COMPLETE[PLAY]The Love-Tiff by Moliere - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
catharmaiden

Post by catharmaiden »

Allow me to sign up for Molière's stage directions :)

Sandra
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

great, Sandra, thank you so much. I'm sure Todd also will be happy to hear that :9: I'll sign you up.

Sonia
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: April 2nd, 2018, 1:11 am
ToddHW wrote: April 1st, 2018, 5:40 pm Not much of a tiff. More like a tiff-ette!
yes that's because you didn't have the visuals, or you would have seen the toe-stamping, the face-scratching and the ass-kicking as well :mrgreen: But I agree, she did relent way too fast in the end.

Here's Act 5 for Marinette and I also corrected the "pretty fancy". I managed to keep my previous laugh in and only corrected "a pretty fancy indeed". The difference in sound is not noticeable, I think.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lovetiff_marinette_1_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 5:08 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lovetiff_marinette_5_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 0:54 min.

Sonia
Act 5 PL OK and Act 1 patched perfectly and also PL OK!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Leanne, the shifty La Rapière is now PL ok. A bit low on volume, but Todd will equalize that in the end :)

Sonia
mertarer

Post by mertarer »

I would love to play the part of VALÈRE, if it is open.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Welcome aboard and I'm glad you have decided to try a play. I love them.

The instructions for all Librivox projects are in their first posting. What is unique about plays is that I will take your PL'd* input files (one for each act please), cut them all apart, and then assemble a single master file for each act from all the reader inputs. So an important thing is that you leave me good gaps - say 3-5 second and nothing wrong with longer gaps - between the lines so I can do the cutting and pasting.

But the most important thing is that you enjoy yourself and act. The audience doesn't get to see you so everything gets communicated by your voice (and the few stage directions - very minimal in Moliere). Note that we are NOT looking for exact 100% word perfect readings in each line but can accept minor "errors" so long as the right sense is communicated, and I have no preconceived notions about accents. So have fun. Pretend that the other readers are there with you and respond to their lines in the fashion you think appropriate for your character. Say things a number of times and try out different voices - so long as you edit everything down to just one clean set of lines in the files you upload to me.

We've done about a dozen Moliere's so far, so have a listen to some from our catalog to see how they go - many of the characters and situations in Moliere repeat from play to play, and very few characters are terribly serious or tragic for long.

Thanks, Todd

*PL = Proof Listening. Each Librivox project - whether play or book - has Proof-Listeners, or even better a single Dedicated Proof Listener (DPL). In this play our DPL "kitty"/Sonia will check that you have not missed any lines in your readings. That will ensure that I have everything I need when I start to assemble the play. Sonia will also be glad to provide great advice and suggestions about your input if you ask about something. Enjoy!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

catharmaiden wrote: April 2nd, 2018, 6:21 am Allow me to sign up for Molière's stage directions :)

Sandra
Note, when reading stage directions, if there is a translation provided in the text for what a character says in other than English, we should include it as a stage direction. So as an example:

"MET. Mandatum tuum euro diligenter." Here add, as a stage direction, the translation from the footnote: "I hasten to obey your order." This should be done for all the affected MET lines

We should also put in text from footnotes that really are stage directions, such as [Footnote: The two old men are kneeling opposite to one another.]

There is nothing in the introductory note that I think is worth passing on to a listener.

Thanks, Todd
mertarer

Post by mertarer »

Here is Valere act one, recording is 2 min 5 s. I noticed that for new readers we are supposed to say what we'd like to be referred to as in the catalog, I would prefer Adam DeFord. Please let me know if I'm doing this right :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lovetiff_valere_1.mp3
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mertarer wrote: April 7th, 2018, 11:02 am Here is Valere act one, recording is 2 min 5 s. I noticed that for new readers we are supposed to say what we'd like to be referred to as in the catalog, I would prefer Adam DeFord. Please let me know if I'm doing this right :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lovetiff_valere_1.mp3
wow Adam ! Is this your first ever drama-reading ? really well done. You managed to give Valère a really good character (well, actually, he sounds like a spoiled brat :lol: ) but this is a good character for this guy. Quite full of himself and the many "knowing" chuckles at the beginning of your sentences really are very nasty and will soooo enhance Eraste's jealousy. One can see the love tiff coming after this dialogue. This is absolutely a perfect acting out.

No lines missing either, so PL ok, without any doubt. Looking forward to the rest. For the moment I cannot imagine how Ascanio would fall in love with such a guy but he might have other hidden qualities :mrgreen:

Oh and your reader name has been input as Adam DeFord already as you can see on your personal reader page: https://librivox.org/reader/12411

Sonia
mertarer

Post by mertarer »

Alright, thank you so much. It’s my first dramatic reading with libravox, but I’ve performed on stage more than a few times. And people on plays always do seem to fall in love with weird people, ahem, Shakespeare, Two Gentleman of Verona.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

catharmaiden wrote: April 7th, 2018, 12:44 pm Here are the stage directions for the Love Tiff:
perfect, Sandra, no errors found and PL ok. Molière was really very frugal in his stage directions this time. I especially love the angry you convey when they tear up their letters. :thumbs:

Sonia
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.