COMPLETE[PLAY] The Dream by Joanna Baillie - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Yes, the second executioner is the one I meant & thank you for signing me up for both of the roles I had mentioned.
Kitty wrote: June 14th, 2018, 11:54 am
adr6090 wrote: June 14th, 2018, 10:34 am Sections 08; old woman peasant & 18; executioner are what I would like to claim in this play.
so cool ! I am looking forward to hearing you as executioner :shock: You do mean the Second Executioner, right ? I'll sign you up for both roles, since they are in different acts. Thanks, April

Sonia
April
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: June 9th, 2018, 4:53 am
benderca wrote: June 8th, 2018, 4:28 pm Here's Paul, Act 1:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_paul_1_128kb.mp3
wonderful job, TJ !!! I love the sort of raspy voice the brother has (I hope it doesn't mean you have a scratchy throat :? ) But it's a great effect. And the trepidation when he recounts his visions is really well acted out. :thumbs:

Only one missing line need to be inserted:

> at about 1:12: missing line (p. 107): (calling to those without): "Ho there ! What is the matter ?"

thanks !

Sonia
Thanks, Sonia. I'll add that line. No, no scratchy throat -- actually I'm in the best of health, which means my voice can go higher (and lower). Summer and sunshine are great for my vocal chords! :D

Here's Paul, Act 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_paul_2_128kb.mp3

Did you happen to notice any lines for Paul or Omnes in Chapter 3 while you were PLing? I think he may just be a prop (a good-looking one, though not too heroic -- afraid of catching a little plague... disgraceful). :wink:
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

adr6090 wrote: June 14th, 2018, 12:27 pm Yes, the second executioner is the one I meant & thank you for signing me up for both of the roles I had mentioned.
Kitty wrote: June 14th, 2018, 11:54 am
adr6090 wrote: June 14th, 2018, 10:34 am Sections 08; old woman peasant & 18; executioner are what I would like to claim in this play.
so cool ! I am looking forward to hearing you as executioner :shock: You do mean the Second Executioner, right ? I'll sign you up for both roles, since they are in different acts. Thanks, April

Sonia
Thanks for signing up, adr6090! :-)
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

benderca wrote: June 14th, 2018, 12:36 pm
Kitty wrote: June 9th, 2018, 4:53 am
benderca wrote: June 8th, 2018, 4:28 pm Here's Paul, Act 1:
wonderful job, TJ !!! I love the sort of raspy voice the brother has (I hope it doesn't mean you have a scratchy throat :? ) But it's a great effect. And the trepidation when he recounts his visions is really well acted out. :thumbs:

> at about 1:12: missing line (p. 107): (calling to those without): "Ho there ! What is the matter ?"

thanks !

Sonia
Thanks, Sonia. I'll add that line. No, no scratchy throat -- actually I'm in the best of health, which means my voice can go higher (and lower). Summer and sunshine are great for my vocal chords! :D

Here's Paul, Act 2:

Did you happen to notice any lines for Paul or Omnes in Chapter 3 while you were PLing? I think he may just be a prop (a good-looking one, though not too heroic -- afraid of catching a little plague... disgraceful). :wink:
I mean... I can't blame him. I wouldn't want to catch the plague either.

And, um... I think I messed up. I couldn't find any lines either. Sorry.
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: June 9th, 2018, 4:53 am wonderful job, TJ !!! I love the sort of raspy voice the brother has (I hope it doesn't mean you have a scratchy throat :? ) But it's a great effect. And the trepidation when he recounts his visions is really well acted out. :thumbs:

thanks !

Sonia
Thanks, Sonia!

Now I have a scratchy voice. I just read a 14-page story from your World's Story project. Then I tried to Paul again and couldn't get down so low. I guess I need to rest my voice... 8-)

I added the missing line at about 1:12. Hope it's paulish enough:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: June 15th, 2018, 2:15 pmNow I have a scratchy voice. I just read a 14-page story from your World's Story project. Then I tried to Paul again and couldn't get down so low. I guess I need to rest my voice... 8-)
:? oh I'm sorry the section was bad for your voice. 14 pages in one go is a lot, I also prefer smaller sections.

Well the good news is that Paul is PL ok now :) Thanks

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: June 17th, 2018, 11:21 pm
benderca wrote: June 15th, 2018, 2:15 pmNow I have a scratchy voice. I just read a 14-page story from your World's Story project. Then I tried to Paul again and couldn't get down so low. I guess I need to rest my voice... 8-)
:? oh I'm sorry the section was bad for your voice. 14 pages in one go is a lot, I also prefer smaller sections.
I wasn't planning to read it in one go, but it was just too good to stop -- it was the music of the desert story.
Kitty wrote: June 17th, 2018, 11:21 pm Well the good news is that Paul is PL ok now :) Thanks

Sonia
Yay!!!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Well, doing my final edit, I found several missing lines in Act I, and in Act II, the longest, I found just one missed word, but its omission reverses the meaning of the sentence, so I need to do all of these corrections. Act III I believe to be correct, so I'm submitting it now:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_prior_3_128kb.mp3

I don't know if I put enough expression into this vengeful prior, but hope some of his darkness came through.
~ Larry
NOTE: Traveling without internet until March 17
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: June 18th, 2018, 9:30 am I don't know if I put enough expression into this vengeful prior, but hope some of his darkness came through.
Looking forward to your evil side, Larry :twisted: I will PL tomorrow morning ! Thanks, for now I'll update MW, so I won't forget

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

silverquill wrote: June 18th, 2018, 9:30 am Well, doing my final edit, I found several missing lines in Act I, and in Act II, the longest, I found just one missed word, but its omission reverses the meaning of the sentence, so I need to do all of these corrections. Act III I believe to be correct, so I'm submitting it now:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/dream_prior_3_128kb.mp3

I don't know if I put enough expression into this vengeful prior, but hope some of his darkness came through.
Thanks Larry!
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

The roles of Jerome and Morand have both been vacated.

I wasn't intending on taking a role for this one, but I think I'd better to get this done in the not-too-distant future. So I'm claiming the role of Jerome.

The role of Morand, meanwhile, is now available. (And again -- gender neutral casting.)
PROJECTS
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: June 18th, 2018, 9:30 am Act III I believe to be correct, so I'm submitting it now:
oh I do think that you have a certain vindictive undertone in your voice here, Larry. The evil side does shine through 8-) I liked the performance.

there is only one line missing:

> at about 1:36: (p. 167) missing line: “Then give the stroke without it” (ahhh, what a mean, vindictive person :evil: ! Wanting to hurry up the process so no help would be able to come in time)

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Just a quick question: Is Paul, Act 2 PL ok? Just wondering because it hasn't been moved yet in the MW and I thought it might have been overlooked... 😊
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: June 20th, 2018, 1:13 am Just a quick question: Is Paul, Act 2 PL ok? Just wondering because it hasn't been moved yet in the MW and I thought it might have been overlooked... 😊
:shock: I didn't see your file link !!!! :oops: I'll get to PLing it subito ! Thanks for checking in.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: June 14th, 2018, 12:36 pm Here's Paul, Act 2:

ok I found the link. Somehow it got lost in the action, but all's fine and it's PL ok. He's a bit of a whimp at the end :lol: nice contrast to the gruffer macho voice he had throughout the play. ;)

And I checked Act 3, indeed he seems to have no speaking lines, not even Omnes. He's just there to prop up the prisoner to the scaffold and then he can leave again :mrgreen:

Thanks, TJ !

Sonia