[COMPLETE][solo] Adventure Flemington by Violet Jacob - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

So why didn't you offer (smile)? I was ashamed to ask in case you would say no. I will sign you up and ask Sonia to make you co-bc so that you have access to the magic window.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I signed you up, Nann. Both of you can feel free to change the summary as you see fit. It's all yours. Good luck.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

I thought that a solo project was something one got to do after a few years. :) I didn't ask because I'm so new at this.

Nan
"Ready, willing, and vaguely competent." -- Sandra Boynton, 2021
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Nedge wrote: August 1st, 2018, 2:04 pm I thought that a solo project was something one got to do after a few years. :) I didn't ask because I'm so new at this.

Nan
you don't have you wait years to start a solo ! We usually ask the reader to try a few sections first to test the waters and see if they really like recording and editing. But you have passed this "stage" a long time already by handing in so many good recordings in this project so there is nothing holding you back from doing a solo.

You should have access to the MW now and can insert your links yourself now. I see some helpful admin already changed the status while I was absent. Thanks !

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Chapters 3-8 are PL Ok.

Wow, I don't know what I was expecting from this book! But somehow I wasn't expecting that. I was definitely pulled into the front that he was just a simple painter and nothing else much. I was, of course, proved wrong. Whatever happens in the story, I already love Logie. He'll probably go die some heroic death.... :D :D

Anyway, it is all done well so far!
Hope Kuerschner

It is not the will of God that in this life we should be sinless, Lest we should find a perfection apart from forgiveness. P.T Forsyth
Theologians have done more to hide the gospel of Christ than any of its adversaries. GM
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

No one is ever a simple anything in these novels. :) (And Violet Jacob has a few more in the public domain!) I also found other Scottish female authors with un-Librivoxed (Is that a word?) works!

Nan
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Which other scotish authors?
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Chapter 9 is PL Ok!

PL notes for chpt 10:
3:55) (I won't put any script here cause the problem was you stumbled and then paused and then went back a sentence and started reading again, which is great, except you need to cut out the bit where you stumble and just leave the re-read sentence. Whoa, that made very little sense :lol: 8-)

8:40) '...not only to His Majesty's intelligence officer at Perth...' ('officer' is not said, I think the issue kinda changes the meaning but if you don't think so then just leave it)

9:53) '...how he had seen them stop opposite the ship's light...' (missing word)

I think that's it for now :)
Hope Kuerschner

It is not the will of God that in this life we should be sinless, Lest we should find a perfection apart from forgiveness. P.T Forsyth
Theologians have done more to hide the gospel of Christ than any of its adversaries. GM
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

miss stav:

https://digital.nls.uk/works-by-selected-scottish-authors/archive/128693569

I'm sure there are others.

I'll go in and correct the errors all at one time. (I'm busy making new ones!) :D

Nan
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Perfect!

I will try to PL these as soon as possible. I am a little swamped right now so... :)
Hope Kuerschner

Nedge

Post by Nedge »

I hope to finish up the book this week, so if you're swamped, you could just wait and do all of the chapters when you can, once they're done. (Does that make sense?)

Nan
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Yeah, no worries. We were just putting up a big hay shed on our farm in the last few days and getting ready for a 2-week road trip that we are about to go on, so... That is what I meant by swamped, though I do get an hour here or there. I'll PL when I can.

Chapter 10 is PL Ok.

Notes for Chapter 11:
9:18) "Like Archie Flemington, he loved life, but he loved it differently." (I just thought it should be edited cause it changes the meaning)

You can correct whenever :D
Hope Kuerschner

Nedge

Post by Nedge »

The chapter that is up in the Magic Window as Chapter 19 is really Chapter 27. My fault entirely since I recorded the last chapter at the end of a long session of sitting (because it was short.)

Nan