COMPLETE[PLAY]Charley's Aunt by Brandon Thomas - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: July 24th, 2018, 6:58 pm Missing two Act 1 lines from Jack Chessney:
Missing an Amy line in Act 1:
I think there are a couple more Jack lines at the end of Act 1.
well I suspected I might have missed some, but this is a lot :( I'm so sorry...

I think Leanne has unsubscribed already, so I will PM her to tell her about the missing lines. To be on the safe side I will contact Tom as well.

1 hour and 40 minutes :shock: And you don't have all the voices in yet ! Let's hope we can do it in only 2 sections.

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Here's Act 1 for Stephen Spettigue:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/charleysaunt_stephenspettigue_1_128kb.mp3

I hope I didn't miss anything!

Also, I wasn't sure how to pronounce his name in my voice credit (my gut feeling was with -tigue sounding like fatigue), so I included two pronunciations.
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: July 25th, 2018, 4:33 am Also, I wasn't sure how to pronounce his name in my voice credit (my gut feeling was with -tigue sounding like fatigue), so I included two pronunciations.
most of us, if not all, are calling him spetti-gew, rhyming on "view" :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

becevka wrote: July 24th, 2018, 11:05 pmSo, here are finally Act II and Act III from long-awaited Charley
thank you Wolfgang, wonderful how you could keep up this special voice all through the play :thumbs:

I have found no missing lines. At least I think, but at this point I am not sure anymore with this text :? so please keep checking back in the later stages of the play. Todd may well find some missing lines which you need to hand in while he is assembling.

only one note for Act 3:

> at 0:30: “You've got us into this deuce of a mess” – I think this is Jack speaking. But let’s keep the line in, I let Todd decide later in assembling

So both Acts will be marked PL ok. Thanks so much for this great performance, it really gives a highly comical touch to this already hilarious farce. :lol:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Todd, while I PLed Charley, I found another missing line for Jack :? in Act 3:

> at 3:41: JACK (helping CHARLEY out). “And I, sir, prevailed upon another person, to—well”

I will PM Tom with the details as well. Luckily he is still around. 8-)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: July 25th, 2018, 4:33 amHere's Act 1 for Stephen Spettigue:
yes, very well done ! especially around the middle part of the act you really make him lose his temper, which is very in character for this role. :thumbs: You cannot overdo the grumpiness of Spettigue :mrgreen: I also like that you have a bit of a deeper voice, it makes it more realistic, since he is a man. :thumbs:

Only two comments:

> at 1:24: “Oh, my dears!” – I think this is Babbs speaking. Spettigue has left by then - can be cut out

> at 2:58: (aside) “Donna Lucia !” – if I may make a suggestion here, you sound as if you were calling her, but he is actually speaking this to himself, I suspect he is highly astonished and surprised that this is the famous millionaire. So the intonation may have been different

but this is optional

Looking forward to the rest :) Thanks !

Sonia
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Foon wrote: July 25th, 2018, 4:33 am Also, I wasn't sure how to pronounce his name in my voice credit (my gut feeling was with -tigue sounding like fatigue), so I included two pronunciations.
I actually pronounced it in the fatigue way, as that was the pronunciation that came more instinctively to me. :? Maybe I should re-record any lines in which I say Spettigue so that I don't sound like I'm on a different planet LOL. Let me know, as I see the play is quickly winding down.
Tomas Peter
Foon

Post by Foon »

Kitty wrote: July 25th, 2018, 5:22 am
Foon wrote: July 25th, 2018, 4:33 amHere's Act 1 for Stephen Spettigue:
yes, very well done ! especially around the middle part of the act you really make him lose his temper, which is very in character for this role. :thumbs: You cannot overdo the grumpiness of Spettigue :mrgreen: I also like that you have a bit of a deeper voice, it makes it more realistic, since he is a man. :thumbs:

Only two comments:

> at 1:24: “Oh, my dears!” – I think this is Babbs speaking. Spettigue has left by then - can be cut out

> at 2:58: (aside) “Donna Lucia !” – if I may make a suggestion here, you sound as if you were calling her, but he is actually speaking this to himself, I suspect he is highly astonished and surprised that this is the famous millionaire. So the intonation may have been different

but this is optional

Looking forward to the rest :) Thanks !

Sonia
Haha, the deeper voice took some effort--I have a tendency to squeak a lot more than that :lol:

I removed the "Oh, my dears!" line, and redid the line "Donna Lucia!" with a whole different tone. My bad for misinterpreting! I additionally redid the line right after, "The celebrated millionaire", it had gotten a bit too high-pitched and squeaky in my opinion!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/charleysaunt_stephenspettigue_1_128kb.mp3
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
becevka

Post by becevka »

Kitty wrote: July 24th, 2018, 11:30 pm
becevka wrote: July 24th, 2018, 11:12 pm Now, since Todd already started mixing it all together, should I better send 1 insert file for 12:50: missing line and let Todd to cut out the unnecessary "I" and last line? Or would it be easier to re-upload Act I with corrections?
yes please reupload Act 1 in total with the corrections at the right spots. Todd so far only incorporated PL ok sections, so yours isn't in the final version yet.

Thanks, will PL soon !

Sonia
Got it!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/charleysaunt_charleywykeham_1_128kb.mp3
Time 21:17
One line in, one out, the time stays the same.
Wolfgang Bas
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: July 25th, 2018, 6:15 amI actually pronounced it in the fatigue way, as that was the pronunciation that came more instinctively to me. :? Maybe I should re-record any lines in which I say Spettigue so that I don't sound like I'm on a different planet LOL. Let me know, as I see the play is quickly winding down.
you did ? oops I can't remember. Well Todd is in full editing mode already, so I don't know. :? It might be that others also pronounced it like fatigue, so I would say at this stage it doesn't matter. Especially Babbs, or as faux Donna Lucia, could have his own way of pronouncing it.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Leanne for the prompt reply. The lines are all in now.

Your sampling rate switched back to 48,000 Hz :? I reuploaded it quickly for you now. I hope it didn't happen in the World's Best Poetry. I see you uploaded a bunch there today.

Todd, I'll make an extra section in the MW for this file, so you find it easily. (this time I checked that the sound was ok after the upload ;) )

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: July 25th, 2018, 6:47 amHaha, the deeper voice took some effort--I have a tendency to squeak a lot more than that :lol:
well I personally prefer the deeper voices. But there is a limit to my own range :lol: but I never try to be squeaky. Good thing you didn't give us a squeaky Spettigue. :mrgreen:
I removed the "Oh, my dears!" line, and redid the line "Donna Lucia!" with a whole different tone. My bad for misinterpreting! I additionally redid the line right after, "The celebrated millionaire", it had gotten a bit too high-pitched and squeaky in my opinion!
YES this intonation is perfect now !!!! Thanks this is PL ok

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

becevka wrote: July 25th, 2018, 6:50 am Got it!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/charleysaunt_charleywykeham_1_128kb.mp3
Time 21:17
One line in, one out, the time stays the same.
super. Now also PL ok. Wow, we're really making headway here today :9: If now Tom is handing in his missing lines, then I can PL Act 1 before I leave for my holidays :D

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Since I don't want to be the one to hold up the play, I figured I'd keep on going!

Here's act 2:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/charleysaunt_stephenspettigue_2_128kb.mp3

Word of warning:
SPETTIGUE (strolls across stage humming, out of tune). I really did try to make this out of tune :lol:

Readers needed: