(Complete) Stories of Symphonic Music by Lawrence Gilman - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
DJRickyV

Post by DJRickyV »

“Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few are to be chewed and digested.” - Francis Bacon
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

DJRickyV wrote: October 31st, 2018, 4:31 pm Section 25 is ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/storiesofsymphonicmusic_25_gilman_128kb.mp3

(16:30)
Thank you
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

And PL OK and wonderfully read :9:

That fitted perfectly for Halloween with "der wilden Jagd" (the wild huntsmen - I wasn't at all aware that Frau Holle is a witch :shock:, I alway imagined her as wise old woman, like a granny 8-)).

There are some word that I would pronounce differently, Joachim, Lachen, Zürich, der wilde Jäger und Venusberg, but I could understand them. If you like I'd provide you a file where I speak them, but it is understandable, so I marked the file ok.

Thank you :)

@Lynne, I hope the emergency isn't too bad. Take your time, we're fine here, I have a look at the thread :)
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

moniaqua wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 9:50 am

That fitted perfectly for Halloween with "der wilden Jagd" (the wild huntsmen - I wasn't at all aware that Frau Holle is a witch :shock:, I alway imagined her as wise old woman, like a granny 8-)).

There are some word that I would pronounce differently, Joachim, Lachen, Zürich, der wilde Jäger und Venusberg, but I could understand them. If you like I'd provide you a file where I speak them, but it is understandable, so I marked the file ok.

@Lynne, I hope the emergency isn't too bad. Take your time, we're fine here, I have a look at the thread :)
Thank you.
At the airport headed home. All seems fine-ish and getting better. Just hope there isn’t a relapse now I’ve left. I really don’t want to have to make a 3rd trip.
DJRickyV

Post by DJRickyV »

moniaqua wrote: November 3rd, 2018, 9:50 am

Thank you for checking! I would still like to listen to your file for future reference.

My wishes also for Lynne's emergency to be resolved.
“Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few are to be chewed and digested.” - Francis Bacon
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

DJRickyV wrote: November 4th, 2018, 7:31 am would still like to listen to your file for future reference
Ok then, quickly recorded :)

Joachim - Joachim Raff - Lachen - Zürich - Der wilde Jäger - Venusberg.

https://librivox.org/uploads/xx-nonproject/samples_joachim_etc.mp3
0:15

A Swiss might pronounce Lachen a bit differently :)

A good source for German words is https://dict.leo.org/englisch-deutsch/z%C3%BCrich
Mayah92

Post by Mayah92 »

Hi Monika,

Yes, she was quite a woman! But I think in those days it was natural for rich people to support artists, it was a kind of investment.

I PL corrected my section 35:

time 44min 57secs

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/storiesofsymphonicmusic_35_gilman_128kb.mp3

Bye
Let's give Peace a chance. :wink:
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Thank you Mayah. I hope that I will listen to it tomorrow; today I am just too tired.
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Section 35 spot checked PL ok :)
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

We have an orphan!
jmoorehouse

Post by jmoorehouse »

Hi--I've been off the site for a couple of years. I'd love to inch back in, and this looks like a good short project I could do. I could get it done by the end of November. Let me know! Jan
Jan M

"There is no surer foundation for a beautiful friendship than a mutual taste in literature."
--P.G. Wodehouse
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

jmoorehouse wrote: November 15th, 2018, 2:15 pm Hi--I've been off the site for a couple of years. I'd love to inch back in, and this looks like a good short project I could do. I could get it done by the end of November. Let me know! Jan
That would be great.
jmoorehouse

Post by jmoorehouse »

okay. I'll review the process to assure myself that I know how and will get to this ASAP after my Thanksgiving guests go home. It should be quick! Jan
Jan M

"There is no surer foundation for a beautiful friendship than a mutual taste in literature."
--P.G. Wodehouse
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

jmoorehouse

Post by jmoorehouse »

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/storiesofsymphonicmusic_24_gilman_128kb.mp3

Section 24--Posted and ready for a listen.

Greetings, Lynnet. I am filled with anxiety about the recording and the upload only because it's been so long since I've done one. This one is 19'25". I am standing by to make corrections to the upload as needed.

Jan
Jan M

--P.G. Wodehouse