[COMPLETE] An excursion the Lakes by William Hutchinson-arb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

I can say hand on heart that it's no imposition at all, but I do understand. I'm happy with PLing that only checks that I haven't left any stupid mistakes/outtakes in, but it's also really nice to get it 'right' if it's likely to be the only copy of a particular book. That's if, and only if, a DPL is willing to read along, and even then I tend to hold poetry and prose to different standards!

A couple of notes for section 4:

18.37-18.40. First sentence of second paragraph, p. 139
...which descended to the edge of the water [heard river]...

21.14-21.17. Second half of quote, p. 142
Now flashes o'er the scattered [heard fettered] fragments...

Was any of this recorded on an RSPB reserve? It sounded like you had a lot of avian guest readers!
Newgatenovelist

Good morning!

Last notes (finally!)

Section 5

10.18-10.22. Second paragraph, mid-paragraph, p. 159
...heaving [heard having] its billows as if boiling from the bottom...

Section 6

A note about the MW - the MW says 'via Keswick', but the intro has 'via Kendal' - I think it's a quick fix in the MW

18.33-18.36. Second paragraph, p. 191
...I hope the digression [heard discretion] may be pardoned.

And that's it from me for now! Take as much time as you want thinking about any changes or anything else. I'm not going anywhere.

It's been an absolute pleasure listening to this book, and I think you've set the bar quite high for future travel pieces.
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

All corrections done and ready for spot PL! They probably sound a bit clunky, but this was an experiment, so not to worry. It was fun to do and got me into a few interesting conversations on the way!
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

Hi Anne,

I have uploaded 5 jpgs for you to choose from, named excursion_01.jpg, etc.

02 is nice apart from the telephone cables. I also like 05 because it has my recorder hidden in it :)

All the best,

Phil
Newgatenovelist

All PL OK and ready to go to the catalogue!

The corrections don't sound as clunky as you think. Really! And I would like to say again how much I enjoyed listening to this roaming recording. Working with you generally and in on this project in particular has been very helpful for my own recording and stopping me getting so bogged down in the details and on just pushing on to the next exciting book. So thank you.
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

Well, thanks for the encouragement! :clap: I think this is my 50th solo in the catalogue, so it was nice to do something a bit different.

John Gay's Trivia will be up next. It is quite short and already recorded.
Newgatenovelist wrote: June 5th, 2018, 5:00 am All PL OK and ready to go to the catalogue!

The corrections don't sound as clunky as you think. Really! And I would like to say again how much I enjoyed listening to this roaming recording. Working with you generally and in on this project in particular has been very helpful for my own recording and stopping me getting so bogged down in the details and on just pushing on to the next exciting book. So thank you.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'll start the wheels rolling , and please can I MC "trivia"

Anne
Newgatenovelist

Yes, I would like to sign up too! Bring it on, baby!
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

Yes, I'm banking on you, it was your idea! Setting it up now
annise wrote: June 5th, 2018, 6:29 pm I'll start the wheels rolling , and please can I MC "trivia"

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Normal service is now resumed - all done .

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project: https://librivox.org/excursion-lakes-westmoreland-cumberland-by-william-hutchinson/

Thank you both

Anne
Newgatenovelist

Congrats, Phil! Also, Anne, that is a cool cover. Phil, your photos are atmospheric but it looks jolly cold.
eggs4ears

Post by eggs4ears »

Thanks, Anne and Erin! I love that you got all four pictures on the cover, including the recorder! :9: :9:

Over to John Gay...
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I started off trying to pick one but when I tried 4 I felt it looked a bit like a postcard and that seemed appropiate :D .
Glad you both liked it

Anne