COMPLETE: Junior Classics Vol. 4: Heroes and Heroines of Chivalry, by W Patten - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thank you both! :thumbs:
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Foon

Post by Foon »

Sections 6&7 PL OK! :thumbs:
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
mattbenzing

Post by mattbenzing »

Hi, I would like to volunteer to record "Tales from Early English Chronicles", 10,11,12.

Thanks!
Foon

Post by Foon »

mattbenzing wrote: August 9th, 2018, 7:30 am Hi, I would like to volunteer to record "Tales from Early English Chronicles", 10,11,12.

Thanks!
Hi Matt,
Thanks for your interest in the project! Those sections are reserved for you. However, before you go and record a full section, please complete the 1-minute test we have here at Librivox and make sure you get an OK on that before recording. This is not an audition, but just to make sure that your settings are as we need them to be (things like bitrate, recording in mono instead of stereo, etcetera). The instructions can be found here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the appropriate forum, and post back here when you've done so, so I can keep an eye on it.

Additionally, before I can officially sign you up for these sections, I'll need to know under what name you'd like to appear in the catalog. This can be your real name, your forum name, or another pseudonym. We can also include a link to a personal website/blog if you wish.

Looking forward to hear from you,
Foon

Readers needed:
mattbenzing

Post by mattbenzing »

Hi Foon. Yes, I'm waiting for my OK! I posted my test yesterday. In the meantime I was invited to record "If" for the Fortnightly Poetry project: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=71196&sid=f00fd583d10016ff096017646fdee752

Hopefully I will get my ok soon! Oh, I've already given my catalog name to msfry: Matthew M. Benzing
robinlamb

Post by robinlamb »

Foon

Post by Foon »

Matt: thanks, the sections are now officially assigned to you. Happy recording!
In case Michele didn't link this to you, this is your personal reader page, where you can find everything you have read for LV, or are assigned to read: https://librivox.org/reader/12693

Robin: thanks, you're in for PL!

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

Section 35 is PL OK! :thumbs:

Readers needed:
lethargilistic

Post by lethargilistic »

Mike
Foon

Post by Foon »

lethargilistic wrote: August 11th, 2018, 3:30 am Section 36!

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol4_36_patten_128kb.mp3 (8:42)

BTW, the text is missing ~2 pages. I used Project Gutenberg to fill it in. http://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/6323/pg6323-images.html
Thank you! Sorry for not noticing that before. There were other pages missing as well which have been filled in from that source. I checked a bunch of random locations before and all lines seemed to match up. Thanks for fixing that. :)

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

Oh! Sorry, I completely overlooked the PL note I had written down for section 35 when I posted it :shock:

At 3:33 there is a small repeat "His way lay …"

Readers needed:
lethargilistic

Post by lethargilistic »

Foon wrote: August 11th, 2018, 3:38 am Oh! Sorry, I completely overlooked the PL note I had written down for section 35 when I posted it :shock:

At 3:33 there is a small repeat "His way lay …"
Fixed, thanks!

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol4_35_patten_128kb.mp3 (9:50)
Mike
robinlamb

Post by robinlamb »

Walnut

Post by Walnut »

I try to avoid voice cracks in my recordings.
To PLers- please correct sloppy pronunciation or weird slurring :/