Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bluechien wrote: April 8th, 2018, 12:19 am Lucile for PL!
oho ! brilliant, Eva :9: Lucile is quite a fiery and very enraged young woman for most of the play here. Excellent characterization and it makes it so believable that the lovers-fight could escalate so much. Well, Adam will have a rough time as Valère when he gets so verbally abused by you :lol: I am curious how this will turn out assembled.

Acts 2, 3 and 5 already PL ok.

one missing line in Act 4:

> at 0:01: "Do not imagine I am so weak."

Thanks ! and now I'll listen to the other part of the tiff...over to Nemo. I can expect a duet-performance, surely. ;)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

NemoR wrote: April 8th, 2018, 1:10 am Eraste for PL!
brilliant too, Nemo ! :clap: All 3 acts PL ok.

What I very much liked to hear was that you get into the same arrogant mood with Valère. This will be excellently assembled later on, you two trying to out-smart each other in your loves. Though, due to the lines which Valère has to speak, he sounds a bit more assured of himself as Eraste, which was probably the case according to their respective characters. Also, the barely repressed anger with Mascarille is greatly acted out :thumbs: And of course the highlight love-tiff of the play sounds great. I'm glad I could listen to both your dialogue right after the other, so I have a bit of a feel for the outcome already. I would say, Eraste is sort of relenting a bit earlier than Lucile, who remains a bit harder longer. But that goes well with your characters as well.

Excellent job ! Thanks

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

I would like to take on the role of fat-René, ready to do battle with Kitty, if so permitted. :D
-- Roger .... pushing on the door of life marked "pull"
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Roger wrote: April 8th, 2018, 7:39 am I would like to take on the role of fat-René, ready to do battle with Kitty, if so permitted. :D
Great! And with that, we are full.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Roger wrote: April 8th, 2018, 7:39 am I would like to take on the role of fat-René, ready to do battle with Kitty, if so permitted. :D
I'll take out my boxing-gloves, if so permitted :mrgreen:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: April 8th, 2018, 7:56 am
I'll take out my boxing-gloves, if so permitted :mrgreen:

Sonia
This will be fun!

Thanks, Todd
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Thanks so much, Sonia. :9:

Here's act IV with the missing line!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lovetiff_lucile_04_128kb.mp3
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bluechien wrote: April 8th, 2018, 8:19 am Here's act IV with the missing line!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lovetiff_lucile_04_128kb.mp3
great, thanks ! Now it's PL ok.

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Fat man René role for acts 1, 4, and 5 have been uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lovetiff_gros-rene_1_128kb.mp3 - Time: 6:22
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lovetiff_gros-rene_4_128kb.mp3 - Time: 7:24
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lovetiff_gros-rene_5_128kb.mp3 - Time: :28

You crocodile! :lol:

As always, I am open to any and all criticism; pronunciation, emphasis (or lack of), and anything else you can think of.

Thanks! :D
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sorry for being so late here, Roger, but I absolutely wanted to finish a long section yesterday and after that I was too tired out to PL. But now I listened to your performance and was highly amused. I had to chuckle at some parts. You play bumbling René very well, and in his lengthy philosophical speech he really messes it all up in the end :lol: Accurately characterized, I would say :thumbs:
You crocodile! :lol:
:lol: yes this is a surprising insult, one we wouldn't use nowadays (at least I never heard of that)
As always, I am open to any and all criticism; pronunciation, emphasis (or lack of), and anything else you can think of.
thank you, I'm donning my Steven Spielberg cap then 8-) Well on the whole there is nothing to mention, I think your performance was absolutely great.
I'll mark Acts 4 and 5 immediately PL ok.

I would have a small note in Act 1 though:

> at 0:18: "that you wound my honesty very unjustly" - this may be optional, but I think, he does not mean "winding up", but "hurting", so "wound" would have a different pronunciation to make that clear. But your interpretation may also be perfectly valid, so I leave that up to you. Just mentioning it in case it was an oversight

Another thing I might mention (as Spielberg), but which is entirely optional, and I'm only mentioning it because you give me carte blanche in all :lol: is in Act 4:

> at 5:05: "I am swelling with rage; do not imagine I will yield thus." - here maybe an emphasis on "I" would give more of meaning to the sentence. Gros-René thinks his master is weak and spineless to have yielded so quickly in the love-tiff, and he wants to show Marinette that HE at least won't be such an easy game for her. So I would stress on "I" instead of "thus".

But as I said, it's up to you. I marked Act 4 as ok already, because there is nothing wrong with your performance either. Just let me know if you changed it or not.

Great job. But I had no doubts whatsoever that you could pull this. I'm looking forward to hearing our fighting scene patched together.

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

You are so correct on both accounts. (Naturally)

Thanks so much for pointing them out to me. That's exactly the type of thing I appreciate hearing. :thumbs:

I admit I had been confused about the 'wound' usage, and I should have put more thought into it.

At any rate, both sections have been patched, and have both been uploaded, ready for a spot PL. No change to link or time.

Thanks !!! :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Roger wrote: April 11th, 2018, 7:39 am Thanks so much for pointing them out to me. That's exactly the type of thing I appreciate hearing. :thumbs:
thank you, Roger ! I love thinking about the best nuances to bring out in a play, so thanks for letting me meddle :lol:

both acts definitely PL ok now. Now you can start losing all the weight again which you put on to play Fat-René more accurately :mrgreen:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I have downloaded what we have so far so I can start draft assembly.

Thanks, Todd