COMPLETE [Fortnightly Poetry] Stanzas Written In His Library by Robert Southey - dl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

msfry wrote: May 9th, 2018, 7:46 pm
philchenevert wrote: May 8th, 2018, 7:01 pm EDIT: the volume is a bit low but over 86 db so I left it there.

I think I picked up from the grapevine that during cataloguing, the overall volume of each file is automatically adjusted either up or down to approximate 89dB. Can you or another Admin confirm that?
It's been my experience that shorter files (like Weekly poetry) do not get amplified during cataloging, but louder files get lowered, go figure. :)
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
PatrickLondon

Post by PatrickLondon »

"Too literate to be spam" - another forum moderator on one of my posts! | http://www.autolycus-london.blogspot.com
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

Hello Michele,

Mine is 1.42. It's a nice choice for the volunteers here!
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/hislibrary_southey_el_128kb.mp3
Erin
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thank you, Patrick and Erin. Your expressive renderings are both PL OK. :D
pschempf

Post by pschempf »

Thank you for the poem, Michele -

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/hislibrary_southey_ps_128kb.mp3
Track length: 1:15
Fritz

"A small daily task, if it be really daily, will beat the labors of a spasmodic Hercules."

Trollope
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks Fritz. Your contribution is PL OK. :thumbs:
Foon

Post by Foon »

Hi!

It's my very first post here, I just joined, first reading so I'm super nervous, but here goes! :3

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/hislibrary_southey_fh_128kb.mp3 1:17
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
msfry

Post by msfry »

Foon wrote: May 11th, 2018, 11:31 am Hi!

It's my very first post here, I just joined, first reading so I'm super nervous, but here goes! :3

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/hislibrary_southey_fh_128kb.mp3 1:17
Hi, Foon. Excellent first attempt. Your settings all check out as to: Mono, 44,100 hz, 128kbps, and file name. There are two issues to deal with.
1. Your volume is at 81.6. We shoot for 89, so you should amplify this file by 7.4, and probably boost your gain on your mike or increase the Volume settings on your recording software.
2. We require 5 seconds of silence at the end of each file (you have 1 second).
3. Before I can list you in our catalog, I will need you to choose a Catalog Name that you want to appear in our Catalog of completed projects. This can be your Real Name, your username, or anything else you'd like to be searchable by. I use Michele Fry in the catalog so my friends and family can easily find me, and msfry as my username. It's your choice, but once chosen, can't be changed on catalogued material.

Edit your file to comply with 1 and 2, upload it again keeping the same file name, and post notice here. I'll spot proof for the two edits, then you'll have completed your first contribution to Librivox. Good job, too. :thumbs:

Now it would be good for you to go over to the New Here Introduce Yourself forum so more people can get to know you quickly and submit your 1-Minute Test for an OK, per your Welcome Letter, so all our Book Coordinators will know you're ready to rock and roll.
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thank you Michele!

I amplified the volume as you asked (by 7.4 dB), and for next time I'll figure out how to improve the recording. I also extended the silence at the end, completely forgot about that, whoops. (New duration: 1:21)

I generally just go by Foon, I don't need to be listed with my real name, so I'm happy for anything to get catalogued under that name.

Thanks again! :D

Edit: And thanks for pointing me towards the 1 minute test and new member board again, I'm a bit scatterbrained so it's much apprec' ;)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
msfry

Post by msfry »

Alright, Foon. Your contribution is PL OK, you are in the catalog as Foon, and you get a daisy for following all directions just right!
CoMo290

Post by CoMo290 »

The Process Is Everything
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks for joining in, Corey. Your poem is PL OK :thumbs:
brucek

Post by brucek »

Hi Michele, here's mine; duration 1:49

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/hislibrary_southey_bk_128kb.mp3

~~~~~
Bruce.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, Bruce. It almost sounds like song lyrics when you read it! And that's another PL OK :thumbs:
Jude1972

Post by Jude1972 »