[COMPLETE]Inside the Lines -- icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Leesma

Post by Leesma »

Inside the Lines by Earl Derr Biggers (1884 - 1933) and Robert Welles Ritchie (1879-1942).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/inside-the-lines-by-earl-derr-biggers/

As World War I commences, a plucky young American woman in Europe on a business trip begins to realize that she may have remained too long. She and others anxious to leave for home are caught up in events swirling about them. A mysterious British officer becomes involved. This romance-tinged spy thriller begins on a train in Calais bound for Paris and ends in Gibraltar.
Based on a 1915 play of the same name, the novel was adapted for the screen in a 1918 silent version and again as a “talky” in 1930. This was the third novel written by Biggers, who went on to write six Charlie Chan novels in the 1920’s and 1930’s. -- Lee Smalley
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/56036
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

[list]
    [*] Project Code: nqoizD5x

[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): ( Earl Derr Biggers) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Derr_Biggers

[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Robert Welles Ritchie) : n/a

[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
    [*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 19
    [*]Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
    [*]Original publication date (if known): 1915
    [*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
============================================

Genres for the project: Suspense, Espionage, Political & Thrillers

Keywords that describe the book: Spy novel; romance, World War I; Gibraltar; mistaken identity; suspense

============================================ [/size]

[*]The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
START of recording (Intro):
  • "Chapter [number] of Inside the Lines. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • Say:
    "Inside the Lines, by Earl Derr Biggers. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
  • "Chapter [number] of Inside the Lines by Earl Derr Biggers. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
  • If you wish, say:
  • Only if applicable, say:
    "[Chapter title]"
END of recording:
  • At the end of the section, say:
    "End of [Chapter]"
  • If you wish, say:
  • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
    "End of Inside the Lines, by Earl Derr Biggers. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

[*]Example filename insidethelines_##_biggers_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. insidethelines_01_biggers_128kb.mp3)

[*]Example ID3 V2 tags
Artist: Earl Derr Biggers
Title: ## - [Section title]
Album: Inside the Lines

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
  • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: icequeen
  • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below[/list]
Last edited by Leesma on June 18th, 2018, 7:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Eschew obfuscation.
Leesma

Post by Leesma »

DPL is icequeen. :D
Eschew obfuscation.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OK, your MW is ready for you! Looks like another great story! Will you be adding the second author's name when you do your intros?
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Leesma

Post by Leesma »

I was going to ask you how it's usually handled. Both names (with middles) would be too big a mouthful IMO. Any suggestions?
Eschew obfuscation.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

You could just do both first and last names, and leave out the middle names.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Leesma

Post by Leesma »

The titles are added to the MW. Hopefully they're all appropriate and won't confuse or frustrate us. :)

And I'll credit both authors w/o saying their middle names.

It looks like we no longer have to opt to receive notifications of postings here. I assume it's now automatic for you and me?
Eschew obfuscation.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Actually, if you go up to the top of the first post, there are three buttons on the left side. The one in the middle, with the wrench, has options to click for notifications. You will want to click the Bookmark one, it's the second item on the drop down menu. That one will send you notifications.

Moving on to Going Solo!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Leesma

Post by Leesma »

Just FYI, the subscribe topic -- on my screen -- isn't as you described. There are no three dots above the first post. After a lot of searching I found the wrench with "Subscribe Topic" at the very top and bottom of the page. The subscribe option was already checked. I also clicked on the bookmark option, so between them I should be receiving notices of your posts. Would you kindly post something, say, "Lets Go Mets!" to see whether I receive it. (OK, make it "Angels") :)
Eschew obfuscation.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

I'll say go Mets! Cespedes is looking great this year!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Leesma

Post by Leesma »

Here's Chapter 1. I included the authors' middle names in the intro to this chapter and will for the final chapter, but just their first and last names for all the others.
Eschew obfuscation.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Chapter 1 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Leesma

Post by Leesma »

Here's 2. I think it might take a little while to "get into" this one, but then it could, I hope, be absorbing.
Eschew obfuscation.
Leesma

Post by Leesma »

Ch 3 is ready. Another cautionary tale about alcohol.
Eschew obfuscation.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

These people and their booze! :lol: Chapters 2 and 3 are PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
LikeManyWaters

Post by LikeManyWaters »

:) Yay! So glad someone’s doing one of my book suggestions. Thanks!
April