COMPLETE Human Nature and Conduct Part 1, by John Dewey - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Rapunzelina wrote: July 8th, 2018, 10:40 am Bill, congrats on your first solo! :clap: :clap: Well done!

Shall I start the cataloguing process?
would you like to give me a few keywords?
Hi there!
Keywords:
Dewey, John, Habit, Custom, Morality, Objective Conditions
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Rapunzelina wrote: July 8th, 2018, 10:40 am Bill, congrats on your first solo! :clap: :clap: Well done!

Yes, please do start the cataloguing process.

Thank you very much.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

williamjones wrote: July 8th, 2018, 1:37 pm

Hi there!
Keywords:
Just so you know, Bill, there is no limit I know of to the amount of keywords you can list, so whatever you think people might use to look up Dewey on Google, Bing, IA or anywhere else, -- philosophy, psychology, democracy, education, transendentalism, or whatever your guy was known for, don't hesitate to list. All I know is from the Wiki page, and he seems to have had fingers in a lot of pots. Whatever helps people find a Dewey book, is good.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: July 8th, 2018, 3:54 pm
williamjones wrote: July 8th, 2018, 1:37 pm

Hi there!
Keywords:
Just so you know, Bill, there is no limit I know of to the amount of keywords you can list, so whatever you think people might use to look up Dewey on Google, Bing, IA or anywhere else, -- philosophy, psychology, democracy, education, transendentalism, or whatever your guy was known for, don't hesitate to list. All I know is from the Wiki page, and he seems to have had fingers in a lot of pots. Whatever helps people find a Dewey book, is good.
OK, add these:
Philosophical School of pragmatism,
Experiential learning
Democratic education system
Functional Psychology
more general: philosophy, psychology, <NOT transcendentalism>, theory of deliberation, dramatic rehearsal,
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Cataloguing is complete!!

Here's the catalogue page: https://librivox.org/human-nature-and-conduct-part-1-by-john-dewey/

Looking forward to see the cover!
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Many thanks, Rapunzelina and MsFry! You both have been very kind and patient during this, my fledgling effort.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

The cover has been submitted. Let's see how long it takes to show up!
So, Mr. Bill, as Dewey would say . . . . .
What's next?
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: July 9th, 2018, 7:39 am The cover has been submitted. Let's see how long it takes to show up!
So, Mr. Bill, as Dewey would say . . . . .
What's next?
What's next? Maybe I'll record a book on Abstract Algebra, or how to translate Aztec and Olmec glyph writings. <joke>
But, maybe something by Henri Bergson, or Jean Jacques Rousseau. Maybe something by Satre?

More seriously: I'd like to find a play (or just excerpts from one) and do readings with another person, a "duet", as it were. I'm thinking of some of the wonderful segments of Shaw's "Caesar an Cleopatra", "Arms and the Man" and "Man and Superman".
Has this been done on LV before?
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

williamjones wrote: July 9th, 2018, 8:13 am Has this been done on LV before?
You can do a search from the Home Page by author, to see what LV has on those guys. Even if it already has a version, you can always do another. I've done duets, but I'll let Rapunzelina speak to the possibility of excerpts.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

To put it simply (I hope) excerpts are possible as long as each excerpt has its own section in the MW. (meaning that it is not possible to combine 2 or more excerpts in one section/recording)