[Complete] History of the Jews in Russia and Poland, Vol 1 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
sskim

Post by sskim »

Philip,

Section 9 is up. I am experiencing hottest Summer in my life. A few days ago, while I was driving downtown Seoul, temp hit 38 deg. C, about 100 deg. F.
Amazing! No sign of rain nor typhoon. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Take care,

SS
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

SS:

Section 9 is PL-OK! Nicely done! Sorry to hear about the heat wave in Seoul. We've had one here in Arkansas, too--the last 3 weeks have been especially dry and hot (temps here between 36-40 C). And, as you said, not a sign of any precipitation in sight. (Maybe its the same weather system? :hmm:)

By the way--I really enjoyed seeing the last Winter Olympics--definitely a triumph for South Korea. I've studied a good bit about Korea (mostly in the 20th century) and read a good deal more, but it was the first time I've seen extended pictures of the countryside outside of the major cities. Very beautiful (and in winter, the weather looked very cold--which is good for winter sports).

As always I enjoyed hearing your reading.

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
sskim

Post by sskim »

Thanks Philip,

There was a lot of heated discussions about the Winter Olympics for its cost and political implications. Now it is over and I hope we can find good ways to maximize the return on investment for the huge infrastructure.

We have our own share of beautiful places, but the photo you saw might have not captured a critical reality, the sheer number of tourists in every beautiful places. Am I being cynical?? But that’s first thing I notice in Korea. :lol: :P :P

Thanks again,

SS
sskim

Post by sskim »

Philip,

Section 10 is now up.

Thanks,
SS
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

SS:

Another fine job, but there are a couple of corrections:

(1) At 35:36, I heard Charles VII (7th); I expected Charles XII (12th)
(2) The silence at the end of the reading is just under 4 seconds, instead of the about 5 seconds in the first post.

I understand about the joys and otherwise of tourism--I used to work in a city which was the tourist capital of Arkansas at the time (Eureka Springs)...it has since been supplanted by Pres. Clinton's home town of Hope. These however, were coastal shots, very rugged mountains and forested areas where people were at a minimum.

Many thanks,

Philip
sskim

Post by sskim »

Hi Philip,

Thanks for the feedback. I think the mistakes are from heat wave here :D :D :D I will do the correction next week when I upload the next section.

By the way, I know a guy from Eureka Springs. He used to work with me in Korea early 90's. I am one of those few in the office who can speak English and he liked to chat with me. He used to tease me with exaggerated drawl. I remember I felt quite embarrassed when I could not understand him, especially in front of my Korean colleagues. :D :D :D I heard that he is now happily retired somewhere in Arkansas. Happy Memory.

Have a nice weekend.

SS
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Small world. I was the City Attorney there from 1986-1988 and had my main practice 12 miles to the east.

I didn't figure anyone in Korea would've heard of it. :D

Ever forward,

Philip
sskim

Post by sskim »

Philip,

Being a city attorney must be quite an experience. You must have had lot of interesting cases. My son-in-law is a judge in South Korea handling various cases. He seems to know and understand lot about people and society for his age.

By the way, section 10 is up again. Section 11 is also up. The story gets gorier. You probably don't want to eat your sandwich while listening to the recording. :D

Thanks,

SS
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

SS:

Chapters 10 and 11 are PL-Ok! Nicely done!

Many thanks,

Philip
sskim

Post by sskim »

Thanks Philip.

SS
sskim

Post by sskim »

Section 12 is now up.

Thanks,
SS
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I am advertising for new a new proof listener.
sskim

Post by sskim »

Thanks Lynnet. I saw it. I will upload one section in every 2 weeks. Hope that we will find listener in the mean time,

SS
linny

Post by linny »

I can't DPL but I had some free time. Section 12 is PL OK. :D
sskim

Post by sskim »

Thanks Linny :clap: :clap:

SS