COMPLETE[PLAY]Charley's Aunt by Brandon Thomas - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Foon

Post by Foon »

And here's act 3!

Gosh that was fun :lol: I just sat there screaming angrily at my computer, hahaha.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/charleysaunt_stephenspettigue_3_128kb.mp3
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: July 25th, 2018, 7:42 am Word of warning:
SPETTIGUE (strolls across stage humming, out of tune). I really did try to make this out of tune :lol:
:lol: looking forward to that. Not sure I can still PL today, but first thing tomorrow at the latest !!! Thanks for the quick turnaround :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

well I had a bit more time, so I started on Act 2 after all. The out-of-tune humming is brilliant :thumbs: I love it especially when he is gruffer talking, so I am looking forward to your rants in Act 3. :mrgreen:

I only found one missing line:

> at about 2:38: (Suddenly discovering tea in hat, puts cup on table and lifts up hat.) My hat, my hat!

Thanks !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: July 25th, 2018, 8:16 am And here's act 3!
Gosh that was fun :lol: I just sat there screaming angrily at my computer, hahaha.
wonderful !!! I loved the rants in the later half of the act :lol: :thumbs: Poor Spettigue, he really had all his hopes crushed. And he almost sounded sincerely romantic during his wooing scene.

You did an absolutely great job, Foon. I am excited to hear this all assembled together.

There's only one thing that could be cut out:

> at 1:00: "What's he looking at me like that for, like a boiled owl?" - I think this is still Lord Fancourt speaking about Spettigue. The script is a bit unclear in parts but Spettigue surely wouldn't speak like that to Jack

Now I need to go and check whether Tomas included that line :?

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

yes, as I feared, that part was missed for Tomas' file:

Tomas could you please insert in your Act 3 the following:

> at about 4:38: "What's he looking at me like that for, like a boiled owl?"

Thanks !

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thanks for the PL Sonia!

Act 1 revised (posted it yesterday, but just for completeness):
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/charleysaunt_stephenspettigue_1_128kb.mp3

Act 2 revised (including "My hat! My hat!"):
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/charleysaunt_stephenspettigue_2_128kb.mp3

Act 3 revised (removed the line that wasn't mine):
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: July 26th, 2018, 4:19 am Act 1 revised (posted it yesterday, but just for completeness):
I already gave it the PL ok yesterday...you didn't reupload one more time, did you ?

The other two acts are now also PL ok. Thanks for this wonderful performance !

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Kitty wrote: July 26th, 2018, 4:23 am
Foon wrote: July 26th, 2018, 4:19 am Act 1 revised (posted it yesterday, but just for completeness):
I already gave it the PL ok yesterday...you didn't reupload one more time, did you ?

The other two acts are now also PL ok. Thanks for this wonderful performance !

Sonia
Oh, sorry, I overlooked that!
No, I didn't reupload, just copied the link from my post from yesterday is all. :)

Readers needed:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: July 26th, 2018, 4:39 am No, I didn't reupload, just copied the link from my post from yesterday is all. :)
ok good, just wanted to make sure. So all is fine. :)

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Kitty wrote: July 24th, 2018, 1:00 am
silverquill wrote: July 23rd, 2018, 8:38 am Here is the correct file, with NEW time stamps above:
brilliant, Larry, I loved your very stern voice in that one sentence :thumbs: Also the hilarious harumphing you're giving us before you start your charm-assault on fake Donna Lucia :lol:

Everything in now and correct ! Both Acts PL ok. And big thanks for the new time-stamps :9:

Sonia
Am I still missing something for the Colonel in Act I? I think this note was for that, but I see it still listed in the MW as just assigned.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: July 26th, 2018, 5:53 am Am I still missing something for the Colonel in Act I? I think this note was for that, but I see it still listed in the MW as just assigned.
no Act 1 was PL ok, Larry. The one section that is still missing is Act 3. Or did you post this and I missed the link ? :shock:

I just checked back through the entire thread and only found mention of Act III here:

viewtopic.php?p=1478011#p1478011

You said you would work on it, but you never posted it. If you hand it in before Sunday I can still PL it before I leave.

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Oh, dear! I was so sure I had all of these in.

I have it in my uploaded file, but maybe I had better check it before I upload it, just to be sure, it is ready to go, and upload it again if necessary.
I'll have some more for you this morning.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Oh, boy. Well, I held this back because I had missed the opening line in Act III. So, I've added that and think I have them all. At least this was the short Act

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/charleysaunt_colonel_3_128kb.mp3
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: July 26th, 2018, 7:37 am Oh, boy. Well, I held this back because I had missed the opening line in Act III. So, I've added that and think I have them all. At least this was the short Act
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/charleysaunt_colonel_3_128kb.mp3
yay, the happy finale for Lucia and Frank :9: The colonel hasn't lost his charm till the end ! Well done Larry.

I am hesitating at one sentence:

> at 2:16: "Well, she's a quaint little figure, I must own I" - I think originally this would have been one of the many instances in the play where an exclamation mark "!" was turned into a superfluous "I". But trailing off like you did sounds very well too, so I guess this is totally PL ok.

Thank you !!!!!

And this means we have ALL the players in and Todd can assemble at will :D

Now I hope you don't find too many sentences that I missed, Todd. :? It was quite a challenging script for all of us.

Sonia
SkipCorris

Post by SkipCorris »

I uploaded the missing ACT ONE lines for Jack Chesney

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/charleysaunt_jackchesney_1_pickups_128kb.mp3

37 seconds

TD