COMPLETE Impostures of Scapin by Molière - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
benderca

Post by benderca »

May I play Nerine please?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

benderca wrote: April 22nd, 2018, 7:40 am May I play Nerine please?
Thank you.

Todd
catharmaiden

Post by catharmaiden »

I'll do the stage directions once again, if you're not fed up with it yet. :mrgreen:

Sandra
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

catharmaiden wrote: April 22nd, 2018, 10:13 am I'll do the stage directions once again, if you're not fed up with it yet. :mrgreen:

Sandra
I am DELIGHTED to have you read stage directions.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Leanne, for these ! You're the first in. I will probably PL tomorrow though...

Todd, here is Act 1 for Scapin. I tried to make him really full of himself, well knowing his worth and how to get out of every situation. :mrgreen: Oh and in our first dialogue together Scapin is obviously poking fun at poor Argante, I had a blast playing that scene. Well actually he seems to be poking fun at everybody at one point or other :lol:

Well I hope you like my interpretation of one of Molière's great tricksters.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/imposturesofscapin_scapin_1_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 15:01 min.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

well actually, I still had a bit of time tonight and since both acts were quite short, I checked them out already :) Your Hyacintha is very nicely portrayed, I really like the sensitive despair she has for her love that you are showing throughout. :9: Also textually there is nothing missing or wrong.

Only one technical thing to correct: your sampling rate is 48,000 Hz instead of the required 44,100. Could you adjust that please and reupload ? did you manually change it for some reason ? :hmm: Usually Audacity would keep the settings once they are put in.

Thank you :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sorry Leanne, they are still the same sampling rate :( maybe the new upload failed...could you try again, please ?

Sonia
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Okay, I tried again - I changed the sampling rate under the track settings as well as under the track tab, so if it doesn't work maybe my computer just doesn't have the software available.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/imposturesofscapin_hyacintha_1_128kb.mp3 1.45 KB Clear
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/imposturesofscapin_hyacintha_3_128kb.mp3 1.59 KB Clear
Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

leanneyauyau wrote: April 25th, 2018, 2:16 am Okay, I tried again - I changed the sampling rate under the track settings as well as under the track tab, so if it doesn't work maybe my computer just doesn't have the software available.
nope sorry, still the same sampling rate :( do you have a new computer or new audio-program ? Because your other files were always good.

Well, don't worry about this one for now, I quickly changed the rate in my computer and reuploaded ;) it's PL ok now :) A bit low on volume but I'll make a note for Todd.

Thanks. But I hope you can how to change the rate, because you need to have the correct one for every LV recording in future. Maybe ask in the help forum. :hmm: They might know what went wrong.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: April 24th, 2018, 12:07 pm Todd, here is Act 1 for Scapin. I tried to make him really full of himself, well knowing his worth and how to get out of every situation. :mrgreen: Oh and in our first dialogue together Scapin is obviously poking fun at poor Argante, I had a blast playing that scene. Well actually he seems to be poking fun at everybody at one point or other :lol:

Well I hope you like my interpretation of one of Molière's great tricksters.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/imposturesofscapin_scapin_1_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 15:01 min.

Sonia
Perfect. I will try to play the aged buffoon that you obviously take me for, and I am sure I will win out before the end of the play!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: April 25th, 2018, 3:48 am I will try to play the aged buffoon that you obviously take me for, and I am sure I will win out before the end of the play!
:lol: we shall see... :mrgreen:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Todd, here's Act 2 for the machiavellian Scapin. Ooooh I felt so hypocritical and dirty after I finished this recording. :lol: He is really a devious person. And I really had to pull out all the stops to finally get the money from your Argante. :evil: Still....I got there in the end. :mrgreen:

Be prepared, it's a long act :shock: now I need a rest from all this sweet-talking, threatening, cheating and lying through my teeth.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/imposturesofscapin_scapin_2_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 23:51 min.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: April 26th, 2018, 10:19 am Todd, here's Act 2 for the machiavellian Scapin. Ooooh I felt so hypocritical and dirty after I finished this recording. :lol: He is really a devious person. And I really had to pull out all the stops to finally get the money from your Argante. :evil: Still....I got there in the end. :mrgreen:

Be prepared, it's a long act :shock: now I need a rest from all this sweet-talking, threatening, cheating and lying through my teeth.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/imposturesofscapin_scapin_2_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 23:51 min.

Sonia
Oh, you villain! But now not only do you have me mad at you, Geronte is also going to be looking for you when he discovers that no galleys have left the harbor today! You will get what you deserve before this play is over!

PL OK, Todd