COMPLETE! A Vanished Hand by Sarah Doudney - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
schrm

Post by schrm »

miss stav wrote: May 24th, 2018, 9:26 pm I did not interfear before because I considered what to say. I want to validate both of you so I will put it this way:
... But I want to make sure this is a mutual decision.
Stav.
yes, i was feeling the same...

jennifer: i hope for sure, that you didnt get frustrated jennifer and didnt dislike my feedback.
also, i didnt know, that other pl's wouldnt remark it?

anyways: i apologize for any inconveniences and just hope, i didnt frustrate you jennifer!
it is more like: if you read a solo, i would be happy, to be the dpl for you.
and that is despite me lacking english skills...

i will pl your other contributions today in the evening, as alyways - and thank you for your fast contributions!

also, i apologize to you, stav:
i didnt want to provoke more work onto you, while you are giving me the chance of my guided, first pl in english.

cheers
schrm
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi SCHRM,
I am fine, no need to apologise to me. I, as a bc, felt bad because I didn't make sure everybody else is on board with everything. As I already told you, other dpls might not report on a few things. I don't write what because I insist that you develop your own style as dpl and if that includes reporting these things, some might like it and some not. I am sure there were people who thought I am a lax and slow dpl who pass things others don't. By the way, this is why I stopped pling. I saw I am slow and didn't like it. So I am fine. I just want to make sure everyone is on board. Thinking about it today, if I were you, I would have written something like:
"I have a few small points to rase, but it is totally up to you to fix. The chapter is ok according to librivox standards anyhow" and then proceeded. I would have done that for 14, the second round, and 15. As I told you, the fact you give a lot of feedback means that you care and that you are dedicated.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Wow, Jeniffer, you are so fast. I saw all your posts just now. You are amazing.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
schrm

Post by schrm »

hi all,

chapters 14, 17, 18, 19 are pl ok!

cheers,
schrm
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
jenno

Post by jenno »

Hi there Miss Stav and Schrm

I am always happy to receive what I consider is constructive criticism for my readings. Having listened to a lot of audio book readings from a great variety of readers - I have come to the realisation that there is no single "correct" way of reading.

We all develop our own style and way of dealing with dialogue, pronunciation etc. That is part of the charm of Librivox.

I am a perfectionist too and any small error that the PL can pick up - i am more than pleased to put right before the reading is complete.

So please do not feel that I have been frustrated by your remarks - in the end we are all trying to produce a polished "easy to listen" production which will bring pleasure to the listeners.
I consider it a privilege to participate in this adventure.

Cheers

Jennifer

PS I should tell you that I am going away for a few weeks so will not be "on the air" until the middle of July
schrm

Post by schrm »

jenno wrote: May 25th, 2018, 6:35 pm Hi there Miss Stav and Schrm

I consider it a privilege to participate in this adventure.

Cheers

Jennifer

PS I should tell you that I am going away for a few weeks so will not be "on the air" until the middle of July
thank you for your feedback jennifer!

and i hope and wish you have some really good weeks coming!

cheers,
schrm
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi everyone,
chapters 3, 5 and 6 has been orphaned. These are new readers and I have not seen them around at all since they claimed the sections. So I allow myself to orphan them and not hold of the project. I pmed Magz about 4 and will pm Jessie about 2. Will give both a week to respond.
As for chapter 1, I would mark it pl-ok because Magz is a new reader and needs encarragement. I see that she is no longer around and think she worked hard enough that I would overlook the errors. SCHRM, please don't take it personaly. I usualy do that with new readers in their first recordings if they are not around to fix them for a while and I feel this would be discarraging, unless technical stuff is involved in which case I don't give up. I spasificly remember that in my second BC project, ten years ago, I fought with everybody to keep a recording of a new reader who worked really hard even though it did not perfectly match standards and absulutly refused to open it up in egknowledgement of her work. So please don't be afended by me. I just mark it pl-ok in the mw.
schrm

Post by schrm »

miss stav wrote: June 23rd, 2018, 2:08 am Hi everyone,
chapters 3, 5 and 6 has been orphaned. These are new readers and I have not seen them around at all since they claimed the sections. So I allow myself to orphan them and not hold of the project. I pmed Magz about 4 and will pm Jessie about 2. Will give both a week to respond.
As for chapter 1, I would mark it pl-ok because Magz is a new reader and needs encarragement. I see that she is no longer around and think she worked hard enough that I would overlook the errors. SCHRM, please don't take it personaly. I usualy do that with new readers in their first recordings if they are not around to fix them for a while and I feel this would be discarraging, unless technical stuff is involved in which case I don't give up. I spasificly remember that in my second BC project, ten years ago, I fought with everybody to keep a recording of a new reader who worked really hard even though it did not perfectly match standards and absulutly refused to open it up in egknowledgement of her work. So please don't be afended by me. I just mark it pl-ok in the mw.
hi stav,

im totally fine with that procedure!
(if it were only technical aspects, i could edit the files and upload them.)
so, as magz contribution is technically ok, this is the best solution!

cheers,
schrm
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Schrm,
thanks. I do hope you were not afended. About two... I understand from your comments it is unuseable as is because of the beat rate? Is that right?
Stav.
schrm

Post by schrm »

hi stav,

yes, 2 has wrong specs and only 2 seconds ending silence.
but the silence is easy to add without messing around with the recording, and the other specs are corrected with a "download - save file anew - upload" 20 seconds step.
so, if jessiey doesnt want/can/whatever, i will edit it - when you (agree to accept the wrong order of the outro and) give me the "do it!" command.
:D

cheers,
schrm
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
schrm

Post by schrm »

just to add: the wrong order of the intro or outro could be corrected with a cut and paste, i think.
but i will have to listen to it again to see if the result is ok.

cheers,
schrm
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

If the only problem would be the wrong order of the intro, then I would leave it at that. I wanted her to fix it because she should fix other things too. But if you can fix the rest, I would not insist upon it. Let's wait for next week to see.
RhiannonD

Post by RhiannonD »

Hello,
I was originally on for chapter 3 and would just like to apologize for not completing the recording or posting an update. I completely understand giving this to another reader. I am sorry to hold up this project and for kinda disappearing after my initial post. Thanks everyone!
miss stav wrote: June 23rd, 2018, 2:08 am Hi everyone,
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi,
if you promice to submit chapter 3 in two weeks, I would love to give it back to you.
Stav.
JuliaMikheeva

Post by JuliaMikheeva »

Hello! If you do not mind I would read chapters 3, 5 and 6