COMPLETE[PLAY]The Notorious Mrs. Ebbsmith by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Below are the missing lines -- with NEW time stamps to make your Spot PL easier.

I missed these when marking the lines, and then I really don't see them when I edit.
I have one more step that I will add that I think will catch these. I'll run that on Act IV before I do the final edit, and will use it on future stage directiions

Kitty wrote: May 28th, 2018, 5:02 am
> at about 10:20: missing line “Still looking at GERTRUDE, but speaking to AGNES in undertones

> at 16:07: “ST. OLPHERTS. [Sitting, breaking into a laugh.]” – missing St. Olpherts

> at 22:20: “AGNES. [Arranging his neck handkerchief.]” – you omitted “neck”, may be trivial, I’m not sure if it’s the same thing – probably optional

> at about 23:51: missing line “Beating her hands together passionately

> at about 26:27: missing line “Rising, pointing to the book

> at about 27:10: missing line “beating her breast and forehead

the ending was indeed high dramatic :shock: I wonder how the actress is grabbing the book from the fire on stage !

Sonia
I hope it they didn't use real fire!
Those action scenes can be dangerous. I once drew blood in a dress rehearsal. Good thing the prop was just a letter opener and not a real dagger. :shock: "Suppose I were to draw a dagger from my sleeve, and make to kill the prisoner with it!"

===

Oh, no, I almost forgot to upload the new file. Now that would not have been nice.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/notoriousmrsebbsmith_stagedirections_3_128kb.mp3 28:21
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: May 31st, 2018, 10:44 am Below are the missing lines -- with NEW time stamps to make your Spot PL easier.
thank you, Larry, for always making my job easier :9:

Everything perfectly PL ok now. And you gave us some extra emphasis in all the drama, for good measure :thumbs:
Those action scenes can be dangerous. I once drew blood in a dress rehearsal. Good thing the prop was just a letter opener and not a real dagger. :shock: "Suppose I were to draw a dagger from my sleeve, and make to kill the prisoner with it!"
:shock: I actually think that has happened already. Wasn't there some famous actor that got accidentally shot by real bullets on the set ? Although one could wonder about accidentally there...maybe it was a disguised killing.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: June 1st, 2018, 8:36 am Alright! Then, here is Act IV.
Larry ! I don't know what new method you have to read, but it worked. This Act is PL ok on the first go. *chimes are ringing all over the land*

I agree, the missing "outer" is not really important. Wonderful job, and you were quite dramatic again in some parts. :thumbs:

The stage directions are in for this play. Only 2 characters to finish and then we're done. :9:

Thank you :) on to new shores for you...

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Oh, I fixed it and edited the post. But, all is good.

Finally got one on the first go. :mrgreen:

The extra pass was a lot easier than recording, patching, and spot PL ......

This is one I'm going to listen to for sure.
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: June 1st, 2018, 9:17 am Oh, I fixed it and edited the post. But, all is good.
you fixed what ?

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Kitty wrote: June 1st, 2018, 9:21 am
silverquill wrote: June 1st, 2018, 9:17 am Oh, I fixed it and edited the post. But, all is good.
you fixed what ?

Sonia
"outer door"

After I uploaded it, the house emptied out, so I could grab the minute to do it.
~ Larry
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

Hi there I think I am a little late on this one but I really.like this book if you need anything please let me know!!

Thanks!
Luke Castle
Projects that need readers
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!! Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart
The Blind Brother[/color]
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

cowguy02 wrote: June 1st, 2018, 5:16 pm Hi there I think I am a little late on this one but I really.like this book if you need anything please let me know!!

Thanks!
Luke Castle
You are correct - this play is full as it says in the title. But there are others with open roles.

Thanks, Todd
benderca

Post by benderca »

Just a quick question. Todd, I know you don't place a lot of value on pronunciation, but I just noticed that I seem to be the only one who pronounces Fortune with an Italian accent "for -toon- ay". Will this be too confusing? Gertrude does say the name a lot. I thought he was Italian because he has some kind of an accent, and Gertrude tries to speak in Italian, so she would be the type who would try to pronounce names in their native accents. I recorded both versions, but I chose the Italian for my edit. But if this will confuse the listener, I can edit back in the English pronunciation.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

benderca wrote: June 26th, 2018, 5:02 pm Just a quick question. Todd, I know you don't place a lot of value on pronunciation, but I just noticed that I seem to be the only one who pronounces Fortune with an Italian accent "for -toon- ay". Will this be too confusing? Gertrude does say the name a lot. I thought he was Italian because he has some kind of an accent, and Gertrude tries to speak in Italian, so she would be the type who would try to pronounce names in their native accents. I recorded both versions, but I chose the Italian for my edit. But if this will confuse the listener, I can edit back in the English pronunciation.
Fine with me if you leave in the Italian.

Thanks, Todd
benderca

Post by benderca »

Yay! Finally Mrs. Getrude Thorpe...

Act 4:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/notoriousmrsebbsmith_getrude_4_128kb.mp3

More on to come very soon...
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: July 21st, 2018, 7:14 amYay! Finally Mrs. Getrude Thorpe...
great performance, TJ :clap: especially the tearful ending lines are very nicely acted out. Gertrude means well. Somehow the ending leaves me to wish to know how it all went on afterwards.

Well, no missing lines, as far as I can see and everything perfectly in character. PL ok.

Just one note...there is no voice credit, but I suppose you want to include that one in the first act probably. :)

Thanks !

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »