COMPLETE Impostures of Scapin by Molière - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14289
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 26th, 2018, 12:32 pm

ToddHW wrote:
April 26th, 2018, 11:18 am
Oh, you villain! But now not only do you have me mad at you, Geronte is also going to be looking for you when he discovers that no galleys have left the harbor today! You will get what you deserve before this play is over!
don't complain...compared to what I have in store for poor Géronte in the final act, you really got off light. :wink: Alan will be in for some serious beating (I hope he still likes me after that :? )

Thanks for the quick PL :9:

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14289
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 27th, 2018, 11:53 am

final act for Scapin. I really felt like a split personality in this cudgelling scene. I did at least 6 different voices there, it was challenging but also high fun :mrgreen: I do pity poor Géronte (a bit....)

Well, this was a great opportunity, thank you for letting me play this scoundrel, Todd. Now I need to prepare myself to play a nice convent girl for once :lol: in Tomas' gothic play. Talk about change of scenery. :wink:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/imposturesofscapin_scapin_3_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 12:40 min.

I hope you like it

Sonia

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7316
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » April 27th, 2018, 3:49 pm

Kitty wrote:
April 27th, 2018, 11:53 am
final act for Scapin. I really felt like a split personality in this cudgelling scene. I did at least 6 different voices there, it was challenging but also high fun :mrgreen: I do pity poor Géronte (a bit....)

Well, this was a great opportunity, thank you for letting me play this scoundrel, Todd. Now I need to prepare myself to play a nice convent girl for once :lol: in Tomas' gothic play. Talk about change of scenery. :wink:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/imposturesofscapin_scapin_3_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 12:40 min.

I hope you like it

Sonia
Oh what a wonderful performance! Especially when you play 7 people at once - all with different voices - supposedly attacking and beating you! PL OK!

Thanks, Todd

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15562
Joined: August 1st, 2009, 11:30 pm
Contact:

Post by Availle » April 27th, 2018, 7:15 pm

Cheers,
Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com

alanmapstone
Posts: 946
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » April 28th, 2018, 12:01 am

Hi Todd

Having looked at the role of Geronte in more details I think it is too big a role for me to take on considering the technical and other problems I am having at present. So I think it would be better for me to give it up now and let someone else take it on.

Perhaps I could do the few lines of Carle instead, just help out.
alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7316
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » April 28th, 2018, 5:11 am

Thank you both. (Alan - I can understand - Kitty gives you quite a beating in Act 3. I feel sore just having listened to her half of the dialog!)

Todd

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14289
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 28th, 2018, 7:46 am

ToddHW wrote:
April 28th, 2018, 5:11 am
(Alan - I can understand - Kitty gives you quite a beating in Act 3. I feel sore just having listened to her half of the dialog!)
You will scare everybody off from that role :?

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14289
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 28th, 2018, 8:57 am

Availle wrote:
April 27th, 2018, 7:15 pm
Zerbinette:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/imposturesofscapin_zerbinette_3_128kb.mp3
I think you'll like this one! :lol:
:mrgreen: indeed, you know me so well. I extremely like your hearty laughs and it's not the first time I tell you !!! And we got spoiled here with them. Wonderful temperament, Ava :thumbs: also no errors or missing lines, so Zerbinette is completely PL ok.

Thanks. Why did she only show up in one act ? :hmm:

Just one thing puzzled me: right at 9:01 you are clearing your throat. Was that something you wanted to cut out ? I checked a lot through the text but couldn't find any stage direction that asked for this.

Anyway, nothing to reupload, if it's not in the text, Todd can simply ignore it. :)

Sonia

bluechien
Posts: 1000
Joined: January 6th, 2017, 6:58 pm
Location: Laurentia

Post by bluechien » April 28th, 2018, 11:59 am

alanmapstone wrote:
April 28th, 2018, 12:01 am
Hi Todd

Having looked at the role of Geronte in more details I think it is too big a role for me to take on considering the technical and other problems I am having at present. So I think it would be better for me to give it up now and let someone else take it on.
It's too bad, Alan, as you're perfectly cast for Geronte :(

But if Todd will put me in, as much less perfect casting, I'd like to give him a go.

Hope your technical problems smooth out, they can be infuriating!
Eva D
ond let him not see this, lest he should come home,
and Pinch me, or kill my Squirrel.

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7316
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » April 28th, 2018, 4:36 pm

I have put Argante into the MW for PL.

Thanks, Todd

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7316
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » April 28th, 2018, 4:37 pm

bluechien wrote:
April 28th, 2018, 11:59 am
alanmapstone wrote:
April 28th, 2018, 12:01 am
Hi Todd

Having looked at the role of Geronte in more details I think it is too big a role for me to take on considering the technical and other problems I am having at present. So I think it would be better for me to give it up now and let someone else take it on.
It's too bad, Alan, as you're perfectly cast for Geronte :(

But if Todd will put me in, as much less perfect casting, I'd like to give him a go.

Hope your technical problems smooth out, they can be infuriating!
Yes, I put you in the MW for Geronte. Wear some good padding....

Thanks, Todd

alanmapstone
Posts: 946
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » April 29th, 2018, 3:19 am

alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7316
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » April 29th, 2018, 3:41 am

Thank you.

Todd

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14289
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 29th, 2018, 5:00 am

ToddHW wrote:
April 28th, 2018, 4:36 pm
I have put Argante into the MW for PL.
highly enjoyable. Even if I hear only your side of our dialogue, I remember my own quite well and this will sound so great together :9: You are really great when you are in a rage :lol:

And I was thrilled that you adopted the rolled 'r' also here, so that my impersonation of you in Act 1 is quite similar. Thank you ! :thumbs:

Everything PL ok. Wonderful performance, Todd.

(hehe and as predicted, you are forgiving me in the end ;) nobody can be mad at me for long, knew it :mrgreen: )

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14289
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 29th, 2018, 5:13 am

great job again, Alan. Have your technical problems been resolved ? Anyway, the recording is perfect quality in my opinion. And Carle is accurately portrayed :thumbs: No errors, PL ok.

Sonia

Post Reply