[Complete] History of the Jews in Russia and Poland, Vol 1 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
sskim

Post by sskim »

Section 13 is now up. Thanks.

SS
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

I can finish this one up as PL for you Lynne. I will start with the one that is up for listening now.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

afutterer wrote: August 28th, 2018, 11:04 am I can finish this one up as PL for you Lynne. I will start with the one that is up for listening now.
Thank you, Anthony. I'll wait for the OK from the reader before adding you, though.
sskim

Post by sskim »

Of cause!

Thanks Anthony and Lynne.

SS
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Thank you!
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 13 - Chapter 6 The Inner Life of Polish Jewry During the Period of Decline, Part 2, 3. The Sabbatian Movement, 4. The Frankish Sect, 4584 words

Hi, and thank you for allowing me to PL this for you!

I just noticed one small thing that I would like addressed;

At about 14:01m the volume jumps incredibly making me have to dial the volume back. At about 30:17m it falls back down to the original level so I had to turn the volume back up. I am not a recording artist so I am not sure if this can be handled with a normalizing function, but I would think that is possible. Lynne, do you have any suggestions of what to do here?
Last edited by afutterer on August 29th, 2018, 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony

sskim

Post by sskim »

Hi,

I listened and noticed volume peak at the middle of the recording. I think I can solve the problem. I will upload a new recording, well, not new one but current one with less volume difference.

I will let you know when I upload new one.

Thanks,

SS
sskim

Post by sskim »

I will do it over the weekend or early next week. Thanks.
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

:D
sskim wrote: August 29th, 2018, 6:09 am I will do it over the weekend or early next week. Thanks.
Anthony

sskim

Post by sskim »

Hi Anthony,

I corrected the volume problem. I don't know how it happened. I usually amplify recording and convert it into mp3 file. It seems that only part of recording was amplified this time. I usually keep original aup file until PL OK. The aup file did not have volume problem. So it was a simple work. From next time I will check mp3 files before uploading.

Thanks and have a nice weekend.

SS
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 13 - Chapter 6 The Inner Life of Polish Jewry During the Period of Decline, Part 2, 3. The Sabbatian Movement, 4. The Frankish Sect, 4584 words

PL OK

I am glad the issue was simple to fix. Sounds like it may have been a strange anomaly. Great work!
Anthony

sskim

Post by sskim »

Section 14 is up. Volume is OK.

Thanks,

SS
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 14 - Chapter 6 The Inner Life of Polish Jewry During the Period of Decline, Part 3, 5. The Rise of Hasidism..... 6. The Hasidic Propaganda.... 7. Rabbinism, Hasidism... 5816 words

PL OK
Anthony

sskim

Post by sskim »

Thank you very much !! :clap: :clap: :clap:

SS