COMPLETE Impostures of Scapin by Molière - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Kitty wrote: April 29th, 2018, 5:13 am Have your technical problems been resolved ? Anyway, the recording is perfect quality in my opinion.
My technical problems are more to do with unreliability of old equipment and out of date software rather than recording quality. Also I have some health issues which make me reluctant to spend long periods on line. So recording long roles is a not really on. So I try to choose short but interesting roles.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: April 29th, 2018, 10:15 am Also I have some health issues which make me reluctant to spend long periods on line.
I'm sorry to hear that :( hopefully you're back in health soon. And if long periods on the computer weary you out then it's probably a good thing not to overdue it. Wishing you all the best. :)

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Alan, for the excellent graphics on how I got hit by a hammer leaving my brain exposed :? :lol: Carle is PL ok. Great job !

Sonia
catharmaiden

Post by catharmaiden »

here's the first act of the play so you can start assembling:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/imposturesofscapin_narrator_1_128kb.mp3 (4:28 min.)

Sandra
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

catharmaiden wrote: May 7th, 2018, 1:16 pm here's the first act of the play so you can start assembling:
excellent, Sandra, thank you for starting on this so quickly. :9: As always, wonderfully narrated and nothing is missing. You really plodded through the endless time-loop of "Argante, thinking himself alone" / "Scapin aside". :shock: I notice you inserted one "Scapin aside", that was missing in the text, I agree, I also think that he said this aside as well. It would be strange at this point if he had said this aloud.

Todd: I hope we both conveyed these asides well enough in our voices, because I fear the constant insertions will totally break the flow of this particular scene. :?

Sandra: Act 1 Stage Directions are PL ok.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you both.

Todd
catharmaiden

Post by catharmaiden »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
catharmaiden

Post by catharmaiden »

bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Todd, I am sorry to do this, but would you mind if I orphaned Geronte? I have run through him several times, and his part is hilarious, but I should be close to recording him now and yet I just cannot do a believable Geronte. It's pretty terrible. I learned my limits here and will probably avoid patriarchal pillars in the future. :hmm:
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

catharmaiden wrote: May 10th, 2018, 4:08 am and the final act. My work is done :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/imposturesofscapin_narrator_3_128kb.mp3 (4:46)

Sandra
Thank you.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

bluechien wrote: May 10th, 2018, 9:32 am Todd, I am sorry to do this, but would you mind if I orphaned Geronte? I have run through him several times, and his part is hilarious, but I should be close to recording him now and yet I just cannot do a believable Geronte. It's pretty terrible. I learned my limits here and will probably avoid patriarchal pillars in the future. :hmm:
Not to worry. Plenty of other plays (I'll have new ones soon) and DRs and even books going on to attract you attention. And feel free to try your limits again any time.

Thanks, Todd