COMPLETE[PLAY] The Dream by Joanna Baillie - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

DrPGould wrote: April 7th, 2018, 7:34 pm Thanks, Sonia for your PL, delightful as always, and thanks to Chuck for letting me play here.

Philip
Are you kidding? I'm just grateful for this community, for allowing me to put together all these weird play. :-)
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
gauguin

Post by gauguin »

Hi there,

I would love to read Jerome.

Greetings from Philadelphia,

Gauguin
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

gauguin wrote: April 16th, 2018, 6:42 pm I would love to read Jerome.
Hi Gauguin, as Chuck is probably busy correcting papers right now, I'll sign you up for the role of Jerome. I see this is your first participation in a drama project, so maybe you want a few "special guidelines" for recording.

> no need to do the LV disclaimer, the narrator will do that for each act. Just say your voice credit at the beginning of the file: "Jerome, read by Gauguin" (or whatever you want to be know as)

> please leave at least 2 seconds of silence between each of your "speeches". Even if one speech is interrupted by stage directions like "goes to the door", leave the 2 seconds as well. The reason for this is, your bits will get cut out and pasted in the correct slots in one masterfile. For the editor it's easier to cut out the sections when there is enough silence around.

> it is recommended to check out at least a bit the sentences around your own speeches, so you know what the overall mood of the other characters will be, and that makes it easier for you to react. Also if there are directions like "sobs" or "hesitantly", if you can convey that with your voice, that's a big bonus, then we can leave those stage directions out and the flow of the play will be better. :) So basically, the more you act out, the better :mrgreen:

Have fun, and if you still have any questions, don't hesitate to ask

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sorry Leanne, I completely missed your new files :oops: I checked them now and they're both PL ok. Thanks so much :)

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Kitty wrote: April 17th, 2018, 11:52 pm
gauguin wrote: April 16th, 2018, 6:42 pm I would love to read Jerome.
Hi Gauguin, as Chuck is probably busy correcting papers right now, I'll sign you up for the role of Jerome. I see this is your first participation in a drama project, so maybe you want a few "special guidelines" for recording.

> no need to do the LV disclaimer, the narrator will do that for each act. Just say your voice credit at the beginning of the file: "Jerome, read by Gauguin" (or whatever you want to be know as)

> please leave at least 2 seconds of silence between each of your "speeches". Even if one speech is interrupted by stage directions like "goes to the door", leave the 2 seconds as well. The reason for this is, your bits will get cut out and pasted in the correct slots in one masterfile. For the editor it's easier to cut out the sections when there is enough silence around.

> it is recommended to check out at least a bit the sentences around your own speeches, so you know what the overall mood of the other characters will be, and that makes it easier for you to react. Also if there are directions like "sobs" or "hesitantly", if you can convey that with your voice, that's a big bonus, then we can leave those stage directions out and the flow of the play will be better. :) So basically, the more you act out, the better :mrgreen:

Have fun, and if you still have any questions, don't hesitate to ask

Sonia
You beat me to it. Thanks Sonia. :-)

And welcome Gauguin!
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
MonkofHunk

Post by MonkofHunk »

Hello i would like to claim the Role of Morand, act 1 - 3.

Thank you kindly :D
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

MonkofHunk wrote: April 19th, 2018, 1:38 am Hello i would like to claim the Role of Morand, act 1 - 3.

Thank you kindly :D
That would be excellent. Thank you so much. :-)
PROJECTS
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Availle wrote: April 27th, 2018, 7:07 pm Here comes Agnes, with surprisingly little to say.
well at least in the second act she had her moments. Everything excellently played, Agnes is someone to be relied upon. Acts 1 & 3 are already PL ok.

Small detail in Act 2:

> at 1:37: (p. 146) "And what happened then ?"- you say "and what happened to him", but since I repeat the question offended, it would be better if you really asked the same question. Agnes here is obviously eager to hear some interesting lover's story surely :mrgreen:

Sonia
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Agnes Act 2 fixed and reuploaded. Thanks Sonia! :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Availle wrote: May 1st, 2018, 6:48 pm Agnes Act 2 fixed and reuploaded. Thanks Sonia! :D
thank you :) definitely PL ok now :thumbs:

Sonia
catharmaiden

Post by catharmaiden »

I would volunteer for the stage directions :)

Sandra
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

catharmaiden wrote: May 10th, 2018, 1:27 pm I would volunteer for the stage directions :)
Sandra
thanks Sandra :) I'll sign you up

Sonia
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

catharmaiden wrote: May 10th, 2018, 1:27 pm I would volunteer for the stage directions :)

Sandra
Woohoo!
Thank you so much Sandra. :-)
PROJECTS