COMPLETE[PLAY]The Love-Tiff by Moliere - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: May 11th, 2018, 6:11 pm Here is Mascarille:
yay our Mascarille is in. Great job, Tomas. I loved the coughs :lol: You give his character the exact amount of cunning and cowardice, totally fitting. And I think the fast-paced dialogue with Albert will sound great when assembled. :mrgreen:

No lines missing, nothing wrong with the performance. Totally PL ok. One big role in the box. :9: We're close to finishing this up.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
benderca

Post by benderca »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: May 14th, 2018, 4:24 pm And here is Frosine, Act 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lovetiff_frosine_2_128kb.mp3
ah wonderful, TJ. Our last character is coming in :9: I loved Frosine's extreme astonishment all throughout this act. You almost seem breathless of wonder and it sounds to me as if your eyes were big round orbs while you say all this (like in the animated cartoons :lol: ) You keep this up through the whole speech, this is really excellent in character. :thumbs:

Also no errors, nothing missing. PL ok. Thanks. Looking forward to the rest.

And that gives Todd a bit of work: Acts 1, 2 and 3 are ready to be finalized 8-)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: May 15th, 2018, 12:00 am
benderca wrote: May 14th, 2018, 4:24 pm And here is Frosine, Act 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lovetiff_frosine_2_128kb.mp3
ah wonderful, TJ. Our last character is coming in :9: I loved Frosine's extreme astonishment all throughout this act. You almost seem breathless of wonder and it sounds to me as if your eyes were big round orbs while you say all this (like in the animated cartoons :lol: ) You keep this up through the whole speech, this is really excellent in character. :thumbs:

And that gives Todd a bit of work: Acts 1, 2 and 3 are ready to be finalized 8-)

Sonia
Thank you both, and I'll get Act 1, 2 and 3 finalized! (By the way, I have the next Moliere prep'd for the completion of Scapin. And it will be a surprise...)

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: May 15th, 2018, 3:27 amBy the way, I have the next Moliere prep'd for the completion of Scapin. And it will be a surprise...
you tease... :mrgreen:

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

ToddHW wrote: May 15th, 2018, 3:27 am
Thank you both, and I'll get Act 1, 2 and 3 finalized! (By the way, I have the next Moliere prep'd for the completion of Scapin. And it will be a surprise...)

Thanks, Todd
Ooooooh... I love surprises! :D
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: May 15th, 2018, 12:00 am

Sonia
Thanks, Sonia! For some reason, I neglected to bookmark this play, and so I didn't notice that I am the last one to get my part in... :cry: Ooops. I'll get the next two parts to you ASAP. :D
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 1 is ready for final PL. I think the voices fit so well together - great job to all of you!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: May 15th, 2018, 6:56 pmAct 1 is ready for final PL. I think the voices fit so well together - great job to all of you!
wow, wow, wow, this Act is soooo cool. :clap: You are right, the dialogues are great together. My special favourite here is Eraste and Valère, they really fit well together. Poor Eraste is no match here for Valère's smugness :lol: No wonder he got jealous enough to start the "tiff".

I found two small things that were noteworthy:

> at 14:52: "Albert is not a man to refuse you anything." - the audio is jumping here at the name Albert. :hmm: I found this strange and checked in Roger's original file, but there he said it very clearly. Maybe you could re-copy this one sentence once more. It's at 4:55 in Roger's file.

> at 25:26: one stage direction "Exit" missing, when Gros-René is leaving the stage. Ah in fact, I see you pasted this "exit" at 25:48 for when Marinette leaves. But it seems there were no direction for her leaving at the end of Act 1. Maybe she stayed on stage while the curtain dropped :mrgreen:

Great editing job on the whole, Todd ! It was a pleasure to listen to and I'm looking forward to the next act.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: May 16th, 2018, 11:44 am
ToddHW wrote: May 15th, 2018, 6:56 pmAct 1 is ready for final PL. I think the voices fit so well together - great job to all of you!
wow, wow, wow, this Act is soooo cool. :clap: You are right, the dialogues are great together. My special favourite here is Eraste and Valère, they really fit well together. Poor Eraste is no match here for Valère's smugness :lol: No wonder he got jealous enough to start the "tiff".

I found two small things that were noteworthy:

> at 14:52: "Albert is not a man to refuse you anything." - the audio is jumping here at the name Albert. :hmm: I found this strange and checked in Roger's original file, but there he said it very clearly. Maybe you could re-copy this one sentence once more. It's at 4:55 in Roger's file.

> at 25:26: one stage direction "Exit" missing, when Gros-René is leaving the stage. Ah in fact, I see you pasted this "exit" at 25:48 for when Marinette leaves. But it seems there were no direction for her leaving at the end of Act 1. Maybe she stayed on stage while the curtain dropped :mrgreen:

Great editing job on the whole, Todd ! It was a pleasure to listen to and I'm looking forward to the next act.

Sonia
Fixes made, ready for spot PL.

Thanks, Todd
benderca

Post by benderca »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd