[COMPLETE] Nevi’im (JPSA) 06: Joshua - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you! I’m overnight on a train but home tomorrow night. I’ll get you PLed on Sunday.
linny

Post by linny »

Scarlet576 wrote: May 25th, 2018, 6:57 am https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/holyscripturesjoshua_09_jpsa_128kb.mp3

Section 9 :-) FINALLY!! 11:30
Hi Scarlett,
Lovely work. Thank you. :thumbs:

9:44 stumble – (24:27) And Joshua said unto all the people: ‘Behold, this stone shall be a witness against us; for it hath heard all the words of the Lord which He spoke unto us; it shall be therefore a witness against you, lest ye deny your G_d.’

Please trim ending silence to 5 seconds.
Scarlet576

Post by Scarlet576 »

linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, Scarlett. Spot check PL OK!
linny

Post by linny »

Since we are almost 80% complete I'll try to get Judges started this week but it may be next week before I can get to it. Thank you all for your interest and help with this project. :D
AtalieH

Post by AtalieH »

Here is section 2. Please let me know if there is anything I need to change. I hope to have section 3 done soon.
13:54 https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/holyscripturesjoshua_02_jpsa_128kb.mp3
AtalieH

Post by AtalieH »

I am ready to upload section 3 but for some reason am not being able to. The uploader says, "SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0". Does anyone know what is going on? :help:
This is what I tried uploading: holyscripturesjoshua_03_jpsa_128kb.mp3
I also loaded it to the checker and it passed.
Thanks in advance.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

AtalieH wrote: May 30th, 2018, 1:34 pm I am ready to upload section 3 but for some reason am not being able to. The uploader says, "SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0". Does anyone know what is going on? :help:
This is what I tried uploading: holyscripturesjoshua_03_jpsa_128kb.mp3
I also loaded it to the checker and it passed.
Thanks in advance.
Log out of the uploader, then login again. That should clear the error message.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
AtalieH

Post by AtalieH »

Thanks TriciaG, that did it! Here is section 3:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/holyscripturesjoshua_03_jpsa_128kb.mp3 16:30
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you both.

I likely won't be able to PL before Saturday. During dinner tonight, my husband got a call and he has to head out of the country on Friday for 30 days. My life just got REALLY busy until then.
linny

Post by linny »

PL notes for section 2:
0:54 (2:3) missing word – And the king of Jericho sent unto Rahab, saying: ‘Bring forth the men that are come to thee, that are entered into thy house; for they are come to search out all the land.’

2:41 (2:16) word change – And she said unto them: ‘Get you to the mountain, lest the pursuers light upon you; and hide yourselves there three days, until the pursuers be returned; and afterward may ye go your way.’
I hear mountain[/b]s[/b]

3:16 (2:19) And it shall be, that whosoever shall go out of the doors of thy house into the street, his blood shall be upon his head, and we will be guiltless; and whosoever shall be with thee in the house, his blood shall be on our head, if any hand be upon him.
I hear door (missing pluralization)

10:32 – (4:23) – For the Lord your G_d dried up the waters of the Jordan from before you, until ye were passed over, as the Lord your G_d did to the Red Sea, which He dried up from before us, until we were passed over,
Extra word inserted the
Missing word were

12:26 (5:8) – And it came to pass, when all the nation were circumcised, every one of them, that they abode in their places in the camp, till they were whole.
I hear place (missing pluralization)

linny

Post by linny »

PL notes for section 3:
1:40 (6:9) word change - And the armed men went before the priests that blew the horns, and the rearward went after the ark, [the priests] blowing with the horns continually.
I hear and

3:07 (6:18) word change – And ye, in any wise keep yourselves from the devoted thing, lest ye make yourselves accursed by taking of the devoted thing, so should ye make the camp of Israel accursed, and trouble it.
I hear things (two occurrence’s)

3:32 (6:20) So the people shouted, and [the priests] blew with the horns. And it came to pass, when the people heard the sound of the horn, that the people shouted with a great shout, and the wall fell down flat, so that the people went up into the city, every man straight before him, and they took the city.
I hear walls

4:52 (6:26) missing word – And Joshua charged the people with an oath at that time, saying: ‘Cursed be the man before the Lord, that riseth up and buildeth this city, even Jericho; with the loss of his firstborn shall he lay the foundation thereof, and with the loss of his youngest son shall he set up the gate of it.’

5:05 (7:1) word change – But the children of Israel committed a trespass concerning the devoted thing; for Achan, the son of Carmi, the son of Zabdi, the son of Zerah, of the tribe of Judah, took of the devoted thing; and the anger of the Lord was kindled against the children of Israel.
I hear things

5:37 (7:3) word change – And they returned to Joshua, and said unto him ‘Let not all the people go up; but let about two or three thousand men go up and smite Ai; make not all the people to toil thither; for they are but few.’
I hear hundred

5:59 (7:5) word change – And the men of Ai smote of them about thirty and siz men; and they chased them from before the gate even unto Shebarim, and smote them at the descent; and the hearts of the people melted, and became as water.
I hear heart (missing pluralization)

6:05 (7:6) word change – And Joshua rent his clothes, and fell to the earth upon his face before the ark of the Lord until the evening, he and the elders of Israel; and they put dust upon their heads.
I hear on

6:21 (7:7) word change – And Joshua said: ‘Alas, O Lord G_d, wherefore hast Thou at all brought this people over the Jordan, to deliver us into the hand of the Amorites, to
I hear Amorite (missing pluralization)

6:31 (7:8) word change – Oh, Lord, what shall I say, after that Israel hath turned their backs before their enemies!
I hear back (missing pluralization)

7:00 (7:11) – Israel hath sinned; yea, they have even transgressed My covenant which I commanded them; yea, they have even taken of the devoted thing; and have also stolen, and dissembled also, and they have even put it among their own stuff.
Word change - I hear things
Missing word – also

7:57 (7:15) – And it shall be that he that is taken with the devoted thing shall be burnt with fire, he and all that he hath; because he hath transgressed the covenant of the Lord, and because he hat wrought a wanton deed in Israel.
I hear things

8:09 (7:16) – So Joshua rose up early in the morning, and brought Israel near by their tribes; and the tribe of Judah was taken.
I hear Josh-ah

9:18 (7:22) word change – So Joshua sent messengers, and they ran unto the tent; and, behold, it was hid in his tent, and the silver under it.
I hear the

10:45 (8:3) word change – So Joshua arose, and all the people of war, to go up to Ai; and Joshua chose out thirty thousand men, the mighty men of valour, and sent them forth by night.
I hear called

11:44 (8:9) word change – And Joshua sent them forth; and they went to the ambushment, and abode between Beth-el and Ai, on the west side of Ai; but Joshua lodged that night among the people.
I hear ambush

12:23 (8:13) word change – So the people set themselves in array, even all the host that was on the north of the city, their rear lying in wait on the west of the city; and Joshua went that night into the midst of the vale.
I hear hosts

12:44 (8:14) extra word – And it came to pass, when the king of Ai saw it, that the men of the city hastened and rose up early and went out against Israel to battle, he and all his people, at the time appointed, in the front of the Arabah; but he knew not that there was an ambush against him behind the city.

12:54 (8:15) extra word – And Joshua and all Israel made as if they were beaten before them, and they fled by the way of the wilderness.

13:26 (8:19) word change – And the ambush arose quickly out of their place, and they ran as soon as he had stretched out his hand, and entered into the city, and took it; and they hastened and set the city on fire.
I hear rose
I hear to

14:53 (8:28) word change – So Joshua burnt Ai, and made it a heap for ever, even a desolation, unto this day.
I hear burned

16:21 word change – End of Joshua chapter eight.
I hear five

linny

Post by linny »

Judges is available: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=70521
linny

Post by linny »

I heard from AtalieH. She expects to get the edits done this weekend. :D
AtalieH

Post by AtalieH »

Hi ya'll, I really apologize for the delay in getting these to you! My life just got quite busy all at once. Here they are now and I hope all is well.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/holyscripturesjoshua_02_jpsa_128kb.mp3 13:52
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/holyscripturesjoshua_03_jpsa_128kb.mp3 16:27