[COMPLETE]Mappo, the Merry Monkey, by Richard Barnum - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Shasta wrote: July 27th, 2018, 5:44 pm Here is Section 2

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/mappothemerrymonkey_02_barnum_128.mp3 Time: 10:41.7

Thanks Russ!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

Russ Bruno
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

do
Russ Bruno
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Shasta wrote: July 29th, 2018, 3:17 pm Here is Section 3

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/mappothemerrymonkey_03_barnum_128kb.mp3 Time: 21:15

I could 4, 5 and 7

Chapters 4, 5 and 7 are yours! Thanks Russ!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Chapter 1 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

I have a question: Do you or someone else listen to my stuff?
Russ Bruno
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Shasta wrote: July 30th, 2018, 11:47 am I have a question: Do you or someone else listen to my stuff?

I am DPL'ing this one. Is there something you need to change?
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

No, I don't need to change anything. I was merely curious about who does the listening. You say "this one." So ordinarily you don't do the listening? How is it decided who does the listening? Since you answered right away today, I guess that you may be retired or, at least, not otherwise employed. I don't mean to be inappropriately nosy, but I have decided to try to read the books for which you are the one in charge and am simply curious about who I am dealing with.
Russ Bruno
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Well, I normally do my own proof listening on my group projects, and I do that because I have had too many DPL's who say they want to listen to the project, then disappear for whatever reason. I had someone do that last summer, begged to be the DPL but then his health went downhill and I ended up taking over so that the project could get cataloged. The person who decides who will DPL a project is the coordinator of the project, and I was making that executive decision long before I became an admin for LibriVox. That's the beauty of LV, we are all free to do with our projects as we see fit.

As far as work, when I started volunteering for LV, I was a stay-at-home mom with some time on her hands. Now, I am working, but I am self-employed so I get to pick when I work. If you notice that I am a bit behind on listening to my sections, or I'm not on a bunch of times a day, it's usually because I am busy with work. That happened in June, right before I went on vacation, of course! But, I try to listen to at least one section a day, especially when they are very long sections, and I try to get caught up as quickly as I can.

Thank you for being so loyal, it always blows my mind when I have readers who do that! I have a few soloists who will request that I MC and DPL their projects, which I am more than happy to do, especially when they are totally drama free and easy to work with. And, it helps to move these group projects along when I have readers who are willing to jump in. I will try to keep the books as interesting as possible. I have my eye on a couple of sci-fi and horror books that I may be turning into group projects soon!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

Here is Chapter 4:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/mappothemagicmonkey_04_barnum_128mp.mp3 9.66 KB time:10:16

Thanks for answering my questions about what you do (or don't do). I would appreciate it if you would MC and DPL my readings, if it is OK. Once in awhile you can tell me what a wonderful job I am doing. :D
Russ Bruno
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

Oh, Oh! I see that I stopped reading Chapter 4 before the end of it. Please ignore the preceding post of Chapter 4. I will now record the rest of the chapter and re-submit it.
Russ Bruno
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

Ok, so here, I believe, is all of chapter 4

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/mappothemerrymonkey_04_barnum_128mp.mp3 Time: 15.34
Russ Bruno
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Shasta wrote: July 30th, 2018, 4:23 pm Here is Chapter 4:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/mappothemagicmonkey_04_barnum_128mp.mp3 9.66 KB time:10:16

Thanks for answering my questions about what you do (or don't do). I would appreciate it if you would MC and DPL my readings, if it is OK. Once in awhile you can tell me what a wonderful job I am doing. :D

You always do a wonderful job, Russ! I love listening to you reading to me! Thanks!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Chapters and 3 are PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Shasta

Post by Shasta »

I could do chapters 11 and 12
Russ Bruno