COMPLETE [Group-Christianity] Heart Talks on Holiness by S.L. Brengle - dl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

I have recorded my sections and would like also 20,22 if I may.
~ Larry
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Mark, 17, 20 and 22 are all yours!

Larry, Mark just beat you to it in claiming 20 and 22, but I'm not recording much myself at the moment - can I interest you in Section 1? It's one of the longer chapters in the book but I think you can handle it!
MarkErnest

Post by MarkErnest »

Elizabby wrote: June 12th, 2018, 11:49 am Thanks Mark, 17, 20 and 22 are all yours!

Larry, Mark just beat you to it in claiming 20 and 22, but I'm not recording much myself at the moment - can I interest you in Section 1? It's one of the longer chapters in the book but I think you can handle it!
Thanks! I'll be right on it!
MarkErnest

Post by MarkErnest »

Section 17 complete, length 6:29. Critique welcome as I literally recorded this sitting in the closet to try and mute the normal noise of the house and as well I'm a noob with Audacity.

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/hearttalks_17_brengle_128kb.mp3

Best,
Mark
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Great! This is now in the MW for PLing - you can go on and record the other two sections if you like, you don't need to wait for this one to be checked if it doesn't suit.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

MarkErnest wrote: June 12th, 2018, 12:12 pm
Elizabby wrote: June 12th, 2018, 11:49 am Thanks Mark, 17, 20 and 22 are all yours!

OK, I guess I missed that. The last I saw was MW updated and those still unclaimed. I already recorded them, but, oh well, I had fun anyway. I should know better, but I was on a roll with them . . . .
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

~ Larry
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Larry, this is in the MW.

So did you want to take Chapter 1 in the end or not?
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Elizabby wrote: June 12th, 2018, 10:09 pm Thanks Larry, this is in the MW.

So did you want to take Chapter 1 in the end or not?
Sure. It's an important chapter, so I'll work on it. I just may have some time tomorrow.
~ Larry
MarkErnest

Post by MarkErnest »

silverquill wrote: June 12th, 2018, 8:32 pm
MarkErnest wrote: June 12th, 2018, 12:12 pm

OK, I guess I missed that. The last I saw was MW updated and those still unclaimed. I already recorded them, but, oh well, I had fun anyway. I should know better, but I was on a roll with them . . . .
As Larry has already recorded 20 and 22, I am happy to defer. No need to duplicate effort!

Blessings,
Mark
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

MarkErnest wrote: June 12th, 2018, 9:22 am I can probably have all that to you by the end of the week (assuming I can get all the humans and dogs in my house to be quiet for an hour :hmm: ).
:lol: Some of my own recordings have cat sounds in the back ground. I've heard windchimes, canaries chirping, and a motorcycle (I think), fortunately faintly, roaring by in other people's recordings. To me it's all a cheerful reminder that most of us aren't professionals but amateurs in the literal sense of doing this for love.

I've gotten sections 10 and 17 and will have them proofed shortly.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 10 is PL OK. Thank you, Larry.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

The reading of section 17 is fine; thanks and congratulations on your first contribution to Librivox, Mark. However, it needs five seconds of silence at the end; there's barely one second as is. Please add to make it a full five seconds silence and the section will be good to go. If you're using Audacity, you do that with the Generate Menu. With the cursor in place at the end, click Generate and choose "Silence" from the drop down menu; you'll find it set for 3 seconds: choose the 3 with the mouse pointer and change it to 5 with the keyboard, then click OK. Please, forgive me if you knew all that; this being your first LV recording I can't be sure.
Pattymarie
MarkErnest

Post by MarkErnest »

pattymarie wrote: June 13th, 2018, 2:36 am The reading of section 17 is fine; thanks and congratulations on your first contribution to Librivox, Mark. However, it needs five seconds of silence at the end; there's barely one second as is. Please add to make it a full five seconds silence and the section will be good to go. If you're using Audacity, you do that with the Generate Menu. With the cursor in place at the end, click Generate and choose "Silence" from the drop down menu; you'll find it set for 3 seconds: choose the 3 with the mouse pointer and change it to 5 with the keyboard, then click OK. Please, forgive me if you knew all that; this being your first LV recording I can't be sure.
My apologies! I did know that there was supposed to be 5 seconds of silence, but I clearly made a mistake there. I did not know how to fix it, so I am most appreciative of the instructions. I have fixed (I hope!). Let me know if I need do anything else.

Blessings,
Mark
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

MarkErnest wrote: June 13th, 2018, 4:47 am I have fixed (I hope!). Let me know if I need do anything else.

Oh dear, I'm still getting the original file with a duration of just 6:29. It should be about 6:34 now. I've cleared my cache and still get the old file. Could you check that you uploaded the new one, Mark?
Pattymarie