Got it, thank you!
laurencetrask

Post by laurencetrask »

May I have chapters 2,3 and 4 please?

Laurence Trask
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

laurencetrask wrote: July 26th, 2018, 4:33 pm May I have chapters 2,3 and 4 please?

Laurence Trask
All yours. Enjoy!
tea4tamara

Post by tea4tamara »

I love this book. :) May I do (9) The Fly-Hunting Wasp?
BritLong

Post by BritLong »

I would love Ch. 22 The Crab Spider! This will be my first recording. Hope that's Okay!
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

Section 15 is PL OK.

This is going to be an interesting book as I found myself hurriedly reading up on the Giant Peacock after listening to the chapter. It is even more striking than Fabre described it. See:

http://naturedocumentaries.org/9823/great-peacock-moth-saturnia-pyri-life-cycle-adam-grochowalski-2015/

Not as striking as its North American counterpart, the Cecropia Moth, but up to two inches wider. Alas, the Cecropia Moth does not eat and only lives no more that two weeks.

By some coincidence, this just happens to National Moth Week.

Lomond
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

BritLong wrote: July 28th, 2018, 2:23 pm I would love Ch. 22 The Crab Spider! This will be my first recording. Hope that's Okay!
That's awesome, thank you! I see you've already had your 1-minute test approved, so you can start whenever you're ready. :thumbs:

In order to officially sign you up, I'll need to know what name you want to use for your personal reader page. It can be your real name, your forum name, or whatever else you want. Also, if you have a blog or website you'd like your page to link to, let me know!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

lomond wrote: July 28th, 2018, 7:28 pm Greetings -

Section 15 is PL OK.

This is going to be an interesting book as I found myself hurriedly reading up on the Giant Peacock after listening to the chapter. It is even more striking than Fabre described it. See:

http://naturedocumentaries.org/9823/great-peacock-moth-saturnia-pyri-life-cycle-adam-grochowalski-2015/

Not as striking as its North American counterpart, the Cecropia Moth, but up to two inches wider. Alas, the Cecropia Moth does not eat and only lives no more that two weeks.

By some coincidence, this just happens to National Moth Week.

Lomond
Thank you!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

tea4tamara wrote: July 28th, 2018, 9:19 am I love this book. :) May I do (9) The Fly-Hunting Wasp?
Great, I'm glad you found it! And welcome to LibriVox! I'd love to have you read for this project. Before you get started, you'll need to complete your 1-minute test. It's not an audition, but basically just a sound and tech check. Instructions are in the welcome email you should have received, as well as at the LibriVox wiki, here. I can reserve that section for you while you work on your test. Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions! :D
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

tea4tamara wrote: July 28th, 2018, 9:19 am I love this book. :) May I do (9) The Fly-Hunting Wasp?
Oh, also, I just realized. Section 9 is actually The Wasp and the Cricket. Did you want that one or section 10, The Fly-Hunting Wasp?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, Britanie! You are signed up. Here is your personal reader page---> https://librivox.org/reader/12673

You can get to this page by clicking your name in the MW (magic window) of any project you're signed up for. It shows every project you're currently involved in, as well as (eventually) every completed project you've ever been involved in. Take a look at the link that says "Reader section details," too. That's really handy for keeping track of what you're signed up for.

Have fun with your chapter, and let me know if there's anything I can help you with! :D
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Jo