Hello. I would like to be Squeak.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
catharmaiden

Post by catharmaiden »

Here's the squeaky beggar. I'm not sure he should talk in the scene where all three beggars all speak simultaneously as he's still in character there. Nevertheless I recorded it if you want to use parts of it and I also recorded some pitiful throaty dumb-beggar noises which could be inserted there or elsewhere. I had fun doing the little rat.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/signofthegreedypig_squeak_1.mp3 (0:44)
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/signofthegreedypig_squeak_2.mp3 (1:46)

Sandra
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

catharmaiden wrote: August 12th, 2018, 5:30 amHere's the squeaky beggar. I'm not sure he should talk in the scene where all three beggars all speak simultaneously as he's still in character there. Nevertheless I recorded it if you want to use parts of it and I also recorded some pitiful throaty dumb-beggar noises which could be inserted there or elsewhere. I had fun doing the little rat.
:lol: this one is awesomely well acted out, Sandra. :thumbs: Especially the really squeaky "ME !?" near the end of Act 2, totally lives up to Squeak's name. But also the mumbling and ranting about having to work was cool. A pity he didn't have that much to say in Act 1. I'm not sure if he will participate in the Hurray speech at the end, but it's good that you included the line, so Todd can choose.

I agree with your view, in the first appearance of the "three beggars, confusedly" it might be that he didn't yet speak. Which would be a pity though, because you delivered those lines especially well :9: Although one could also say that he spoke a few lines because he was confused at being found out by Bombastes. Your "throaty" groans could well be used in the first appearance of the beggars though, and sometimes in between, it would be normal that Squeak is groaning a bit there, when the others do their moaning.

Todd: I just noticed in this speech, probably it's not meant for the three beggars to say every sentence, but more that one says one thing and the other another sentence. Especially this "succour the blind" line, it would make sense that only Nemo (Whimp) would say this line, as he is the blind man and not the other two. Maybe it sounds more like mayhem, if you jumble this a bit with your usual bravado.

Squeak PL ok. Thanks so much for helping out. :D

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 1 assembled. You all sound great!

Thanks, Todd
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Hello,

Signing in for Jules. Thanks!
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

tovarisch wrote: August 14th, 2018, 7:17 am Signing in for Jules. Thanks!
yay :9: yay :9: yay :9: !

thank you, I'm looking forward to this :D

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

tovarisch wrote: August 14th, 2018, 7:17 am Hello,

Signing in for Jules. Thanks!
Jules! Bring me my cloak! And please, try not to sound more manly than me, because... after all, I am "the man"!
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

I would like the role of: A third old Woman, Act 2

Thanks!
~Angelique
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/signofthegreedypig_thirdoldwoman_2_128kb.mp3 ... :14

And thus I learned ... again ... *Normalize Files!*
*laugh*
~Angelique
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

BurgundyGrace wrote: August 14th, 2018, 3:19 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/signofthegreedypig_thirdoldwoman_2_128kb.mp3 ... :14
And thus I learned ... again ... *Normalize Files!*
*laugh*
hey Angelique !!!! thanks for joining the troupe and helping out here. This is your debut in drama if I'm not mistaken.

Concerning your "old woman": nicely played out, she sounds a bit spiteful, but I guess that was the point of the role :lol: All PL ok and thanks for the quick turn-around.

Only one suggestion, but you don't need to change it for this file ! No reupload needed. Only: in drama, there is this special instruction to leave some 2 or 3 seconds of silence between each "chunk of speech". This is to make it easier for our editor to copy out the several bits from each of our files and paste them in a masterfile. So leaving enough space makes this task easier.

But you left some space, so all is well here. I usually leave 2 full seconds in my files, which is amply enough. :)

Great first job, and hopefully more to come. In case you're hooked now, there are plenty more where you can help out :mrgreen:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: August 14th, 2018, 12:24 pm Jules! Bring me my cloak! And please, try not to sound more manly than me, because... after all, I am "the man"!
:lol: now don't scare off our Jules with your "bombastic" wishes, TJ :mrgreen:

Sonia
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Thank ya, Ms. Kitty!
I will remember that for next time (especially if I check my notes!)
Before any bigger projects (or even any smaller), I'll delve into the drama files, too, to see what else I can learn. :wink:

Sounds fun!
~Angelique
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

BurgundyGrace wrote: August 14th, 2018, 3:34 pm Before any bigger projects (or even any smaller), I'll delve into the drama files, too, to see what else I can learn. :wink:

Sounds fun!
:thumbs: I'm sure it won't be the last I'm hearing from you. :)

Sonia
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

That's a safe bet, My Dear. *GRIN*
~Angelique