(Complete) Stories of Symphonic Music by Lawrence Gilman - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Thank you :)
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

neddieseagoon wrote: September 17th, 2018, 11:04 pm Thanks for the kind words. Here is chapter 22. I hope you enjoy it, although I fear the subject matter (particularly that of La Mort de Tintagiles) is not nearly so inspiring:
I enjoyed your reading and agree to your opinion of the subject matter. La mort de Titangiles was really scary :shock:

There is only one thing which troubles me a bit: you read one footnote, 91, but only the half of it. As I feel it is interesting, we could leave it in (and maybe complete it?), as you didn't read the other ones, we could just cut it out. What to do here, Lynnet?

I'd mark it ok if I knew what to do about the footnote; the rest is read wonderfully :9:
neddieseagoon

Post by neddieseagoon »

moniaqua wrote: September 19th, 2018, 11:07 am I enjoyed your reading and agree to your opinion of the subject matter. La mort de Titangiles was really scary :shock:

There is only one thing which troubles me a bit: you read one footnote, 91, but only the half of it. As I feel it is interesting, we could leave it in (and maybe complete it?), as you didn't read the other ones, we could just cut it out. What to do here, Lynnet?

I'd mark it ok if I knew what to do about the footnote; the rest is read wonderfully :9:
Just for reference, my decision to read only part of that footnote (and only that footnote) was based on this, from the instructions at the top of the thread:
Please ignore footnotes with simple references; please include those with interesting information (reader's discretion as to what is 'interesting'!).
It seemed to me that it would be of interest to the listener to know what a viola d'amore is, so I chose to include the part of the footnote that explained it -- but the rest of the footnote, which goes into (IMHO) excessive and irrelevant detail about another use of the viola d'amore by an obscure composer who isn't even mentioned elsewhere in Gilman's book, seemed to me both boring and unedifying, so I chose to leave it out. I think that's a defensible decision.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I'm happy to go along with the reader's judgment.
neddieseagoon

Post by neddieseagoon »

moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Lynnet wrote: September 19th, 2018, 2:55 pm I'm happy to go along with the reader's judgment.
So I am happy to mark the file PL ok :)
neddieseagoon wrote: September 19th, 2018, 9:14 pm Chapter 20, d'Indy:
neddieseagoon

Post by neddieseagoon »

moniaqua wrote: September 19th, 2018, 10:45 pm
Lynnet wrote: September 19th, 2018, 2:55 pm I'm happy to go along with the reader's judgment.
Actually,. could you ignore this upload? I just discovered a minor mispronunciation. It's not a big deal and it's probably not something anyone else (without a more extensive classical education than mine) would ever notice, but I'd like to try fixing it. If I can't do it in a seamless way (without re-recording the whole darn thing), I'll let you know and you can give the original version a listen. Thanks.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

neddieseagoon wrote: September 20th, 2018, 7:37 am
moniaqua wrote: September 19th, 2018, 10:45 pm
Actually,. could you ignore this upload? I just discovered a minor mispronunciation. It's not a big deal and it's probably not something anyone else (without a more extensive classical education than mine) would ever notice, but I'd like to try fixing it. If I can't do it in a seamless way (without re-recording the whole darn thing), I'll let you know and you can give the original version a listen. Thanks.
The version you have already uploaded will remain on the server (until I delete it). If you upload a new version, use the same file name and the old one will be renamed (basically, with a date stamp) and the link in the MW will lead to the new version. Just let Monika know when you are ready for her to take a listen.
neddieseagoon

Post by neddieseagoon »

Lynnet wrote: September 20th, 2018, 8:02 am The version you have already uploaded will remain on the server (until I delete it). If you upload a new version, use the same file name and the old one will be renamed (basically, with a date stamp) and the link in the MW will lead to the new version. Just let Monika know when you are ready for her to take a listen.
Okay, will do. I probably won't be able to get to it until late this evening, but I'll post back here when it's done. Thanks.
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

neddieseagoon wrote: September 20th, 2018, 7:37 am I just discovered a minor mispronunciation.
Must be really minor if even I who am kind of strict don't notice it ;) The file is marked PL ok :D
neddieseagoon

Post by neddieseagoon »

moniaqua wrote: September 20th, 2018, 12:40 pm
neddieseagoon wrote: September 20th, 2018, 7:37 am I just discovered a minor mispronunciation.
Must be really minor if even I who am kind of strict don't notice it ;) The file is marked PL ok :D
Hi Monika,

I've succumbed to temptation and re-recorded a few phrases and re-uploaded. The new timing is 11:27 (apparently I spoke a tiny bit slower today). The changed sections are as follows:

3:58 - 4:21 "The music opens quietly ... then the end."
4:41 - 4:45 "The original of which ... Sardanapalus."
6:03 - 6:09 "Mr. Apthorp has thus ... virtually is):"

Thanks.
neddieseagoon

Post by neddieseagoon »

moniaqua wrote: September 20th, 2018, 12:40 pm Must be really minor if even I who am kind of strict don't notice it ;) The file is marked PL ok :D
There's "kind of strict", and then there's me. :D
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Thank you
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

neddieseagoon wrote: September 20th, 2018, 8:23 pm I've succumbed to temptation and re-recorded a few phrases and re-uploaded.
Just to double-check - you only re-recorded those spots, not the whole thing? I spot checked the places.
Perfectly edited in and still PL OK ;)
silverquill wrote: September 21st, 2018, 7:04 pm CONVERSE:
Thank you :) I'll hopefully give it a listen later on this day.