COMPLETE[PLAY]At The Sign Of The Greedy Pig by Charles Brooks - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: August 21st, 2018, 10:28 am And now Act 2 is also assembled. I just need to groom the acts and figure out the dramatis personnae and this will be ready for final PL. Maybe today, maybe tomorrow....
looking forward to that. :9: I had pondered a bit about the tricky cast list, and thought, maybe arrange them as they are having interactions together in the play:

1. The beggars: Twist / Whimp / Blat / Squeak
2. The love triangle: Ballad Monger / Mistress Trencher / Syndic of the University
3. The "learned" people: Surgeon / Student / Bombastes / Jules
4. The working people: Watchman / Apple Woman / Yank, the hangman / Bell-Ringer
5. The Crowd: A Girl / An Old Woman / Another Old Woman / A third old Woman / An old Man / A Voice in the Crowd
6. Stage directions

Just as a suggestion :) I hope I didn't forget anybody

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: August 21st, 2018, 12:45 pm
ToddHW wrote: August 21st, 2018, 10:28 am And now Act 2 is also assembled. I just need to groom the acts and figure out the dramatis personnae and this will be ready for final PL. Maybe today, maybe tomorrow....
looking forward to that. :9: I had pondered a bit about the tricky cast list, and thought, maybe arrange them as they are having interactions together in the play:

1. The beggars: Twist / Whimp / Blat / Squeak
2. The love triangle: Ballad Monger / Mistress Trencher / Syndic of the University
3. The "learned" people: Surgeon / Student / Bombastes / Jules
4. The working people: Watchman / Apple Woman / Yank, the hangman / Bell-Ringer
5. The Crowd: A Girl / An Old Woman / Another Old Woman / A third old Woman / An old Man / A Voice in the Crowd
6. Stage directions

Just as a suggestion :) I hope I didn't forget anybody

Sonia
Great idea. (Normally an author makes a list of characters - here there was nothing in the script.)

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 1 ready for Final PL. Working on Act 2.

You all sound great together!

Thanks, Todd
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

(Want to quickly point out that the file name is incorrect --- our pig is greedy rather than greasy :lol: )
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: August 24th, 2018, 7:16 pm (Want to quickly point out that the file name is incorrect --- our pig is greedy rather than greasy :lol: )
you know I repeatedly made this mistake as well. Greasy sounds much more natural for a pig than greedy :mrgreen:

Todd, looking forward to this :9: over one hour :shock: luckily we managed it all in one file. I guess it was the extensive narrator file that ran up the minutes this time :lol:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Whoops. Greedy it shall become.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: August 25th, 2018, 3:52 am Whoops. Greedy it shall become.
you want me to change it in the folder ? Then you don't have to re-upload
nevermind, I see my offer comes too late.

I'll download with the new filename before I PL

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Too late. I just re-uploaded with the correct names. (I knew there was some way to change the names, but I did not know how to do that.)

You can now listen to the non-greasy file - though I do guarantee it is the same as the previous greasy if you were already listening....

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: August 25th, 2018, 4:00 amToo late. I just re-uploaded with the correct names. (I knew there was some way to change the names, but I did not know how to do that.)
yes I managed to get acquainted with that program and I can change the file names. So if ever you need anything changed, just ask. :) It's less work than reuploading, especially such long files. less strain on the server too probably.
You can now listen to the non-greasy file - though I do guarantee it is the same as the previous greasy if you were already listening....
:lol: no I haven't started.

I need to leave to do some shopping now but will try to listen in the evening. Looking forward to this

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

And Act 2 is also ready for Final PL.

Enjoy.

Thanks to all of you for lending your great voices!

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: August 25th, 2018, 5:20 amThanks to all of you for lending your great voices!
I can totally agree with this !! :9: the last two hours have been highly enjoyable while I was listening to the entire play front to back. I didn't even want to stop in between to write a review, so here's the two-in-one deal.

Everybody was wonderful in their unique performance. I pictured you all in colourful medieval garb or rags (if you were beggars) and the whole scene played before my eyes. Each dialogue partners sounded wonderful together as if they had practiced together. Alan and Todd turned the whole thing in a wonderful musical with their lively tunes. :clap: The beggars were excellent in their constant whining :lol: Mistress Trencher was sweet and hard-hearted at the same time. And our villains...the learned doctors, their helpers and the syndic, were excellent in bringing some nasty scheming into the plot. And all the crowd people made the small interlude gossips highly entertaining too.

And all of it brilliantly edited together by Todd. I especially loved the beggar mayhem at the end when they all whine merrily together. :thumbs:

And once again, our frightful comedy comes to an end. Thanks to all our readers who made this so special. I noticed you all had fun doing your characters. It's such a pity this guy didn't write any other plays. I would be totally up for yet another one. Well I at least have the consolation that this will not be the last time I get to listen to each of you. :9:

Anyway: both acts are PL ok and ready to archive. Highly recommendable to listen to. :)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Sonia did not mention her wonderful narration.

Cataloging now.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: August 25th, 2018, 11:15 am Sonia did not mention her wonderful narration.
oh yes, right, I forgot the narration, thank you, Todd :oops: Wow me, too :mrgreen:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

This project is complete. Audio files may be found in our catalog at: https://librivox.org/at-the-sign-of-the-greedy-pig-by-charles-s-brooks/

Thanks, Todd