[COMPLETE]SOLO [FINNISH] Merirosvo by Frederick Marryat - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Harr1 wrote: February 1st, 2019, 3:24 am You did it for me, remember? :)
:lol: ok fine. No I didn't remember ;)
Hmm.. links in Magic Window doesn't seem play the fixed files I uploaded. What should be done to get them point to new files?
the new file is always replacing the old file automatically, so it should work. Check if you really uploaded the new files. Did you get the files uploaded message with the links ? And you can also check whether you named them correctly, otherwise it will not replace the old files, if the name is different.

I tried a file at random and it downloaded just fine :hmm:

Sonia
Harr1

Post by Harr1 »

I re-uploaded them now. They seem to work, but only if you download them, and listen them in your own computer. That stupid Magic Window player refuses to play the new files..
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Harr1 wrote: February 1st, 2019, 10:49 am I re-uploaded them now. They seem to work, but only if you download them, and listen them in your own computer. That stupid Magic Window player refuses to play the new files..
I always download the files anyway. But I heard about that problem before from other readers. It's usually because of your "cached items" on your browser or computer. If you delete the caches, I think that will solve the problem.

Sonia
Harr1

Post by Harr1 »

Yeesh, thats the case. I tried to listen them with MW player using other browser, now it works! :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Harr1 wrote: February 1st, 2019, 10:56 am Yeesh, thats the case. I tried to listen them with MW player using other browser, now it works! :thumbs:
super :D

Sonia
Kalilei

Post by Kalilei »

All corrections are ok. PL completed!
Looking for a narrator for a dramatic reading of the Finnish epic KALEVALA
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wohooo, we're done ? 8-) Super, thank you Kalilei. You got inspired by the March challenge to finish this project. :9:

So now I only need to catalogue. Stay tuned guys. I'll post the link when it's done.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

All right, all done :clap:

moving the project to COMPLETED

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/merirosvo-by-frederick-marryat/

Congrats, Harri

Sonia
Harr1

Post by Harr1 »

OK, nice! Thanks for Kalilei and Kitty!

...But I haven't made the covers yet! How much time I have to do them, was it two weeks?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Harr1 wrote: March 8th, 2019, 3:39 am...But I haven't made the covers yet! How much time I have to do them, was it two weeks?
good question, I actually don't know. Best to post this question in the covermakers thread. Annise would know more about that.

Looking forward to seeing your choice of image. Something with a pirate ship I would guess ;)

Sonia
Harr1

Post by Harr1 »

Yes I found out that by myself. It's two weeks from 5th day, so deadline is 19th day.

Yes I had nice sketch about that cover which consisted of few pictures, and it would had been feat of my photoshop skills! Unfortunately, one of the main pictures had issues with copyright (author needed to be mentioned) and so it couldn't be used. This suffled my ideas a lot since I couldn't find comparable picture. So I think I just make something up, to just to get the job done. I can show off my photoshop skills on other covers later.

By the way, this is last project that I record for a while. But I can still proof listen projects, if some Finns find their way here. Just send me PM if Finnish PL:ers are needed, so I get the message in my email. But I'll probably also hang around here on the forums now and then, since I'm learning photoshop, and making real covers for real projects is a great way to practice those skills.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Harr1 wrote: March 8th, 2019, 5:28 amBy the way, this is last project that I record for a while. But I can still proof listen projects, if some Finns find their way here. Just send me PM if Finnish PL:ers are needed, so I get the message in my email.
thank you so much for the offer. Yes, finding Finnish DPLers may get tricky.

Good luck with anything else you plan on doing now. And we're happy that we are not losing you altogether ;) Enjoy the covermaking !

Sonia
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It is frustrating when you find exactly the image you want and it has strings attached. The 2 weeks is just a hope, the sooner the better as the new releases are everywhere very quickly and I like to see my covers go with them
I don't know whether it would work for this but I came across this artist http://www.alternativefinland.com/art-pekka-halonen/ , there are many of his paintings on the net and have been wanting to find a suitable project to use one. Maybe there is something of his? They'd make good covers .

Anne