COMPLETE: Junior Classics Vol. 4: Heroes and Heroines of Chivalry, by W Patten - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Foon

Post by Foon »

Walnut wrote: August 29th, 2018, 4:47 pm

Thanks! Here is the updated version:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol4_04_patten_128kb.mp3
Same file length as before.
Section 4 is spot PL OK! :thumbs:
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
ArthurityProductions

Post by ArthurityProductions »

Arthurity would be the name that i would like associated with it. And i have already uploaded the test .mp3 under test_arthurityproductions.mp3
Foon

Post by Foon »

ArthurityProductions wrote: September 1st, 2018, 12:27 pm Arthurity would be the name that i would like associated with it. And i have already uploaded the test .mp3 under test_arthurityproductions.mp3
Thank you, you now have a personal reader page which can be found here: https://librivox.org/reader/12743

For the 1-minute test, we need the full link to your recording, which is given when you upload it in the uploader (after completion). [EDIT: I found it, this would be the full link that you share when you upload a recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_arthurityproductions.mp3]
Could you also make sure to post your test in the Listeners and Editors wanted forum? That way, other people can see the test too.
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
ArthurityProductions

Post by ArthurityProductions »

I have recorded and tried to upload. All the settings seem to be right. but i keep getting error
"MB Error SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data"
Foon

Post by Foon »

ArthurityProductions wrote: September 1st, 2018, 1:15 pm I have recorded and tried to upload. All the settings seem to be right. but i keep getting error
"MB Error SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data"
Hm, I'm not sure about that. However your test was already uploaded (as I edited in my previous post). Can you copy that link from my post and post it in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum, as per the instructions of the 1-minute test? Then we can keep this thread about the book, and keep everything a bit tidy. :)

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

Hi James,

I hadn't listened to any of your recordings before, but sections 10 and 11 were a pleasure to listen to! :9:

I have only 1 minor comment which applies to both sections:
Please include the author credit "Retold by Beatrice Clay", at 0:38 and 0:36 in sections 10 and 11 respectively.
Otherwise, they're perfect :D

Cheers,
Foon

Readers needed:
Eduard Rochester

Post by Eduard Rochester »

Thanks Foon. I'll throw in those edits shortly.
Sir Eduard Rochester
Southern Desert Wind Collective
Eduard Rochester

Sir Eduard Rochester
Foon

Post by Foon »

Both are spot PL OK :thumbs:

Thanks for the quick fix! :D

Readers needed:
supermikhail

Post by supermikhail »

Sorry, Foon, I'm going to quit on section 9. I thought I'd enjoy it, but there's several factors that ruin the experience for me... I mean, that doesn't particularly concern the current thread... Anyway, the process of recording, and its anticipation, have been getting more and more stressful and less enjoyable, so. Sorry.
Eduard Rochester

SuperMikhail,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re leaving. I think your accent is wonderful. But beyond that, your voice is very smooth and low (somewhere between a tenor and a baritone), and therefore quite pleasing to the ear. Plus, your pace is just right for listening to audio books.

As far as the technical stuff, it sounds like you’ve mastered the process. I agree, the technical aspect can be tedious though; I’m still frustrated by it sometimes. If you happened to be walking past my house some evening when I’m recording, I’m sure you’d be able to hear me cursing loudly between takes. I spend a lot of time recording a section because, truthfully, I can’t seem to read two sentences without flubbing a word. The bottom line is that I stopped worrying about how long it takes. I just record until I get it sounding the way I like to hear it.

Your technical and reading skills will improve over time. Stick with short works for awhile. I did that until I was completely comfortable with my voice, the equipment and the recording software then I branched out. Your particular voice is a gift, and we need more like it.

Jim
Sir Eduard Rochester
supermikhail

Post by supermikhail »

Thanks, that is comforting to hear (although I hope you won't be too offended if I don't take all of your praise as completely genuine - but I think that's just the way I am).

The thing is, among those other factors, I'm also unhappy with a recording taking a long time. I've got other hobbies, and it'll probably sound weird, but I don't see why this particular one should take disproportionately more time and effort. Plus, what is your main motivator in recording for LibriVox? For me, I just enjoy reading aloud from time to time - activating those mouth and throat muscles, or something like that. So I might exercise those muscles for twenty minutes on my own time, and come away satisfied, or seriously record something here, and... I don't know, I feel like all I'd get is the fact of getting through all the frustration...

Yeah, I guess I'll sound like a selfish bastard (aside from somewhat derailing the thread), but I didn't get anything back - any satisfaction or whatever - after my first couple recordings, to counterbalance the effort. You could say, with more time... I might improve, but I don't actually have a goal to improve towards. Do you?

So I'm actually sort of on a soul-searching vacation right now, and I'm trying to look critically at things that I'm compelled to do, if that makes sense.

Sorry for getting off-topic.
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

I would be happy to take Sections 70 through 79. However, if anyone else is looking forward to more sections, I will do a portion of that.

Nan
"Ready, willing, and vaguely competent." -- Sandra Boynton, 2021
Foon

Post by Foon »

supermikhail wrote: September 2nd, 2018, 6:14 am Sorry, Foon, I'm going to quit on section 9. I thought I'd enjoy it, but there's several factors that ruin the experience for me... I mean, that doesn't particularly concern the current thread... Anyway, the process of recording, and its anticipation, have been getting more and more stressful and less enjoyable, so. Sorry.
Hey,
Absolutely no worries. If you're not having fun, that's a bummer (because we'd like you to have fun here!)--but that's fine! I'll open up your section again for someone else to claim.

Of course, if you'd like to come back at any point in the future, you'd be very welcome to do so!

Thanks for the section that you've submitted already, we appreciate your contribution. :)

All the best,
Foon

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

Nedge wrote: September 2nd, 2018, 8:31 am I would be happy to take Sections 70 through 79. However, if anyone else is looking forward to more sections, I will do a portion of that.

Nan
Thanks Nan, they're all yours :)

Readers needed: