COMPLETE: Junior Classics Vol. 4: Heroes and Heroines of Chivalry, by W Patten - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Foon

Post by Foon »

Sections 29, 30, 35, 39 are PL OK! Thanks y'all :thumbs:
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Foon

Post by Foon »

PL note section 36:

I think it's fun what you did with overlaying your voice as a "group" voice at 2:27--but it's significantly louder than the rest of the recording and it blew up my ears a little :shock: :lol:
Could you de-amplify just that sentence by a decent amount so it lines up more with the volume right before/after it?
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
lethargilistic

Post by lethargilistic »

Foon wrote: August 11th, 2018, 12:30 pm PL note section 36:

I think it's fun what you did with overlaying your voice as a "group" voice at 2:27--but it's significantly louder than the rest of the recording and it blew up my ears a little :shock: :lol:
Could you de-amplify just that sentence by a decent amount so it lines up more with the volume right before/after it?
Haha, sorry. That's what I get for editing without headphones. xD

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol4_36_patten_128kb.mp3
Mike
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thanks, PL OK now! :thumbs:

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

Section 3, 15 and 31 are PL OK :thumbs:

Readers needed:
supermikhail

Post by supermikhail »

I don't know if anyone will be able to empathize, but I'd like to take something, but in every section I come across names that I don't know how I should pronounce. In section 8 it's "Nacien"... And in section 61 - well, my preference would be to pronounce all names the way they are in original Spanish, and I'm not sure that's okay. I won't even say anything about section 44...

God, I probably already sound like a crazy person. I mean, I could go look for a different project that wouldn't trigger my OCD, but I think sooner or later I should pose the question, otherwise I'm never going to record anything.

...Oh, I suppose, the question itself would be "what do you do with weird and foreign names?"

Also how do you pick the section(s) to do? I'm torn between the Arthurian cycle and Don Quixote... :help:
Foon

Post by Foon »

supermikhail wrote: August 11th, 2018, 2:33 pm I don't know if anyone will be able to empathize, but I'd like to take something, but in every section I come across names that I don't know how I should pronounce. In section 8 it's "Nacien"... And in section 61 - well, my preference would be to pronounce all names the way they are in original Spanish, and I'm not sure that's okay. I won't even say anything about section 44...

God, I probably already sound like a crazy person. I mean, I could go look for a different project that wouldn't trigger my OCD, but I think sooner or later I should pose the question, otherwise I'm never going to record anything.

...Oh, I suppose, the question itself would be "what do you do with weird and foreign names?"
Well, for pronouncing names, I think as "authentic as possible" is always a good way to start--so in this case, taking the Spanish pronunciation would be excellent! In some cases a google search of how to pronounce the name would also work.
I don't speak Spanish, so I wouldn't be able to correct you on pronunciation; but what I find important is that 1) it's related to what's written on the page (Don't go pronouncing "Bob" as "John" :lol: ), 2) you pronounce the same name consistently throughout your story. That's personally what I go for, and I think that's acceptable in almost all projects here at LV.
Also how do you pick the section(s) to do? I'm torn between the Arthurian cycle and Don Quixote... :help:
Entirely up to you! You could also pick a short section of both, and see which you enjoy more--and then come back to claim more! For me, it often depends on how much I intend to read for a project. I often like to have subsequent sections, but to each their own.

Let me know if I can sign you up for anything. You're very welcome to take any of the open sections you wish. :)

Readers needed:
robinlamb

Post by robinlamb »

supermikhail

Post by supermikhail »

Thanks for your response, Foon.

Can I then get just section 8? I think I've pretty much come to terms with that one name, and I'd feel bad about wasting that valuable knowledge :roll: ... But, well, you know, if I take anything more, I think I'll be too anxious about taking too long or failing in some other way. That's just the way I am.
Foon

Post by Foon »

supermikhail wrote: August 11th, 2018, 11:49 pm Thanks for your response, Foon.

Can I then get just section 8? I think I've pretty much come to terms with that one name, and I'd feel bad about wasting that valuable knowledge :roll: ... But, well, you know, if I take anything more, I think I'll be too anxious about taking too long or failing in some other way. That's just the way I am.
Alright, section 8 is all yours. You're gonna do great, I'm sure. :)

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

Robin, section 38 is PL OK! :thumbs:

Readers needed:
mattbenzing

Post by mattbenzing »

Thanks, Foon!
mattbenzing

Post by mattbenzing »

OK, here's my first official recording. Some of the names were tough but I did some research and I think I got them correct. Let me know what you think.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol4_32_patten_128kb.mp3
Foon

Post by Foon »

mattbenzing wrote: August 13th, 2018, 2:28 pm OK, here's my first official recording. Some of the names were tough but I did some research and I think I got them correct. Let me know what you think.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/juniorclassicsvol4_32_patten_128kb.mp3
Thanks Matt, I'll PL this tomorrow or the day after.

Do remember to always post the duration of your recording in mm:ss :)

Readers needed:
pmstrahm

Post by pmstrahm »

Hi
I would like to claim the first five sections of Don Quixote that will be section 61 thru 65

Thank u
pistol pete, CC