COMPLETE [DR] Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm by Kate Douglas Wiggin-ma

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Well I saw that RebeccaSheehan mentioned the role of Rebecca for I did, though I was the first to comment on the forum about taking a role generally. If you think she would be better suited to the role I can take Hannah the older sister. However, not sure Rebecca would be a suitable role for a newcomer?
Last edited by leanneyauyau on July 12th, 2018, 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Hi Twinkle! I'd love to participate but must admit I'm not very familiar with the book, having only read an abridged version to my daughter. So I'd like to make the slightly unusual request that you cast me where you think appropriate. I would be happy to play either of the aunts or the mother or the college professor or any other random part you find appropriate - but please bear in mind that I can't do any kind of American accent! I tried once and the result was very strange. So a character that doesn't have too much American dialect would be best - from my brief glance at the text I suspect Miranda Sawyer will be beyond my abilities unless you want a Cockney sounding aunt!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

I have finally finished entering the characters and chapters into the Magic Window! Sorry for the delay, and thank you for your patience! :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: July 2nd, 2018, 6:43 am Twinkle,

I'd be happy to MC this for you. I'm on the road so it will be this evening before I can get your MW set up.

MaryAnn
Whoopee!! Thank you very much, MaryAnn! :clap:
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

RebeccaSheehan wrote: July 6th, 2018, 10:22 am Would love to be a part of this! Happy to read any of the women's roles (particularly Rebecca, if it hasn't been cast!).
Well that would be great! I'll sign you up for Rebecca -- thanks for volunteering! :)

What would you like your catalog name to be? That's the part where you say, "Rebecca Randall, read by..." It can be your real name, your forum name, or something different. Just know that it can't be changed because that's what gets read into the audio file. Also, if you'd like a link to a personal website or blog to be included on your catalog page, just let me know. :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

thestorygirl wrote: July 12th, 2018, 9:44 am Everything is looking great!
Could I play Emily?
:D
Sure thing! Thank you very much! :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

leanneyauyau wrote: July 12th, 2018, 9:52 am I'd love Emma Jane :)
Oh, I'm sorry Leanne, but Emma Jane was claimed via PM on July 2nd. Please let me know if there are any other characters you'd like to read for.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Foon wrote: July 12th, 2018, 10:47 am Could I read Huldah Meserve?
Please do! :) Thank you!
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

benderca wrote: July 12th, 2018, 11:43 am "Charlotte Corday" isn't a separate character, but is actually Rebecca playing a historical figure:
Oh! Thank you very much for clearing that up! I have now updated the scripts. :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

leanneyauyau wrote: July 12th, 2018, 11:44 am Hi benderca - no worries at all, your daughter can claim Emma Jane, it's only fair. What other young female roles are there? I can take Rebecca if there aren't any others.
Oh, dear. :( Sorry, Leanne, but Rebecca is already claimed, too.

Perhaps you'd like Miss Dearborn, Minnie Smellie, Clara Belle Simpson, or Hannah Randall?
benderca

Post by benderca »

leanneyauyau wrote: July 12th, 2018, 11:59 am I can take Hannah the older sister.
There's also Aunt Jane, Leanne. I know she's not young, but if you can play a rugged old pirate captain and a young male blunderer, I'm sure you could handle a middle aged woman. Aunt Jane has a great personality. (Emma Jane is too small a part for you, in my humble opinion, as she only has a few short lines in the chapters she's in, which is why Jasmin was willing to do it. Hannah is an even smaller part). If you don't want such a large part as Aunt Jane (or so old a part), Miss Dearborn is about 19 I think and her part is a bit more interesting than Hannah.
Last edited by benderca on July 13th, 2018, 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benderca

Post by benderca »

Twinkle88 wrote: July 13th, 2018, 1:29 pm
benderca wrote: July 12th, 2018, 11:43 am "Charlotte Corday" isn't a separate character, but is actually Rebecca playing a historical figure:
Oh! Thank you very much for clearing that up! I have now updated the scripts. :)
You're very welcome! It confused me too the first time I read it -- which is why I looked up who Charlotte Corday is. :lol:
benderca

Post by benderca »

Twinkle,

You have Ch. 23 listed for Hannah Randall, but I don't see any lines for her in Ch. 23.
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

leanneyauyau wrote: July 12th, 2018, 11:59 am Well I saw that RebeccaSheehan mentioned the role of Rebecca for I did, though I was the first to comment on the forum about taking a role generally. If you think she would be better suited to the role I can take Hannah the older sister. However, not sure Rebecca would be a suitable role for a newcomer?
After reading the posts, I think it would be more fair to give the role to RebeccaSheehan. I'll speedily sign you up for Hannah Randall, though! :)
Twinkle88

Post by Twinkle88 »

Elizabby wrote: July 12th, 2018, 2:30 pm Hi Twinkle! I'd love to participate but must admit I'm not very familiar with the book, having only read an abridged version to my daughter. So I'd like to make the slightly unusual request that you cast me where you think appropriate. I would be happy to play either of the aunts or the mother or the college professor or any other random part you find appropriate - but please bear in mind that I can't do any kind of American accent! I tried once and the result was very strange. So a character that doesn't have too much American dialect would be best - from my brief glance at the text I suspect Miranda Sawyer will be beyond my abilities unless you want a Cockney sounding aunt!
Would you like to read for Aurelia Randall? She doesn't very much of that confusing dialect stuff going on. :)