COMPLETE[PLAY]Charley's Aunt by Brandon Thomas - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: August 19th, 2018, 6:58 pmAct 2 Part 1 ready for final PL.
I just spent an excellent 3/4 hour listening to all this snuggled up on the couch. Brilliant job, everybody. :9: And you again found an excellent spot to cut the act in two parts, Todd :thumbs:

It can be marked PL ok. Looking forward to the next part :D I bet you need a rest from grooming right now, Todd. This is no small feat. :shock:

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ToddHW wrote: August 8th, 2018, 11:42 am Missing a Sir Francis line in Act 3:
SIR FRANCIS (A little pause. DONNA LUCIA smiles.) Why, what are you
smiling at?
Thanks, Todd
So sorry.

Here it is:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/charleysaunt_colonel_line_3_128kb.mp3
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

ToddHW wrote: August 2nd, 2018, 7:58 am Missing a Jack line for Act 2:
JACK. At any rate, Freddy Peel would have stood by us like a man.

(LORD FANCOURT undoing dress.)

CHARLEY. We were fools to trust him. JACK. The selfish little beast!
Thanks, Todd
Still need this line for Act 2 Part 2

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Sonia,

Okay, here you go. I'm still missing one line in Act 2 Part 2, but I think it can be PL'd other than that - and this way you can listen to it before Act 3 which is completely ready.

Wonderful performances from each and every one of you. But let me point out particularly the stage directions - at least 10 times the amount found in any other play and really giving the sense of theatrical mayhem going on on stage. Bravo.

Thanks, Todd
SkipCorris

Post by SkipCorris »

Here ya go - Jack's missing "beast" line:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/charleysaunt_act2_linepickup.mp3

(20 seconds)

TD
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: August 21st, 2018, 6:38 amOkay, here you go. I'm still missing one line in Act 2 Part 2, but I think it can be PL'd other than that - and this way you can listen to it before Act 3 which is completely ready.
wohooo, both acts ready 8-) ok I am currently editing my first act for the Duchess of Strood, but after that, I'll settle down to listen. :9: Maybe by then the final missing line has appeared.

edit: I see Tom posted it at this very moment :9: I'll wait with the download for you to reupload the new one.
Wonderful performances from each and every one of you. But let me point out particularly the stage directions - at least 10 times the amount found in any other play and really giving the sense of theatrical mayhem going on on stage. Bravo.
oh yes, Devorah really should get a medal for this hardiness. :thumbs:

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kitty wrote: August 21st, 2018, 6:43 am oh yes, Devorah really should get a medal for this hardiness. :thumbs:

Sonia
Aww, my first LV medal! :mrgreen: I'm honored! :lol:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

And the complete Act 2 Part 2 is now ready for PL without reservation. Enjoy!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: August 21st, 2018, 8:40 amAnd the complete Act 2 Part 2 is now ready for PL without reservation. Enjoy!
what a mayhem and riot :lol: I was already half-way through when you uploaded the new file, so I listened again from the missing part on. Absolutely PL ok.

I agree, Devorah's many stage directions are not distracting, in fact they enhance the chaos, which in this play is fitting. Oh and a compliment to your merging skills, Todd. That moment when they all agree to go to Spettigue's was expertly done :thumbs:

And everybody is play-acting so funnily, but I specially loved the scene where Jack is finally speaking to Kitty and she is always mocking him so mischievously. Tom and Beth have a good charisma going there. :thumbs:

Now looking forward to the big finale. I hope I will find the time still tonight, it's rather a long act. But at the latest tomorrow morning.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

And I did it still today, with half an hour to spare. :9: It's done, the final Act is PL ok and brilliantly acted by the whole team. :clap: I think this is a play we can all be proud of. With this messy script, the tons of extra lines we had to hand in, and in the end the outcome is absolutely perfect.

Great job and it was fun to listen to. Todd: do your final duty. :)

The curtain falls.

Sonia
becevka

Post by becevka »

Sonia, many thanks for nice words and I love your comments about everyone's performance and a play! That was a great pleasure to work with you!
And kudos to Todd and whole cast for hard work!
Wolfgang Bas
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

This project is complete. All audio files can be found in the catalog at: https://librivox.org/charleys-aunt-by-brandon-thomas/

Thank you all!

(Unfortunately, Brandon Thomas was a one-hit wonder, with no more plays we can do.)

Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

ToddHW wrote: August 21st, 2018, 5:16 pm (Unfortunately, Brandon Thomas was a one-hit wonder, with no more plays we can do.)
If they were all as confusing as this one, I'm not sure I'd have the nerve to face another one anyway! :lol:

Looking forward to listening!
SkipCorris

Post by SkipCorris »

Thanks Todd and Sonya for all your work and support, especially as frustrating as the G'berg format seems to have been!

Thanks also, to all for including me in this hilarious project. I listened to the first file and am looking forward to hearing the rest.
TD