Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

NishthaRocks wrote: June 13th, 2018, 5:14 am 24 minutes 22 seconds
Thank you
Win2017

Post by Win2017 »

Sorry I've been a bit busy. I have some notes for Chapter 6 Castle Wonderful.

I was wondering if perhaps you uploaded an unedited version as I found too many mistakes in the first 3 minutes to correct.

For instance 'Mrs Harris' was mostly pronounced wrongly as 'Miss Harris'. And I think 'Aunt Lou' is supposed to be pronounced "Loo"(rhymes with 'shoe'). I cannot list them all so I thought maybe something went wrong with your editing.

Just let me know if you have any questions :D
Hope Kuerschner

It is not the will of God that in this life we should be sinless, Lest we should find a perfection apart from forgiveness. P.T Forsyth
Theologians have done more to hide the gospel of Christ than any of its adversaries. GM
rootz

Post by rootz »

I'd love to take 7, if it's still available. This looks like a fun book!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

rootz wrote: June 23rd, 2018, 12:01 am I'd love to take 7, if it's still available. This looks like a fun book!
Thank you for claiming
AliceJane

Post by AliceJane »

I've finished recording and editing chapter 11 and went to run it through the Checker program, but my computer is telling me the Checker program I have installed is now "vintage". Is there a new version, or do I really need to install a version of Flash Player that is compatible with the old Checker?

thanks,
AliceJane
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

AliceJane wrote: July 12th, 2018, 7:10 pm I've finished recording and editing chapter 11 and went to run it through the Checker program, but my computer is telling me the Checker program I have installed is now "vintage". Is there a new version, or do I really need to install a version of Flash Player that is compatible with the old Checker?

thanks,
AliceJane
I am seeking advice from those more technically savvy.

Edit: the question has been referred to the developer.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Lynnet wrote: July 13th, 2018, 8:49 am
AliceJane wrote: July 12th, 2018, 7:10 pm I've finished recording and editing chapter 11 and went to run it through the Checker program, but my computer is telling me the Checker program I have installed is now "vintage". Is there a new version, or do I really need to install a version of Flash Player that is compatible with the old Checker?

thanks,
AliceJane
I am seeking advice from those more technically savvy.

Edit: the question has been referred to the developer.
I received this response:
I'm sorry to be so slow in getting back to you. Chris says Checker doesn't require Flash. It does use Java, but should be OK with newer versions of Java. Do you have any more info? (what operating system? etc.)

FYI, not everyone uses Checker... you can upload without running your file through it and I can do it for you if that would be easier.
rootz

Post by rootz »

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

rootz wrote: July 17th, 2018, 2:41 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/littlequeenofhearts_07_ogden_128kb.mp3 - 23:28

Chapter 7, read by R. R. Oldja
Thank you
AliceJane

Post by AliceJane »

With regard to the Checker question, the message I'm getting says:
To open "checker" you need to install the legacy Java SE6 runtime

I can submit my recording without running it through Checker, although I'd like to use Checker in the future. I'm using a Mac with OS High Sierra 10.13.6. If I have to install the legacy Java, I'll do it. I just want to make sure it's necessary.

Thanks for your feedback,
AliceJane
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

AliceJane wrote: July 19th, 2018, 7:10 pm With regard to the Checker question, the message I'm getting says:

I can submit my recording without running it through Checker, although I'd like to use Checker in the future. I'm using a Mac with OS High Sierra 10.13.6. If I have to install the legacy Java, I'll do it. I just want to make sure it's necessary.

AliceJane
The developer is the husband of one of our admins here... you can contact her via pm at smijen. She is Sarah, her husband is Chris. I’m sorry tech questions are beyond my pay scale (as in, I have no clue,)
AliceJane

Post by AliceJane »

Lynnet wrote: July 19th, 2018, 8:42 pm
AliceJane wrote: July 19th, 2018, 7:10 pm With regard to the Checker question, the message I'm getting says:

AliceJane
The developer is the husband of one of our admins here... you can contact her via pm at smijen. She is Sarah, her husband is Chris. I’m sorry tech questions are beyond my pay scale (as in, I have no clue,)
Thanks for working with me! I'll see what we can figure out.
AliceJane
AnnikeLindhout

Post by AnnikeLindhout »

Hi,

I initially signed up for section 3 but I noticed that I had been put down for section 8, Something of a Scrape.

I ended up recording section 8 and have attached it below but since, I noticed my claim was taken down.

I have attached Something of a Scrape (Section 8) below and if no one else has claimed it since I am happy to have it proof listened.

However, if it has already been claimed or anything of the sort that's perfectly okay too.

Let me know if you'd like me to record section 3 as well which I initially signed up for, I'm happy to do it if you need any help.

Sorry for any confusion. Thanks!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/littlequeenofhearts_08_ogden_128kb.mp3

Duration: 18:46
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

AnnikeLindhout wrote: July 24th, 2018, 1:42 am Hi,

I initially signed up for section 3 but I noticed that I had been put down for section 8, Something of a Scrape.

I ended up recording section 8 and have attached it below but since, I noticed my claim was taken down.

I have attached Something of a Scrape (Section 8) below and if no one else has claimed it since I am happy to have it proof listened.

However, if it has already been claimed or anything of the sort that's perfectly okay too.

Let me know if you'd like me to record section 3 as well which I initially signed up for, I'm happy to do it if you need any help.

Sorry for any confusion. Thanks!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/littlequeenofhearts_08_ogden_128kb.mp3

Duration: 18:46
I apologize for my initial error. Chapter 3 is still available if you want it :wink:

Your claim was taken down as I had not heard from you in over two months... different BCs have their own routines, but the standard is to allow that length of time. If you know you need longer -- say you get sick or have houseguests, or get very busy at work -- you can ask for an extension but it is best to do this within the two month period. Here, as no one else had claimed chapter 8, all is well :thumbs:
AnnikeLindhout

Post by AnnikeLindhout »

I'm so sorry about the wait.

I will happily do section 3 and I promise to have it in before the deadline!

Thanks,
Annike