COMPLETE[NF solo]A Mind That Found Itself by Clifford Wittingham Beers-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
eggs4ears
Posts: 1484
Joined: February 4th, 2011, 9:06 am
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Post by eggs4ears » September 16th, 2018, 2:54 am

Tom, Have you uploaded Chapter 22 (Section 23)? The link in the MW seems to be dead and I don't see a message in the thread on that section.

Chapters 20 & 21 are both PL OK!

SkipCorris
Posts: 106
Joined: February 15th, 2018, 11:52 am

Post by SkipCorris » September 17th, 2018, 8:44 am

I'll check that one out, Phil!

SkipCorris
Posts: 106
Joined: February 15th, 2018, 11:52 am

Post by SkipCorris » September 17th, 2018, 9:42 am


SkipCorris
Posts: 106
Joined: February 15th, 2018, 11:52 am

Post by SkipCorris » September 17th, 2018, 10:23 am


NobelActual
Posts: 13
Joined: September 8th, 2018, 10:29 am

Post by NobelActual » September 17th, 2018, 10:33 am

Hi this is Michael. I saw that you had quite a few. Spots that need to be proofed. I was wondering if you would like some help. LibriVox name NobelActual.

SkipCorris
Posts: 106
Joined: February 15th, 2018, 11:52 am

Post by SkipCorris » September 17th, 2018, 10:58 am


SkipCorris
Posts: 106
Joined: February 15th, 2018, 11:52 am

Post by SkipCorris » September 18th, 2018, 11:02 am

Section 17 (Chapter 16) re-recorded and reposted

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/amindthatfounditself_17_beers_128kb.mp3

36:10

TD

SkipCorris
Posts: 106
Joined: February 15th, 2018, 11:52 am

Post by SkipCorris » September 18th, 2018, 11:14 am

RE: Section 20 (Chapter 19): Unless I'm mispronouncing the word, as I was unfamiliar with it, I heard "druggets", not "druggist".
If you still hear "druggist", I'll redo the sentence or paragraph.

Thanks,
TD

eggs4ears
Posts: 1484
Joined: February 4th, 2011, 9:06 am
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Post by eggs4ears » September 18th, 2018, 5:23 pm

The two links are now consistent, but I am still hearing the repetition below.

Chapter 4: 6:43 - “stimulated my brain to the assembling of disturbing thoughts in an almost endless train.” - this phrase is repeated
TomDaley wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 10:23 am
Phil -
Does this solve it?

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/amindthatfounditself_05_beers_128kb.mp3

TD

eggs4ears
Posts: 1484
Joined: February 4th, 2011, 9:06 am
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Post by eggs4ears » September 18th, 2018, 5:32 pm

Section 9 and 17 are both PL OK now, and if you are happy with Section 20, so am I (I wasn't sure about that one myself). I'll mark that PL OK too.

So as far as I have got so far, that leaves one correction to Section 4 outstanding (repetition at 6:43), and one for Section 18 (change 'prison' to 'position' at 00:35).
TomDaley wrote:
September 18th, 2018, 11:14 am
RE: Section 20 (Chapter 19): Unless I'm mispronouncing the word, as I was unfamiliar with it, I heard "druggets", not "druggist".
If you still hear "druggist", I'll redo the sentence or paragraph.

Thanks,
TD

eggs4ears
Posts: 1484
Joined: February 4th, 2011, 9:06 am
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Post by eggs4ears » September 18th, 2018, 5:37 pm

Thanks for the offer, Michael! I am fine to finish this one up myself.
NobelActual wrote:
September 17th, 2018, 10:33 am
Hi this is Michael. I saw that you had quite a few. Spots that need to be proofed. I was wondering if you would like some help. LibriVox name NobelActual.

SkipCorris
Posts: 106
Joined: February 15th, 2018, 11:52 am

Post by SkipCorris » September 18th, 2018, 6:46 pm

Once more into the breach!

Chapter 4 - Section 5

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/amindthatfounditself_05_beers_128kb.mp3

12:03

TD

eggs4ears
Posts: 1484
Joined: February 4th, 2011, 9:06 am
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Post by eggs4ears » September 20th, 2018, 4:36 am

That's got it! PL OK
TomDaley wrote:
September 18th, 2018, 6:46 pm
Once more into the breach!

Chapter 4 - Section 5

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/amindthatfounditself_05_beers_128kb.mp3

12:03

TD

eggs4ears
Posts: 1484
Joined: February 4th, 2011, 9:06 am
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Post by eggs4ears » September 21st, 2018, 5:44 am

Chapters 22, 23, 24, 25 al PL Ok!

eggs4ears
Posts: 1484
Joined: February 4th, 2011, 9:06 am
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Post by eggs4ears » September 28th, 2018, 5:41 am

PL notes for Section 27

6:18 - i determined to go over the heads - repeated
11:21 - I understand certain phases of the business - I heard 'phrases' for 'phases'
14:59 - in which case it might reach you - I heard 'which in case it might reach you'
15:34 - this page was - repeated
16:24 - after 'I wrote' - missing text 'will not affect the result'

Section 28

7:36 - that I again began life in my old world - missing text 'life in'

Section 29 is PL OK!

Post Reply