Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

DrPGould wrote: June 2nd, 2018, 12:44 pm Devorah:

Here is the link to Col. Bellows:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/voyagesdrdolittle_bellows_27_128kb.mp3
Thanks Philip! Col. Bellowes is PL OK - and very appropriately gruff! :thumbs:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

cowguy02 wrote: June 1st, 2018, 4:09 pm OK here is Mr Stubbins and Mr Perey Jenkins lines,

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/Mr_Percey_Jenkins.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/Mr_Stubbins.mp3
Hi Luke, there's a few lines missing and misread in the Percy Jenkins file, and that whole first speech goes really quickly - I suggest re-recording the whole first speech and slowing it down. This is the part from: “Of course the dog must be admitted as a witness...My hat!”
Also, we would like you to record the "Hooray" lines for the crowd scene at the end of the chapter, so please add those lines to this file and reupload the whole thing.

Mr Stubbins - putting both sections in the one file is awkward for editing, it is usual to submit two files for two sections, but since both are short I guess we can let it go this time.
One PL note for the last line, the last few words were missed out. Should be: But I feel that Tommy ought to be learning some trade by which he can earn his living later on.”

Please be careful with turning pages while recording - it's very loud in two sections of this recording.

We've also got a Spanish Boy in Section 10 if you wanted to read another part!
SusanFerman

Post by SusanFerman »

Hi All!

Brand-spanking new here. I haven't even introduced myself yet--I was just perusing Readers Wanted and found this project. If you still have any female (or gender-neutral) parts left, any age, I would be happy to read one or more characters. I can also do character voices, accents, etc.

But I have a technical question, before I do my one-minute test: Since this is being done as a dramatic reading, do you care if a use a dynamic or condenser mic? I have both. :D

Thanks,
Susan
Susan Ferman
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

SusanFerman wrote: June 17th, 2018, 7:55 pm Hi All!

Brand-spanking new here. I haven't even introduced myself yet--I was just perusing Readers Wanted and found this project. If you still have any female (or gender-neutral) parts left, any age, I would be happy to read one or more characters. I can also do character voices, accents, etc.

But I have a technical question, before I do my one-minute test: Since this is being done as a dramatic reading, do you care if a use a dynamic or condenser mic? I have both. :D

Thanks,
Susan
Welcome! Glad you found your way here! We do have a few female roles left, and all roles in this project are actually gender neutral anyway. If you go to the first post in this project thread, you'll see the MW (magic window) which displays each role in the project. The blue roles are not yet claimed. There are several roles still available in section 6, and a couple in section 5. Looks like we still need one islander and Joe the mussel man as well. You're welcome to claim any of those that interest you. My only requirement is that you claim only one role per section.

As far as which mic you use, it's entirely up to you. To be honest, I don't even know the difference between the two, even after almost two years as a LV volunteer. :lol: I think I've had it explained to me, but it didn't stick. So really, just use whichever you prefer. The important thing is that you get your tech settings right, and that's what the test is for. You can go ahead and claim the roles that interest you now if you want, but please go ahead and complete your test before you record your lines.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Polynesia is entirely PL ok! :clap: Great work, Beth, that was a challenging role! That's one parrot with quite a lot to say! She's certainly a mover and shaker in this story!
SusanFerman

Post by SusanFerman »

mightyfelix wrote: June 17th, 2018, 9:10 pm
SusanFerman wrote: June 17th, 2018, 7:55 pm Hi All!

Thanks,
Susan
Welcome! Glad you found your way here! We do have a few female roles left, and all roles in this project are actually gender neutral anyway. If you go to the first post in this project thread, you'll see the MW (magic window) which displays each role in the project. The blue roles are not yet claimed. There are several roles still available in section 6, and a couple in section 5. Looks like we still need one islander and Joe the mussel man as well. You're welcome to claim any of those that interest you. My only requirement is that you claim only one role per section.

As far as which mic you use, it's entirely up to you. To be honest, I don't even know the difference between the two, even after almost two years as a LV volunteer. :lol: I think I've had it explained to me, but it didn't stick. So really, just use whichever you prefer. The important thing is that you get your tech settings right, and that's what the test is for. You can go ahead and claim the roles that interest you now if you want, but please go ahead and complete your test before you record your lines.
How about the Schoolboy in Section 5 and Mrs. Luke in Section 6?
Susan Ferman
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Sounds good. I will hold those for you. As I said, though, please make sure you have the ok on your test before you record these. :D
SusanFerman

Post by SusanFerman »

I am sorry, but I can't seem to figure out who our MC is? I don't see tg on the dropdown list of MCs on the uploader, so i must have the name wrong. Can someone please tell me where to find the info, so I know for next time?

Trying to get my test checked and approved, so I knock out my parts this weekend or early next week, since I have time.

Cheers,
S
Susan Ferman
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

The initials "tg" in the thread title are used as an abbreviation, since there is a limit to the number of characters in a thread title. You are looking for "TriciaG". This is also stated in full in the first post of this thread, near the link for the uploader. :)
SusanFerman

Post by SusanFerman »

Thank you! I don't know how I failed to see that...I will get the hang of this, once I have done it a couple of times!

S
Susan Ferman
SusanFerman

Post by SusanFerman »

Thanks to a lot of help form several people, my one minute test is finally uploaded. I think my "P"s pop a bit, so I know I need to play with the placement of my pop filter. First time I have used the mic, so feedback would really help. The tech side of things is definitely not my strong point!

Windows 7
Sterling ST51 cardioid condenser mic
Audition 1.5 (my work program, and my boss doesn't like newer versions, so I can't update to a more recent one) :?

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/test_susanferman.mp3
Susan Ferman
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Oh, I didn't realize you were trying to upload your test. If I had taken more time to read your post carefully, I'd have realized that, sorry. There is actually a separate folder for tests. It's just called tests. :D Don't worry about it, though, not that you've already uploaded it. One thing that's really important, though, is to post that link in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum. Someone will check it there. I'm not able to now. Just report back here when you've got your ok!
NishthaRocks

Post by NishthaRocks »

May I be the crowd woman?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

SusanFerman wrote: June 23rd, 2018, 5:37 pm Thanks to a lot of help form several people, my one minute test is finally uploaded. I think my "P"s pop a bit, so I know I need to play with the placement of my pop filter. First time I have used the mic, so feedback would really help. The tech side of things is definitely not my strong point!

Windows 7
Sterling ST51 cardioid condenser mic
Audition 1.5 (my work program, and my boss doesn't like newer versions, so I can't update to a more recent one) :?

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/test_susanferman.mp3
Hi, Susan. I was out of town when you posted this, and I'm not sure if you saw my response, asking you to post the test in Listeners and Editors Wanted, where tests are supposed to be checked. I wasn't able to check your test at that time, not being home.

In any case, I am home now, and decided to go ahead and check it for you. Your tech settings and volume are all ok, and you're ready to record! I didn't notice any excessive popping, either, but then I'm listening on really cruddy headphones at the moment, so as not to disturb my hubby, who's napping and not feeling well. :|

I'm happy to officially assign you Mrs. Luke and the Schoolboy, now that your test is good to go. Please let me know if you have any questions that aren't answered in the first post of this thread.