COMPLETE! A Vanished Hand by Sarah Doudney - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Wow. Huge thanks.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
schrm

Post by schrm »

cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
jenno

Post by jenno »

I am very sorry to have to tell you that I must ask that you take back the sections I had claimed - that is section 11,12, 13.

Have had major computer difficulties which will not get fixed until early in June when I go away and can give the PC to my computer guru to fix. I will not be back until mod July so cannot, in all honesty say that I will get the recordings done within the 2 months. So I will be in touch in July - with hopefully more requests for recordings to be allocated.

Cheers

Jennifer
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sorry to hear that but thanks for letting me know.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
schrm

Post by schrm »

hi all,

chapter 11, 12 and 13 are available again!

cheers,
schrm
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
jenno

Post by jenno »

I seem to be in business again - rather through trial and error than good management. May I claim those sections back please. That is 11,12, and 13.

Jennifer
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Of course. They are all yours.
schrm

Post by schrm »

hi all,

reassigned 11, 12 and 13 for jennifer :-)

cheers,
schrm
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
jenno

Post by jenno »

Here is section 11.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/vanishedhand_11_doudney_128kb.mp3.mp3

duration 13.11

I have had immense difficulty with saving this file correctly. The new version of audacity which I have only just discovered! takes a bit of getting used to . I apologise if there are mistakes in the uploading process. Please let me know all is well before i attempt more recordings !. Frustrating for me and you.

Cheers

Jennifer

Not usre where the extra mp3 suffix came from. Does it pose a problem. If so I can re-upload after I have changed the name of the file .
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

It works for me, don't worry. Just to note there are two .mp3 at the end of the file name. I don't knor if it matters, but I wanted to tell you.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Usually the double mp3 comes because it's included in the title by the reader and then Audacity also appends it automatically when exporting to mp3. So, in Audacity you don't need to use .mp3 in the title when exporting; Audacity will put it there!

Don't worry about it now, if everything else is fine with the recording, I can rename at cataloguing. If there are PL notes and you reupload anyway, you can reupload with the correct filename.
jenno

Post by jenno »

I do not seem able - in the latest version of Audacity - to set the bit rate to 128kb.
When I used Checker on my most recent recording it told me the bit rate was incorrect but I do see how I can vary it. Can anyone help please.

Jennifer
jenno

Post by jenno »

Here is chapter 13

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/vanishedhand_13_doudney_128kb.mp3

duration 13.01.

I seem to have solved the bit rate problem ! I think that I will need to reload chapter 11 as that was the one I was having problems with. I will wait for the PL notes

Cheers

Jennifer
schrm

Post by schrm »

jenno wrote: May 18th, 2018, 12:33 am Here is chapter 13

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/vanishedhand_13_doudney_128kb.mp3

duration 13.01.

I seem to have solved the bit rate problem ! I think that I will need to reload chapter 11 as that was the one I was having problems with. I will wait for the PL notes

Cheers

Jennifer
hi jennifer,

edit: sorry, too late! i will pl your versions and please ignore my post, meanwhile!

sure, thats my duty :-)

sorry im a worker and sleep a little bit long..other hours..

our wiki entry 123 audacity (click me) got updated already, also i can upload this screenshot of my audacity - but im using linux, dont know if it is the same look for your "export" window!
you can click this to open the screenshot in another tab:

1 upper right corner: select mp3
2 select constant
3 right below that click on the little arrow down symbol - popuplist select 128 kb
4 select: joint stereo
6 (wrong number, sorry) force export to mono - set checkmark
7 save a file to save settings

i hope that helps!

cheers,
schrm
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275