COMPLETE[PLAY]The Notorious Mrs. Ebbsmith by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

So here, Todd, the other Italian half for this play, ready for your scrutiny :mrgreen: There were a few minor typos in the text, so I double-checked with Francesco and after he agreed they were indeed typos, I corrected them in my reading. So if you hear a different vowel in some words, it's a corrected version ;)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/notoriousmrsebbsmith_nella_1_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 0:33 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/notoriousmrsebbsmith_nella_2_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 1:29 min.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: March 26th, 2018, 12:14 pm Fortune act 3. I could only find 1 line.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/notoriousmrsebbsmith_fortune_3.mp3
me too, so I guess this is PL ok immediately. Thank you, Alan !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: March 26th, 2018, 9:49 am So here, Todd, the other Italian half for this play, ready for your scrutiny :mrgreen: There were a few minor typos in the text, so I double-checked with Francesco and after he agreed they were indeed typos, I corrected them in my reading. So if you hear a different vowel in some words, it's a corrected version ;)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/notoriousmrsebbsmith_nella_1_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 0:33 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/notoriousmrsebbsmith_nella_2_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 1:29 min.

Sonia
In your own words as Nella: "Che bellezza!" PL OK! I love how she is unaffected by the drama that is going on around her.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: March 26th, 2018, 4:45 pmIn your own words as Nella: "Che bellezza!" PL OK! I love how she is unaffected by the drama that is going on around her.
:9: thank you Todd. She may be unaffected by the others' drama, but she is quite emotional herself. :lol: I pity Antonio, who has to deal with her on a daily basis.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Yes, I agree that Nella is quite emotional! But she is oh-ing and ah-ing over the ribbons and bows and fabric while other people's worlds are collapsing around them. Quite fun to see. And perhaps very intentional of Pinero's part...

Thanks, Todd
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Todd, at Sonia's insistence, I'd like to change my role to the Duke of St. Olpherts, since no one has claimed him yet. I think I'll like this dry, Wildean role more than the wimpy young husband with no spine. :lol: Thanks, Sonia, for your recommendation!
Tomas Peter
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

WiltedScribe wrote: March 27th, 2018, 2:23 pm Todd, at Sonia's insistence, I'd like to change my role to the Duke of St. Olpherts, since no one has claimed him yet. I think I'll like this dry, Wildean role more than the wimpy young husband with no spine. :lol: Thanks, Sonia, for your recommendation!
The Duke may have a spine, but he is not a nice person. However, since you insist....

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote:Todd, at Sonia's insistence, I'd like to change my role to the Duke of St. Olpherts
don't make it sound like I beat you into it :oops: (DISCLAIMER: no readers were harmed in the making of this audiobook)

Nevertheless, I am happy with the choice :9:

Sonia
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

WiltedScribe wrote: March 27th, 2018, 2:23 pm Todd, at Sonia's insistence, I'd like to change my role to the Duke of St. Olpherts, since no one has claimed him yet. I think I'll like this dry, Wildean role more than the wimpy young husband with no spine.
Oh, such a bummer. I would have loved to hear you do Lucas' delicate shifts inside his huge palette of indecision. (where's the cry smiley?) It's true, he falls short of the person he wishes he was, but there, he's got the company of everyone else. Everyone gives their best, and everyone fails pretty categorically.
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wonderful performance, Leanne. Sybil is an interesting character, although she only appears in one act. You really brought her to life and one can sympathize with her, being married to a character like Lucas Cleeve. :mrgreen: You really conveyed her pride and self-esteem very much. :thumbs: Excellent job and PL ok.

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

bluechien wrote: March 28th, 2018, 9:44 pm Oh, such a bummer. I would have loved to hear you do Lucas' delicate shifts inside his huge palette of indecision. (where's the cry smiley?) It's true, he falls short of the person he wishes he was, but there, he's got the company of everyone else. Everyone gives their best, and everyone fails pretty categorically.
After reading this, now I wish I can play both parts. :(

I'm sure someone else will come along and do Lucas justice. The Duke is a bit different than what I usually go for, so I want to see what I can make of him. Usually when Sonia thinks a role is good for me, she is usually right. So I will trust her on this one.
Tomas Peter
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hi todd, could i read Hephzibah, Lady's maid, Act 4 :thumbs:
Carolin