COMPLETE: Birds and Nature, Vol XI, April 1902 - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
loukendaru

Post by loukendaru »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: June 10th, 2018, 1:39 pm Hi Lou. I've signed you up for Section 18.

As this will be your first recording for Librivox, please have a look at the NewbieGuideToRecording and also read carefully through all the notes in the first post of this thread if you haven't already done so.

We also highly recommend that you send in a short test recording to check that all the technical requirements are good before recording a full chapter. 

http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

I'll also need to know by what name you would like to be listed in the catalog. If you have a personal website, that can be linked as well.

Thanks and welcome to Librivox. :)
Hey there!

Yes! I just re-uploaded my one minute test here - viewtopic.php?f=21&t=70614&p=1476025#p1476025

And I'll go by my full name - Lou Kendaru!

Warmly :) - L
GreenEggs1700

Post by GreenEggs1700 »

NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Thank you Samuel!

This was a beautiful recording, very soulful, which I liked very much.

There are just 3 things that need adjusting:

After the poem, please also record the authors name —Lucy Larcom.

The outro at the very end needs to be as follows: "End of Section [number]. This recording is in the public domain" .... you left off the "This recording is in the public domain" part of this.

After the two above, at the very end there needs to be 5 seconds of silence, you only have 0.5 seconds.

No need to record the whole thing again, it was perfect, just add those edits above near the end, upload again with new time (length) and I will listen again!

Thanks!
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
GreenEggs1700

Post by GreenEggs1700 »

GreenEggs1700

Post by GreenEggs1700 »

NemoR wrote: June 11th, 2018, 1:07 pm
Thank you Samuel!

This was a beautiful recording, very soulful, which I liked very much.

There are just 3 things that need adjusting:

After the poem, please also record the authors name —Lucy Larcom.

The outro at the very end needs to be as follows: "End of Section [number]. This recording is in the public domain" .... you left off the "This recording is in the public domain" part of this.

After the two above, at the very end there needs to be 5 seconds of silence, you only have 0.5 seconds.

No need to record the whole thing again, it was perfect, just add those edits above near the end, upload again with new time (length) and I will listen again!

Thanks!
hey, haha yeah after doing my second recording I realized my mistakes and was just going to fix them. section 12 is also missing authors name so I will fix that.

Cheers,
Green
GreenEggs1700

Post by GreenEggs1700 »

GreenEggs1700

Post by GreenEggs1700 »

NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Thnx! .... you nailed 2 of the 3 fixes .... proper outro and 5 seconds of silence!

Unfortunately, the authors name —Lucy Larcom, is still missing after the poem.

I'll listen to sec 12 2nite!
Nemo

NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Ah, I have marked section 9 PL OK.

I see you added the authors name at the beginning, which I did not catch on the last listen-to as in a spot PL check, we only listen to the areas that we marked as needing fixing, which in this case was at the end of the poem.

Thnx.
Nemo

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

loukendaru wrote: June 11th, 2018, 12:37 pm
Hey there!

Yes! I just re-uploaded my one minute test here - viewtopic.php?f=21&t=70614&p=1476025#p1476025

And I'll go by my full name - Lou Kendaru!

Warmly :) - L
I see you got an OK on your test. :) Here's your catalog page

https://librivox.org/reader/12567

If you click on the link for reader section details below your name, it will take you to a list where you can see the status of all the files in open projects that you have volunteered to read. Clicking on the project name will take you directly to the forum thread for that project.
Jo
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Thanks!

In the MW and PL OK :clap:
Nemo

loukendaru

Post by loukendaru »

NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Thanks Lou!!

This was a great 1st recording! .... well read and spot on. Good job you! :D

Perfectly PL OK!
Nemo

GreenEggs1700

Post by GreenEggs1700 »

NemoR wrote: June 11th, 2018, 1:59 pm Ah, I have marked section 9 PL OK.

I see you added the authors name at the beginning, which I did not catch on the last listen-to as in a spot PL check, we only listen to the areas that we marked as needing fixing, which in this case was at the end of the poem.

Thnx.
Hey, sorry for the mix up. For future reference, is it fine that I said the authors name after the title of the section. Or is it usually said at the end?
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

GreenEggs1700 wrote: June 13th, 2018, 2:22 pm
NemoR wrote: June 11th, 2018, 1:59 pm Ah, I have marked section 9 PL OK.

Thnx.
Hey, sorry for the mix up. For future reference, is it fine that I said the authors name after the title of the section. Or is it usually said at the end?
Hey Samuel,

No worries!

For projects that have multiple authors like this, I have seen it done both ways. It depends on how the BC prefers it. The best bet is to always take a close look at the instructions after the MW (magic window) as it will usually detail how you should read it. In this case, for the ones you already recorded, I think it's fine that you have it after the title of the section, however for the "Birds & Nature" series, it is customary to read it after the end of the piece as written in the text. For the rest of your recordings, if you could do it that way, that would be great!

Thanks!
Last edited by NemoR on June 13th, 2018, 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo