[Complete]Mystery of the Ambush in India by Andy Adams - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Section 20 is PL OK!

Good grief! At least with only one chapter to go there can't be too many more twists and turns.
Tom Penn
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover »

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/mysteryambushindi_21_adams_128kb.mp3

Chapter 21 of the Mystery of the Ambush in India by Andy Adams

Duration: 10:01
9.62MB

The End! - Hope I have not been reading too quickly?

Peter
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Chapter 21: one small detail for your consideration:

The first post of this thread seems to say that you are to end this chapter by saying:
"End of chapter 21, end of MYSTERY OF THE AMBUSH IN INDIA, by Andy Adams." I did not hear "End of chapter 21".

I think the pacing was fine. IMO this book is not one to be read slowly. There is a lot of action, and the reading should mirror that. I think you nailed it. :thumbs:
Tom Penn
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover »

Thanks Tom. I think I did get confused now I think of it about the final chapter outro, if that's the right term. I will try and fix it later this evening.

I'm pleased you thought the reading tempo was about right, and I agree that it's important to keep the tension up with this kind of adventure story.

Peter
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover »

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/mysteryambushindi_21_adams_128kb.mp3

Chapter 21 with added and hopefully correct outro, re-uploaded.

Duration:10:06
9.70MB

Peter
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Chapter 21 is PL OK!

Well done!. We are complete. Thank you for your work on this book, Peter. It was a lot of fun.

David: over to you to do your magic and get this book in the catalog.
Tom Penn
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Peter & Tom,

Peter, Did you want to update the summary??

Thank you for sharing your time and talents.

This project is in the Librivox Catalog: https://librivox.org/mystery-of-the-ambush-in-india-by-andy-adams/

David O
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover »

Hi David

Yes, I had not got around to that yet, but hope to enlarge the summary later today. It's great that the book has appeared so quickly, and thanks to you and Tom for excellent work and top notch support.

Peter
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover »

I've written up the summary but it doesn't appear to have worked in the final uploaded files? Maybe someone has to re-upload the final files?

This is the summary -

"A Biff Brewster adventure story () This is another story set this time in exotic and mystical India with much of the action around and near the Himalayas. This story brings together all of the friends that Biff Brewster has made in his previous adventures plus a couple of new friends, and involves his father and Uncle Charles once again, and the other members of his family. Some of the events are spectacular, and tension is held by the involvement of an international spy and other situations including riots in Calcutta, poisonous snakes, a mad tiger, and wild bears, as well as a strange religious cult."

Peter
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Peter,

Only an MC can change the summary that appears in the catalog. I have updated the Librivox Catalog and Internet Archive pages based on the new summary you provided.

I did make one slight change - combining the first two sentences.

David O
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover »

Many thanks, I thought that must be the case, and the first sentence is much better now.

Peter