[COMPLETE][FULL] World's Story 3: Egypt, Africa, Arabia - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and thank you for another perfectly PL ok section, storygirl :D A city of 120,000 people could be housed with the bricks of the pyramid ? :shock: The thought is mind-blowing.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

:) More coming soon. I have the story of Joseph recorded, just needs editing, and then the Suez Canal!
Thanks for PLing!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thestorygirl wrote: August 17th, 2018, 3:24 pm :) More coming soon. I have the story of Joseph recorded, just needs editing, and then the Suez Canal!
you finished Joseph ! :9: I believe that was the longest section in the book. Now I am curious how long it is. I am seriously counting on 3/4 hour at least.

Looking forward !

Sonia
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

I just realized I hadn't fixed Section 18 yet:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume03_018_tappan_128kb.mp3

(5:40)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thestorygirl wrote: August 18th, 2018, 3:03 pm I just realized I hadn't fixed Section 18 yet:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume03_018_tappan_128kb.mp3
(5:40)
thank you ! This is PL ok now. One section closer to the finishing line. :9:

Sonia
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:shock: nearly an hour !!! Even longer than I thought. Kudos for the feat already. Will PL tomorrow, it's already late here today.

Thank you so much. I'm looking forward to it :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thestorygirl wrote: August 21st, 2018, 12:13 pmSection 26~ (53:28)
wonderful reading, yet again, storygirl :9: The hour passed by agreeably, even though I knew the story very well already from Lloyd-Webber's musical :mrgreen: I loved listening to it all and it's a great addition to the compilation.

It was almost a perfect run-through, but I have a few small things to correct though:

> at 31:04: (p. 112): missing sentence: "The man did solemnly protest unto us, saying"

> at 44:24: (p. 118): please close the footnote with "End of Footnote"

> at 53:27: end silence is only 1 second, could you also please extend it to the standard 5 seconds ?

Thank you so much ! One of the biggest sections is done.

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

And here we have another exciting piece:

62 The music of the desert (latter part of nineteenth century), by Gilbert Watson (30:20)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume03_062_tappan_128kb.mp3
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: August 24th, 2018, 3:19 pm And here we have another exciting piece:

62 The music of the desert (latter part of nineteenth century), by Gilbert Watson (30:20)
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume03_062_tappan_128kb.mp3
you managed your "big one", TJ :9: thank you so much. I will have a listen, hopefully still today. I accumulated quite a bit of PL backlog yesterday :?

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: August 24th, 2018, 3:19 pmAnd here we have another exciting piece:
you were not wrong with the word "exciting". Wow, the whole passage was written sort of dreamily and especially the dance of the woman was highly sensuous. One could almost feel the rhythm of the music underlying it all. A wonderful chapter and you have given it an excellent expressiveness with your tone of voice and your reading in character. I really loved it. Thank you so much.

I feel awful to make a little note though :oops:

> at 9:40: (p. 359): "là bas, au sud" - you say "it has" for some reason :hmm: this is French and means "over there, in the south" - là bas is pronounced lah-bah (without the 's'). Would it be possible to correct these two words still, please ?

The rest is absolutely perfect.

And that's one other big piece finished. We're nearing the end, and you'll be pleased to hear that I am seriously considering launching the next part this coming week... I think we have all waiting long enough. :lol: If I manage it may start tomorrow, so stay tuned.

Sonia
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume03_017_tappan_128kb.mp3
16:5 min

I had to use the cellphone for recording and edit with my normal mic, so the both don't fit together perfectly, but I still wish you to have fun listen to the recording :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

moniaqua wrote: August 26th, 2018, 3:41 am https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume03_017_tappan_128kb.mp3
16:5 min

I had to use the cellphone for recording and edit with my normal mic, so the both don't fit together perfectly, but I still wish you to have fun listen to the recording :)
thank you, Monika, I did indeed have fun listening and the section was very interesting. I think the sound of both recordings is quite good. Yes, I hear a difference in the editing, but it doesn't distract at all and since both sound good, it's not a problem. :thumbs:

I do have two small edits to note though:

> at 0:01: "Section 17 of Egypt, Africa and Arabia - oops, you used the previous book title "India, Persia...". In the second part of the disclaimer you used the correct title so a simply copy/paste may work here

> at 8:24: p. 62: "M. Mariette" - this would surely be François Auguste Mariette: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auguste_Mariette and since his name does not start with an 'M' I am guessing, this should be "monsieur" or "mister" (as you wish)

The rest is excellent, another wonderful chapter in the box. Thanks :)

Sonia
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Kitty wrote: August 26th, 2018, 5:01 am > at 0:01: "Section 17 of Egypt, Africa and Arabia - oops, you used the previous book title "India, Persia...". In the second part of the disclaimer you used the correct title so a simply copy/paste may work here
Ouups :oops: I'll have a look at it. I thought that something sounded strange there... Probably a copy&paste error :lol:
Kitty wrote: August 26th, 2018, 5:01 am > at 8:24: p. 62: "M. Mariette" - this would surely be François Auguste Mariette: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auguste_Mariette and since his name does not start with an 'M' I am guessing, this should be "monsieur" or "mister" (as you wish)
A, I was slightly wondering about it, of course after I had sent the file :roll: Thank you. I'll look at it, too.