[COMPLETE] The Three Musketeers, by Alexandre Dumas, pere-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

There are two more chapters and an epilogue, so we won't be left hanging! I having hoping that this one will finish before I go on vacation, I really, really want to listen to this one, really badly!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

I did not end the book because Dumas did not end it there! Hey! We still have important stuff to sort out... Will the Queen live happily ever after, or will she cast herself into the royal swimming pool on learning of Buckingham's death? Will Kitty get D'Artagnan on the rebound? And which wine does Porthos like best?

Three more sections - as advertised!
- Mark

"In narrating everything is simple, but it's the simple things that are difficult." (Apologies to von Clausewitz!)
Mark's Librivoxings
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Don't ruin the story! (I'm hiding my eyes so I don't see anything!) :lol:
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

- Mark

"In narrating everything is simple, but it's the simple things that are difficult." (Apologies to von Clausewitz!)
Mark's Librivoxings
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

Anne, I've created a cover, per the instructions for doing so, but the zip I created with the four images keeps faulting out with an upload error. I deleted my zip and remade it, but same deal. Any advice?
- Mark

Mark's Librivoxings
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

How big is the file? I think if the file is bigger than 100 mb then it will give an error, but I don't know for sure. I am not someone who has done anything with covers. It would probably be best to ask in the Covers thread.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Before we finish, and I forget, I need a summary for the catalog page.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

Hmmph. The file is less than ONE MB. The Uploader is claiming it found an unexpected token at such-and-such a place. Really, for these tiny files, I see no need to compress them further into a zip!

And I'll work on a summary soon!
- Mark

Mark's Librivoxings
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

PL OK for:
sect 66 Execution
sect 67 Conclusion
sect 68 Epilogue
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

Hmmmph, again. Today the Uploader has decided that my unchanged zip file is legal tender!

In the topic on "CD Covers", it says to put a link in the referenced thread... which points to a nonexistent topic. Hmmmph.

So, you're getting the notification here!

https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/three_musketeers_1805.zip

(Yes, summary coming!)
- Mark

Mark's Librivoxings
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

I will put your link over in the Covers thread when I catalog the project. I will let the other admins know that the link in the cover making instructions is dead.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

Here is my Summary of The Three Musketeers

D’Artagnan, son of a poor Gascon aristocrat, travels to Paris to seek his fortune. His family connections enable him to obtain a position in a Guard regiment. His provincial ingenuousness and his hot-headed sense of honor earn him three duels in as many hours. Thankfully, his preparation with the sword is sufficient to recommend himself to his Musketeer antagonists, and they – Athos, Porthos, and Aramis – become his fast friends.

But fate also crosses D’Artagnan’s path with some dangerous people who become his opponents: a mysterious “man from Meung” and a woman who styles herself Milady, who has formidable seduction skills and a heart that is mean and violent. Fate also inserts D’Artagnan and his Musketeer friends squarely in the middle of a love triangle of heroic proportions – between Anne of Austria (the Queen of France), George Villiers (the Duke of Buckingham, France’s enemy), and the great spymaster, his Eminence the Cardinal Richelieu. Both of these gentlemen can command the armed forces of their respective countries to battle simply for the pleasure of beating the other. And the Musketeers must serve and risk life and limb at the siege of La Rochelle, a place where the Duke and the Cardinal have chosen to match wills.

In this age it was common for young cavaliers to live off the gifts of rich mistresses, and the four friends are certainly, it seems, bereft otherwise, although all are respectably employed as guardsmen to the King himself. Their love connections weave a further web about them which often seems to sidetrack their duty to King and country.

It takes all the efforts of the four to fend off the lethal consequences of mixing in the affairs of their betters and the slings and arrows (not to mention the musket and cannon balls!) of their outrageous fortunes.
Last edited by Kaffen on May 29th, 2018, 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Mark

Mark's Librivoxings
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

THANK YOU, Helen and Ann, for your support in producing this book! I really appreciate it! :9:
- Mark

Mark's Librivoxings
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

You are very welcome, Mark! Off to the catalog! :9:
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-three-musketeers-version-2-by-alexandre-dumas/

Great job, Mark and Helen! :clap: :clap:

Now I'm off to download it! First dibs!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!