COMPLETE : Hemlock Avenue Mystery by Roman Doubleday -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Roger wrote: November 8th, 2018, 8:21 amLooks like I've moved on from food bloopers to pronoun bloopers. :mrgreen:
well at least that keeps me on my toes :lol:
Although you marked this as PL OK, I went ahead and fixed both errors, if you'd like to do a quick spot check just to make sure all is well.
I love your dedication :) And the chapter is yet again PL ok. :thumbs:

On to the final chapter, even though, the suspense is gone now since we know whodunnit. Now probably only comes the happily ever after ending.

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

And sure enough, chapter 24, being the final, has been uploaded and posted.

Thanks! :)
-- Roger .... pushing on the door of life marked "pull"
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wohooooo !!! First thing tomorrow :9:

Looking forward to this.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and a great finale with happy ending. Though I must say, Kittie would not have been left off the hook so easily nowadays. There would still be an inquest where she would have to appear. I mean, we only have her word for it that it really was only an accident in self-defense :hmm:

But: a great ending to a great story. I'm almost sad it's finished.

I have one final PL note here, just to be totally consistent:

> at 7:49: you forgot to say "End of Chapter 24" which you normally say in each chapter.

The rest, totally fine !

Thanks for the great listening pleasure yet again. :9:

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

That's a good catch. You are right, I always give the "end of chapter ...", so I've patched the file and re-uploaded (and modified the length in the MW).
Ready for a spot PL at your convenience.

Thanks!! :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

well I won't let you wait any longer ! Last section PL ok. :clap:

Congrats on yet another great addition to our catalogue. And thanks for letting me join the ride.

Over to Jo...

Sonia
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Congratulations Roger, on completion of this solo recording for LibriVox. This book is now in the LibriVox catalog and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalog page and let me know if any changes are needed.

https://librivox.org/the-hemlock-avenue-mystery-by-lily-a-long/
Jo
Roger

Post by Roger »

Thanks Jo and Sonia. I'm glad this is in the catalog.
My only beef is in the author's name, but I suppose there isn't anything you can do about that. Just one of the many limitations placed on us by technology.

Thanks again!
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Hi Roger. I added a note about the author to the summary. See what you think -

https://librivox.org/the-hemlock-avenue-mystery-by-lily-a-long/

Roman Doubleday is entered as a pseudonym so a catalog search for either Lily A. Long or Roman Doubleday will get you to this book.
Jo
Roger

Post by Roger »

Thanks Jo.
It makes me wonder - what if a Roman Doubleday book had been cataloged before anything by Lily A. Long.
Wouldn't Roman Doubleday then have been the 'main' author in the catalog, and subsequent works by Lila A. Long have been 'by Roman Doubleday'?
Never mind, I guess it doesn't make that much difference either way. It's just a personal beef of mine.
Thanks again for your efforts, they are very much appreciated !
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

When we introduced the new catalog, we made the decision to (1) standardize author entries as one entry in the database per author and (2) to use the author's real name as the main entry with pseudonyms added to the main author entry. We have made a few exceptions in cases where all (or almost all) works by an well-known author were only written using a single pseudonym. Mark Twain is an example, where Twain is the main database entry with Samuel Clemens is entered as the "pseudonym." I think there are also a few from the Stratemeyer Syndicate entered by pseudonym where the actual author is unknown.
Jo