[COMPLETE] Aleriel; or, A Voyage to Other Worlds - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
NCarrington

Post by NCarrington »

p.s. I have another good friend, in the USA, the former late-night anglophile deejay of a cult Californian radio show, 'Space Pirate Radio', who also shares your interest in all things Brit. The BBC should be proud of you guys.
NCarrington

Post by NCarrington »

craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

28-29 PL OK.
1:37-1:41 delete repeat, "I am so..."
NCarrington

Post by NCarrington »

NCarrington

Post by NCarrington »

NCarrington

Post by NCarrington »

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/aleriel_32_w-lach-szyrma_128kb.mp3

2' 50"

Last chapter.
I'm becoming bug-eyed doing this. I do hope it's acceptable.
A very good and ahead-of-it's-time story, from a remarkable Polish priest.
Now to be heard anew all over Planet Earth.
I bet he wasn't expecting that when he wrote it! (or perhaps he WAS..)

All the best

Nigel
NCarrington

Post by NCarrington »

Just remembered that I didn't put the full librivox plug and my credit at the end, so will record it to replace the cobbled together bit I added on the file I sent up, and then submit it again. I have decided to leave out the notes, which, though interesting, might confuse the listener.

NC
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

30-32 PL OK. Finished!

Well almost finished. Nigel, are you up for writing a brief summary of the book?

After we add the summary then I can start cataloguing this (in the morning).
NCarrington

Post by NCarrington »

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/aleriel_32_w-lach-szyrma_128kb.mp3

3' 08"

All the proper stuff on the end now.

How many words for the summary? Do I upload the file in the same way?

Nigel
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

The book summary can be just a sentence or two or a paragraph or two. Most are in the 25-100 word range. Just put it in your next post in this thread. I will add it to the "project screen" which has the information used in cataloguing (along with the material in the MW).
NCarrington

Post by NCarrington »

Aleriel- Synopsis(feel free to alter or edit this as you see fit)

'When an Oxford undergraduate meets by chance, a mysterious stranger, during a walking tour of France, he does not know that the unusual charismatic being he has made the acquaintance of, is in fact a disguised alien being, named Aleriel.
Coming from the planet of peace, Venus, this space travellerclaims to be visiting Earth for the first time.
Thus begins an unusual interplanetary friendship, that takes our Oxford graduate on an amazing adventure, first into the war-torn streets of Paris, then across the English Channel, to busy London and finally on to tranquil Oxford. Aleriel then leaves his friend and explores many parts of the earth, to discover the state of mankind and humanity, before departing in his 'ether car' for the Moon, then returning to his home planet to report all his findings to advanced beings there. Aleriel next experiences, with two Venusian companions, an perilous, exciting and illuminating tour, of the solar system, visiting first Mars, the asteroids and planetary moons and finally, mighty and mysterious Saturn and Jupiter. All this extra-terrestrial experience, Aleriel records in a fantastic journal, which arrives mysteriously at our now-married undergraduate's home.
It is an incredible story. But is it really the truth or just a very clever hoax? Our young couple travel to meet Aleriel in the mountains of Switzerland, determined to find out.

A contemporary of both Jules Verne, the fantasy Victorian novelist Edward Bulwer-Lytton, and later the futuristic writer HG Wells, This 1883 novel by Polish-English curate, author and historian: Wladislav Lach-Szyrma, is an extraordinary, futuristic and visionary tale, will entertain, enlighten and intrigue every listener.'

Thank you for all your help and vigilance and good luck for the future.

Nigel
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/aleriel-or-a-voyage-to-other-worlds-by-wladislaw-lach-szyrma/

Let me know if any changes are needed. Congratulations! :clap: