COMPLETE Impostures of Scapin by Molière - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
tovarisch
Posts: 2721
Joined: February 24th, 2013, 7:14 am
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Post by tovarisch » May 10th, 2018, 5:10 pm

Could I try reading for Geronte? A slight accent OK?
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8624
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » May 10th, 2018, 5:23 pm

tovarisch wrote:
May 10th, 2018, 5:10 pm
Could I try reading for Geronte? A slight accent OK?
Great. And of course an accent is fine.

Thanks, Todd

bluechien
Posts: 1092
Joined: January 6th, 2017, 6:58 pm
Location: Laurentia

Post by bluechien » May 10th, 2018, 6:48 pm

Thank you soooo much, Todd. :oops:
Eva D
siamo contenti? ... ho fatto questa caricatura ... - Nietzsche

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8624
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » May 11th, 2018, 3:33 am

bluechien wrote:
May 10th, 2018, 6:48 pm
Thank you soooo much, Todd. :oops:
My pleasure. This is all supposed to be fun. Isn't it?

(Search for "The Dreaded Sentence With Twenty Volcano Names" (TDSWTVN) in Andes and Amazon https://librivox.org/the-andes-and-the-amazon-by-james-orton/ to find an example of mis-placed zeal when I was new here and refused to give up - though I came close to leaving in frustration.... I laugh at myself now.)

Thanks, Todd

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17877
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » May 11th, 2018, 4:33 am

catharmaiden wrote:
May 10th, 2018, 4:08 am
here is act 2:
and the final act. My work is done :)
and excellently done it is, Sandra :clap: no errors at all, nothing missing. Totally PL ok. And I especially love the fierceness with which you make Scapin put Géronte back in the sack :lol: it gives this sack-beating scene an even further embellishment.

And now I see I have my third Géronte-candidate to deal with...nobody wants to be beaten by me it seems :?

Sonia

benderca
Posts: 879
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Post by benderca » May 12th, 2018, 2:59 pm

ToddHW wrote:
May 11th, 2018, 3:33 am
bluechien wrote:
May 10th, 2018, 6:48 pm
Thank you soooo much, Todd. :oops:
My pleasure. This is all supposed to be fun. Isn't it?

(Search for "The Dreaded Sentence With Twenty Volcano Names" (TDSWTVN) in Andes and Amazon https://librivox.org/the-andes-and-the-amazon-by-james-orton/ to find an example of mis-placed zeal when I was new here and refused to give up - though I came close to leaving in frustration.... I laugh at myself now.)

Thanks, Todd
Nice, Todd! I just listened to TDSWTVN -- that's quite impressive! :clap: :clap: :clap:

tovarisch
Posts: 2721
Joined: February 24th, 2013, 7:14 am
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Post by tovarisch » May 12th, 2018, 8:14 pm

Here is Geronte, Act 2:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/imposturesofscapin_geronte_2_128kb.mp3 9:43

Working on the third act...
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please

tovarisch
Posts: 2721
Joined: February 24th, 2013, 7:14 am
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Post by tovarisch » May 12th, 2018, 8:43 pm

tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8624
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » May 13th, 2018, 2:15 am

Thank you.

Todd

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17877
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » May 13th, 2018, 12:09 pm

tovarisch wrote:
May 12th, 2018, 8:14 pm
Here is Geronte, Act 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/imposturesofscapin_geronte_2_128kb.mp3 9:43
Working on the third act...
:clap: wonderful acting, Tovarisch :9: I was split in two with laughing, each time you moaned "What the deuce did he want to go in that galley for?" :lol: You can play the poor man's despair about losing money so wonderfully. And in the beating scene you really sound very convincing too. I'm super happy that I got such a great dialogue partner here. These two scenes will be so hilarious. :mrgreen:

(and I think I already mentioned that I love your accent :9: I really hope to hear more from you in other plays to come)

Both acts PL ok. Thank you so much for this great play-acting !

Sonia

tovarisch
Posts: 2721
Joined: February 24th, 2013, 7:14 am
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Post by tovarisch » May 13th, 2018, 1:29 pm

Thank you, Sonia. I appreciate your kind words. :9:
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please


ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 8624
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » May 16th, 2018, 3:32 am

Thank you.

Todd

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17877
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » May 16th, 2018, 4:06 am

benderca wrote:
May 16th, 2018, 1:05 am
...and the good nurse, Nerine, Act 3:
a short part, but you make her memorable, TJ. :thumbs: very well portrayed and flawlessly acted out. PL ok immediately.

Thanks !

Sonia

benderca
Posts: 879
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Post by benderca » May 16th, 2018, 4:49 am

ToddHW wrote:
May 16th, 2018, 3:32 am
Thank you.

Todd
You're very welcome, Todd!
Kitty wrote:
May 16th, 2018, 4:06 am
benderca wrote:
May 16th, 2018, 1:05 am
...and the good nurse, Nerine, Act 3:
a short part, but you make her memorable, TJ. :thumbs: very well portrayed and flawlessly acted out. PL ok immediately.

Thanks !

Sonia
Thanks, Sonia, you are too sweet! At least with a small role, I can get it in on time! :wink:

Post Reply