~Tiffany
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

And three more ready for PL.

Brad
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

As usual, they are PL OK :)

Some sobering chapters, it is to bad that it's so easy to believe that actually happened.
~Tiffany
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Three more ready.

The riots finally end, but what happens in the aftermath to all these people?

Brad
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

They are PL OK.

A lot of heartache I imagine, though Dickens does like a happy ending, and the end of this book is drawing nigh!
~Tiffany
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

I thought I was getting way ahead of you and you would have SIX chapters to PL. But for the second time in a few weeks, you managed to finish your PLing while I was finishing up the next three. :)
So, now, there are three more ready.

Brad
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Hehe, Ya I have been pretty busy lately, but I have a quiet week coming up!
~Tiffany
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

And they are PL OK!
I often actually have two pled a couple days before I post, I just update everything after I get the last one done!
~Tiffany
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Three more chapters read. Seven to go.

On another topic, I'm having rotten luck. I was naturally thinking about the next project. After my first two Dickens projects--A Tale of Two Cities (that one was before you joined me) and Dombey and Son--I had decided to do the rest of the novels in the order that they were written--and occasionally I might do one of his short story collections or one of his nonfiction works.
So my third book was "The Pickwick Papers." After that should have been "Oliver Twist," but I decided to skip it for a while, because there was already an Oliver Twist being read by someone else, and I realized that it might be confusing to have to on the go. So three books later, I had decided that it was time to go back and get Oliver done, and I was looking forward to it.
So, just now, as I was looking through the forum for THIS thread, what do I see but yet another "Oliver Twist" that has just started. Logically, I should do the same thing I did before, skip it until later. But I've waited so long that it is tempting to do it anyway, despite any possible confusion. I have to wonder if there is a limit on how many versions of one literary work will be permitted by LibriVox. There are seven completed Olivers already, and this new one would be an eighth. Mine would be nine.
I am considering two other options. I could do the NEXT novel in sequence, which would be "Martin Chuzzlewit." Or, I could do one of his works that ISN'T a novel. Way back at the beginning of his career--before the publication of "The Pickwick Papers," he wrote under the pseudonym Boz a collection of essays and later short stories which were eventually published together under the title "Sketches By Boz." In fact, I have occasionally over the last year read the first thirteen sections of that work casually, when I had some spare time, with the intention of eventually submitting them as a LibriVox project, so I already have a bit of a head start on it.
Ultimately the decision is mine of course, but I am open to suggestions. Which do you think I should do?
1. Oliver Twist, despite another Oliver having been started.
2. Martin Chuzzlewit
3. Sketches by Boz

Brad
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

There is no limit to how many versions of one book there can be that I am aware of, and since you are doing a solo, I don’t think there will be any confusion with two going at once, if there were two group projects, then that could be more problematic!

I don’t know if I have a preference, Martin Chuzzlewit is actually my favorite Dickens book, Bleak House coming in at a close second, But I have not read Oliver Twist in years, and I actually listened to a dramatized version of Sketches by Boz last year (I think that is the one anyways!) Thinking it through I would maybe say to go for Oliver Twist, just because it has been so long sonce I read it, and it sounds like you want to read it! but any of them will be a good choice :D

Out of curiosity, do you have a favorite Charles Dickens book?
~Tiffany
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Section 73 has a repeat at 4:40 “With the necessary gravity and freedom”
Sections 74 and 75 are PL OK!
~Tiffany
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

A mistake? When was the last time I did that? lol

My favorite is the first one I did, "A Tale of Two Cities." After that, probably a tie between "Bleak House," and "Great Expectations."

As for "Oliver Twist," I could still do it. As I said, I'm mainly worried about confusion with more than one Oliver going on at once. I don't know if it is permitted that I post on that thread asking to see if THEY mind.

If "icequeen" sees this message, I'd like to hear her opinion of which one I should do, before I make the final decision.

Brad
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

If you want to do Oliver next, that is fine with me. There won't be any confusion because you will be uploading to my folder on the server, and we will put the version number in the file name just to make doubly sure there won't be any mix up at all!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Okay, "Oliver" it is then! Thank you for your input! :D

But first, seven more chapters to finish the current project. I'll get a couple of them done today.

Brad
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Correction to 73 made.

Brad