COMPLETE Swanhilde, and other Fairy Tales, by Wilhelm Hauff-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
CoMo290
Posts: 27
Joined: May 13th, 2017, 5:31 pm
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Contact:

Post by CoMo290 » June 27th, 2018, 8:52 am

I would like to claim section 6, "The Story of the Severed Hand", please and thank you =]
The Process Is Everything

arrowheadAussie
Posts: 156
Joined: June 5th, 2018, 6:30 pm

Post by arrowheadAussie » June 27th, 2018, 10:05 am

Could I PL section 11?

Foon
Posts: 2860
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » June 28th, 2018, 2:11 pm

Thanks all, I just got back from holidays and will properly sort everything after some much needed sleep!
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15273
Joined: February 23rd, 2009, 4:37 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » June 30th, 2018, 5:38 pm

Added Anthony as DPL at Foon's request.
MaryAnn

Foon
Posts: 2860
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » June 30th, 2018, 5:39 pm

Thanks MaryAnn!
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

Pixxol
Posts: 55
Joined: January 7th, 2018, 10:44 am
Contact:

Post by Pixxol » June 30th, 2018, 6:35 pm

I have mine ready to go, but I don't see Foon in the upload menu. Should I upload it to MaryAnn's as well?
Siobhan

Foon
Posts: 2860
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » July 1st, 2018, 2:38 am

Yes Pixxol, indeed :) to MaryAnn's folder. For future reference, you can always find that at the bottom of the post with the magic window :)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

Pixxol
Posts: 55
Joined: January 7th, 2018, 10:44 am
Contact:

Post by Pixxol » July 1st, 2018, 3:02 am

Foon wrote:
July 1st, 2018, 2:38 am
Yes Pixxol, indeed :) to MaryAnn's folder. For future reference, you can always find that at the bottom of the post with the magic window :)
Ah, okay! I actually didn't know that it showed it in the magic window, lol!
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/swanhilde_09_hauff_128kb.mp3 15 m 58 s
Siobhan

sereneitty
Posts: 4
Joined: June 29th, 2018, 8:37 am

Post by sereneitty » July 2nd, 2018, 11:11 am

I would like to claim section 10 The Boy and the Treasures of the Old Witch, please.

If ok, it will be my 1st recording, please credit me as "Serene Itty". Thanks.

Foon
Posts: 2860
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » July 2nd, 2018, 2:14 pm

sereneitty wrote:
July 2nd, 2018, 11:11 am
I would like to claim section 10 The Boy and the Treasures of the Old Witch, please.

If ok, it will be my 1st recording, please credit me as "Serene Itty". Thanks.
All yours, thanks for claiming! I'll put it in the MW tomorrow morning.

Happy recording! :D
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

sereneitty
Posts: 4
Joined: June 29th, 2018, 8:37 am

Post by sereneitty » July 3rd, 2018, 5:00 am

Thanks Foon!

Um... I have a newbie question. I was looking through the text and there was this line, "...the old woman took it from the fire and would have eaten it; but she could not, it was so salt and bitter". I wasn't sure if "salt" instead of "salty" was a grammatical error or just a usage that I'm not familiar with. I was thinking if I should just read as it is, and also wanted to ask what the common practice is when we encounter possible errors. Do we always stay true to the text or is it something that's up to the reader?

Foon
Posts: 2860
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » July 3rd, 2018, 5:25 am

sereneitty wrote:
July 3rd, 2018, 5:00 am
Thanks Foon!

Um... I have a newbie question. I was looking through the text and there was this line, "...the old woman took it from the fire and would have eaten it; but she could not, it was so salt and bitter". I wasn't sure if "salt" instead of "salty" was a grammatical error or just a usage that I'm not familiar with. I was thinking if I should just read as it is, and also wanted to ask what the common practice is when we encounter possible errors. Do we always stay true to the text or is it something that's up to the reader?
Hi there,

Thanks for asking!
In general, we adhere to the text as best we can, without changing anything. If something unambiguously is a printing error (e.g. it would say "priinting error"), you can correct it, but otherwise, we don't. After all, language has evolved a lot over time and the way people wrote 100 years ago was rather different from what we do now; it could just as well be that "so salt and bitter" was the proper way back then. When in doubt, it is always best to adhere to the text. So in this case, just go with what is written. :)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

sereneitty
Posts: 4
Joined: June 29th, 2018, 8:37 am

Post by sereneitty » July 5th, 2018, 7:16 am

Foon wrote:
July 3rd, 2018, 5:25 am
sereneitty wrote:
July 3rd, 2018, 5:00 am
Thanks Foon!

Um... I have a newbie question. I was looking through the text and there was this line, "...the old woman took it from the fire and would have eaten it; but she could not, it was so salt and bitter". I wasn't sure if "salt" instead of "salty" was a grammatical error or just a usage that I'm not familiar with. I was thinking if I should just read as it is, and also wanted to ask what the common practice is when we encounter possible errors. Do we always stay true to the text or is it something that's up to the reader?
Hi there,

Thanks for asking!
In general, we adhere to the text as best we can, without changing anything. If something unambiguously is a printing error (e.g. it would say "priinting error"), you can correct it, but otherwise, we don't. After all, language has evolved a lot over time and the way people wrote 100 years ago was rather different from what we do now; it could just as well be that "so salt and bitter" was the proper way back then. When in doubt, it is always best to adhere to the text. So in this case, just go with what is written. :)
Got it. Thanks!

Foon
Posts: 2860
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » July 11th, 2018, 7:20 am

Pixxol,

Section 9 is beautifully read! :clap: (Sorry that PL took a while!) I have two comments:

12:15 I hear "devoid to battle and the chase", the text reads "devoted to battle and the chase"
14:27-end: Looks like you have re-recorded some phrases for editing at the end of the story. (I think they all sound excellent :D) Could you cut those down to 1 version? ;)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

Foon
Posts: 2860
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » July 11th, 2018, 8:02 am

Annalisa,

Section 11 is beautifully read :clap: It is PL OK! :thumbs:
(sorry for the delay in PL!)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

Post Reply