COMPLETE[PLAY]The Love-Tiff by Moliere - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12758
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 22nd, 2018, 10:28 am

bluechien wrote:
April 22nd, 2018, 10:26 am
And it's easy to do. But since you and Saundra are the gold standards of how to say a name, you will probably never have to do this. :)
hahaha, I wouldn't bet on that. It may only be that I tend to participate in projects where I'm sure about the names ;) You should hear my sections in the Chinese short stories, I bet every native Chinese speaker will cringe when they hear my maimings of the names. :? Unfortunately it's hard to find pronunciation guides for Chinese, at least for people who are wholly unfamiliar with that language.

Sonia

mertarer
Posts: 6
Joined: March 18th, 2018, 3:27 pm

Post by mertarer » April 22nd, 2018, 10:32 am

I’ll just rerecord them, I definitely just misread that name the whole time. I’ll try to get to those today. And I think I’d need more practice editing before I could do any consonant switches :lol:

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12758
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 22nd, 2018, 10:36 am

mertarer wrote:
April 22nd, 2018, 10:32 am
I’ll just rerecord them, I definitely just misread that name the whole time. I’ll try to get to those today. And I think I’d need more practice editing before I could do any consonant switches :lol:
great, thanks, Adam ! :9:

Sonia

mertarer
Posts: 6
Joined: March 18th, 2018, 3:27 pm

Post by mertarer » April 22nd, 2018, 6:08 pm


ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7200
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » April 22nd, 2018, 6:14 pm

Thank you.

Todd

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12758
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 22nd, 2018, 11:35 pm

mertarer wrote:
April 22nd, 2018, 6:08 pm
Here is Valere 2 and 5 with corrected lines and pronunciation.
thank you Adam, all the corrections have been brilliantly done, the sound quality is totally the same than before. Excellent job.

Valère totally PL ok now.

Sonia

benderca
Posts: 527
Joined: June 24th, 2017, 12:55 pm

Post by benderca » April 27th, 2018, 3:20 pm

I have a question for the experts. In Act 5, Frosine says:

FROS. You shall know all the particulars in good time; be patient; such adventures are generally told over and over again, and that every moment. You must know then that after this will, which was on condition of a male heir being born, Albert's wife who was _enceinte_, gave birth to you.

What is _enceinte_ ? Is that a mistake with the underscores?

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7200
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » April 27th, 2018, 5:03 pm

From "UrbanDictionary.com" - enceinte is an "Old word used back in 1800s meaning unwed pregnant woman bringing shame to the family."

Thanks, Todd

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12758
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 27th, 2018, 10:56 pm

benderca wrote:
April 27th, 2018, 3:20 pm
What is _enceinte_ ? Is that a mistake with the underscores?
I think the underscores were meant to get formatted to italicized letters but Gutenberg forgot the formatting. I don't know about the exact English use of the word "enceinte" but at least in French it simply means pregnant, regardless whether the woman is married or not. At least nowadays it is not used as a derogative meaning of bringing shame. And I don't think in Molière's times either. Anyway, I think Ascanio's mother was well married already when she had her, Ascanio is the younger sister. I don't know why the translator chose the French word here when he simply could have translated it with "pregnant". :hmm:

:)

Sonia

alanmapstone
Posts: 907
Joined: February 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm
Location: Oxford

Post by alanmapstone » April 28th, 2018, 1:34 am

Metaphrastus with corrected voice credit (just for the pedants among us!!!!!!!)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lovetiff_metaphrastus_2.mp3
alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12758
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 28th, 2018, 8:30 am

alanmapstone wrote:
April 28th, 2018, 1:34 am
Metaphrastus with corrected voice credit (just for the pedants among us!!!!!!!)
thank you (sorry for being a nuisance :oops: ) PL ok now.

Sonia

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7200
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » April 28th, 2018, 6:30 pm

Albert is in the MW for PL.

Thanks, Todd

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12758
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 29th, 2018, 4:40 am

ToddHW wrote:
April 28th, 2018, 6:30 pm
Albert is in the MW for PL.
oh I really liked Albert in the scene where he is so enraged against Mascarille. :clap: And the scene where Alan is exasperating you will be hilarious :lol: Totally well done !

Acts 2 and 3 PL ok.

Actually Act 5 could be PL ok as well, since all the sentences are in and no errors. But I wanted to point out that all of a sudden you switched to Ascanio for some reason :hmm: So the whole speech from 0:29-1:36: this is all Ascanio speaking, can be cut out. Luckily you switched back to Albert in time and nothing is missing. I don't know if you want to re-upload, or simply ignore it later on when you edit. As you wish.

Great job, in any case.

Sonia

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 7200
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » April 29th, 2018, 6:56 am

Kitty wrote:
April 29th, 2018, 4:40 am
ToddHW wrote:
April 28th, 2018, 6:30 pm
Albert is in the MW for PL.
oh I really liked Albert in the scene where he is so enraged against Mascarille. :clap: And the scene where Alan is exasperating you will be hilarious :lol: Totally well done !

Acts 2 and 3 PL ok.

Actually Act 5 could be PL ok as well, since all the sentences are in and no errors. But I wanted to point out that all of a sudden you switched to Ascanio for some reason :hmm: So the whole speech from 0:29-1:36: this is all Ascanio speaking, can be cut out. Luckily you switched back to Albert in time and nothing is missing. I don't know if you want to re-upload, or simply ignore it later on when you edit. As you wish.

Great job, in any case.

Sonia
Well that was interesting. Not only did I record the wrong lines in Act 5, I also edited and uploaded them without noticing that they were wrong. Albert was going through a catharsis in Act 5 and I put down the apparent change in character to that. Guess maybe I need a long nap....

I cut the lines out of act 5 and reloaded it.

Thanks, Todd

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 12758
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » April 29th, 2018, 9:15 am

ToddHW wrote:
April 29th, 2018, 6:56 am
Well that was interesting. Not only did I record the wrong lines in Act 5, I also edited and uploaded them without noticing that they were wrong. Albert was going through a catharsis in Act 5 and I put down the apparent change in character to that.
that is a total normal reaction. If for some reason we think this is right, then we find excuses for all the odd things we encounter along the way and somehow make them fit anyway. I've had that feeling too a couple of times already.

Albert is de-ascanioed, and PL ok now. :)

Sonia

Post Reply