COMPLETE[PLAY]At The Sign Of The Greedy Pig by Charles Brooks - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: June 19th, 2018, 2:53 pm I would love to claim the First Old Woman in sections 1 & 2.
thank you, April ! So cool 8-) I'll sign you up.

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

:thumbs:
Kitty wrote: June 19th, 2018, 11:28 pm
adr6090 wrote: June 19th, 2018, 2:53 pm I would love to claim the First Old Woman in sections 1 & 2.
thank you, April ! So cool 8-) I'll sign you up.

Sonia
April
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Alan ! Just updating MW for now, will probably PL tomorrow though.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: June 21st, 2018, 9:52 amWatchman
wonderful job, Alan. I could imagine the watchman has a second job as hangman in the afternoon ;) but this one seems much nicer. 8-) I like the tune :thumbs:

I had to grin because the things he says and does uncannily remind me of the Watch duties in some of Pratchett's books. :lol: Nobby would have entered that open window. :mrgreen: (ok if you don't know Pratchett you have no idea what I'm talking about :? )

PL ok in any case. A pity he didn't have a bigger role.

Thanks !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

So how about finding the public domain ancestor to Pratchett? If there is one. I’d run all those in a minute!

Going dark for a few days in 3 - 2 - 1 -

Thanks, Todd
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Thanks Sonia

Never actually read a Pratchet book but know a bit about them from other people. I did not think of what I did as a tune, just a man grumbling to himself.
Alan
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: June 22nd, 2018, 2:24 amSo how about finding the public domain ancestor to Pratchett? If there is one. I’d run all those in a minute!
ha ! a girl can dream :9: unfortunately I'll not be there anymore when Pratchett himself comes into PD. :(
Going dark for a few days in 3 - 2 - 1 -
good luck with the move !!!! Come back soon.
alanmapstone wrote:Never actually read a Pratchet book but know a bit about them from other people. I did not think of what I did as a tune, just a man grumbling to himself.
well in that case you are grumbling very melodiously :lol:

Pratchett's Watch series (about the policeforce) are absolutely great. Love them ! :9:

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

ToddHW wrote: June 22nd, 2018, 2:24 am So how about finding the public domain ancestor to Pratchett? If there is one. I’d run all those in a minute!
I suppose the obvious PD ancestors of Pratchett would be Jules Verne or Jonathan Swift. Did they write plays?
Alan
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'll play Trencher, please! :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: June 29th, 2018, 8:40 am I'll play Trencher, please! :D
yay finally we have our leading lady :9: Thank you, Devorah, I'm sure you can play a believable flirty woman. :mrgreen: Looking forward to this. And don't be too hard on the Ballad Monger. He really loves you, you know.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

alanmapstone wrote: June 22nd, 2018, 3:29 am
ToddHW wrote: June 22nd, 2018, 2:24 am So how about finding the public domain ancestor to Pratchett? If there is one. I’d run all those in a minute!
I suppose the obvious PD ancestors of Pratchett would be Jules Verne or Jonathan Swift. Did they write plays?
Verne wrote plays but they weren't translated from the French until a couple years ago. I'll have to check on Swift....

Thanks, Todd
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: July 8th, 2018, 9:18 am https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/signofthegreedypig_anoldwoman_01_128kbps.mp3 time 0:18
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/signofthegreedypig_anoldwoman_02_128kbps.mp3 time 00:46
Good morning,
Here are two files that I have claimed.
April
8-) wonderful, April, you play the part of a gossipy biddy quite well :thumbs: especially in the second act you are really getting into to game when you are cheated out of a hanging (how macabre :shock: )

Act 2 is already PL ok, even though your voice credit is not the correct one, you are "An old Woman", not "Another old Woman", this part is read by another reader. But that's ok, Todd can simply ignore this voice credit, since there will be the correct one in the first act. No need to reupload.

for Act 1, I have some PL notes though:

> at 0:01: for the voice credit, could you please say it like it was in the MW ? "An old Woman, read by April..."

> at about 0:08: you missed some lines for "an old woman" which you also have to read:

on p. 171:
> "Is it said what the miracle will be ?"
> "God's mercy !"
> "That I should live to see this day !"

on p. 172:
> "What ? Whimp ?"

thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

oh and while looking through the text to find lines for the old woman, I also stumbled over a third woman, and two men who have a short speech on page 206 :? I'll put those characters in the MW as well... or maybe that's what you meant by First and Second Villager :hmm: I guess they can be doubled by some readers though. Basically they are only some female or male people in the crowd.

Sonia