[Complete] State of the Union Addresses 1845-1848 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

Hi Colleen,
I’m sure it’s fine. It’s only an issue if I can’t hear the words. I have to go to town today so if a PLer doesn’t come along today I’ll take a listen tomorrow.
linny

Post by linny »

Colleen,
Section 4 is PL OK. Great job. Very interesting times. :thumbs:
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Thanks! I'm already working around door-slamming housemates, the laundry room across the hall, and our own dogs' random barking. Don't know what I would do if I also had to contend with dogs 3 doors down that bark all day!
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you! Unless someone pops in to dpl I likely won't be able to listen until Monday. Mom is away for a few days so I’m heading over first thing in the morning to paint her kitchen for her.

Happy Mother’s day!
linny

Post by linny »

2 PL notes for section 1. It's very interesting and a nice preamble for what happens a couple of years later.

8:30 - Even France, the country which had been our ancient ally, the country which has a common interest with us in maintaining the freedom of the seas, the country which, by the cession of Louisiana, first opened to us access to the Gulf of Mexico, the country with which we have been every year drawing more and more closely the bonds of successful commerce, most unexpectedly, and to our unfeigned regret, took part in an effort to prevent annexation and to impose on Texas, as a condition of the recognition of her independence by Mexico, that she would never join herself to the United States.
I hear secession

32:12 The negotiation of 1826, having also failed to effect an adjustment by compromise, resulted in the convention of August 6, 1827, by which it was agreed to continue in force for an indefinite period the provisions of the third article of the convention of the 20th of October, 1818; and it was further provided that—
I hear progressions
realisticspeakers

linny wrote: May 13th, 2018, 4:18 pm 2 PL notes for section 1. It's very interesting and a nice preamble for what happens a couple of years later.

8:30 - cession of Louisiana,
I hear secession

32:12 provisions
I hear progressions

Repaired. Thank you.
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/stateoftheunion1845_1848_01_various_128kb.mp3
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
linny

Post by linny »

Your edits are amazingly seamless. Spot check PL OK. :thumbs:
realisticspeakers

linny wrote: May 15th, 2018, 6:08 am Your edits are amazingly seamless. Spot check PL OK. :thumbs:
I KNOW RIGHT?! LOL.
I wish I could do that for a living.
Disclaimer:
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Colleen McMahon

linny

Post by linny »

Colleen,
Great work! PL OK! :thumbs:
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

Wow super fast checking, thanks!

Here is part 6.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/stateoftheunion1845_1848_06_various_128kb.mp3

37:41
Colleen McMahon

linny

Post by linny »

Hi Colleen,
I always try for a quick turnaround. I am going out of town tomorrow and I won't be able to PL until next weekend so I'm doing everything I can now to leave without a backlog. Speaking of which...

Section 6 is PL OK! Once again, great job. It certainly was a busy year. Thank you for your help on 1846. :thumbs:
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

I made sure to finish editing it today in case you wanted to finish the whole year before you left town. You are very efficient, I'm in awe!

I'd like to sign up for the 1848 sections too, if I can.
Colleen McMahon

linny

Post by linny »

Thank you for that! I’ll only have ipad access while I’m gone so trying to follow along with the text will be more complicated than I will attempt.

Thanks for the additional claim! :clap: